TAILGATING.....New campaign

att:
Highways England, whoever they are, are launching a campaign.

Good luck with that then. :laughing:

Pity they donā€™t do the same here in France. They all but attach themselves to your rear bumper. French truck drivers though are pretty disciplined tbh.

YARDDOG:

att:
Highways England, whoever they are, are launching a campaign.

Good luck with that then. :laughing:

Pity they donā€™t do the same here in France. They all but attach themselves to your rear bumper. French truck drivers though are pretty disciplined tbh.

Havenā€™t found it to much of a problem in France TBH But the Dutch on the other hand have it down to a fine art, I appreciate Holland is densely populated driving 1 metre from the guy in front will not solve the problem

Mazzer2:

jakethesnake:
Mazzer when was the last time you saw a car driving at 40 mph on a motorway? In nearly 50 years of driving I doubt I have under normal conditions.
You also seem to be confusing normal driving to that of sitting an LGV test. Do you know why you have to make progress on a driving test?

The 40mph was steviespains example not mine however today coming down the M40 there was a car doing approx. 45mph in light rain while everyone else was doing a sensible speed so yes it does happen and 50mph is a regular occurrence. Go to the continent and you will see motorways being used correctly to get from A to B in as short as time as possible within the speed limit.

Yes I know having driven abroad plenty times.I agree these slow drivers are a real pain but a lorry driver cannot expect them to speed up when it suits them.

Wheel Nut:

jakethesnake:
If a lorry is sat on someoneā€™s bumper, itā€™s the someone who needs prosecution not the lorry,

Really,why is that? Please explain your sheer ignorance or maybe you have just worded things badly. Not 100% sure to be honest. :unamused:

The lorry is limited to 56 mph (90kph)
A car can very easily get out of the lorries way, the car sat in the Centre lane at 54mph is causing the congestion

Yes I know a lorry is limited to 56 app having driven them and also before they were limited but that does not alter the fact a lorry driver cannot expect a dozy car driver to speed up just to suit him.
I would have thought you would know most car drivers cannot driver their cars properly never mind thinking about speeding up because some brain dead lorry driver is harrassing them.
Yes the car doing 54 in the centre lane is wrong but it should be dealt with professionally by a lorry driver and not with aggression.Itā€™s up to the police to sort these numpties out.
However a car doing 54 in the inside lane is doing absolutely nothing wrong and any driver that tailgates or harrasses them deserves all they get when they get caught and it looks like they will be sooner rather than later and its not before time in my book.

jakethesnake:

Wheel Nut:

jakethesnake:
If a lorry is sat on someoneā€™s bumper, itā€™s the someone who needs prosecution not the lorry,

Really,why is that? Please explain your sheer ignorance or maybe you have just worded things badly. Not 100% sure to be honest. :unamused:

A car can very easily get out of the lorries way, the car sat in the Centre lane at 54mph is causing the congestion

Yes I know a lorry is limited to 56 app having driven them and also before they were limited but that does not alter the fact a lorry driver cannot expect a dozy car driver to speed up just to suit him.
I would have thought you would know most car drivers cannot driver their cars properly never mind thinking about speeding up because some brain dead lorry driver is harrassing them.
Yes the car doing 54 in the centre lane is wrong but it should be dealt with professionally by a lorry driver and not with aggression.Itā€™s up to the police to sort these numpties out.
However a car doing 54 in the inside lane is doing absolutely nothing wrong and any driver that tailgates or harrasses them deserves all they get when they get caught and it looks like they will be sooner rather than later and its not before time in my book.

I agree.
Answer to Wheel nutā€™s post I would give is both should be nicked, not just the car driver, but not if car is in lane 1 as you say, then the driver of the truck is in the wrong imo.

jakethesnake:

Wheel Nut:

jakethesnake:

Right so we agree that the car doing 54mph in the middle lane is wrong, my suggestion that they are prosecuted was ā– ā– ā–  pooed by you.

Iā€™m not asking a dozy driver to speed up, Iā€™m asking them to drive on the left as taught to do so, making progress is part of the driving test. If they donā€™t do that I am asking for them to be prosecuted.

Wheel Nut:

jakethesnake:

Wheel Nut:

jakethesnake:

Right so we agree that the car doing 54mph in the middle lane is wrong, my suggestion that they are prosecuted was ā– ā– ā–  pooed by you.

Iā€™m not asking a dozy driver to speed up, Iā€™m asking them to drive on the left as taught to do so, making progress is part of the driving test. If they donā€™t do that I am asking for them to be prosecuted.

Your suggestion was not ā– ā– ā–  poed by me, here is what you said,

Sorry but you did not mention anything about the car being in the middle lane. DID YOU?

And again I reiterate a car doing 50 to 60 mph in the inside lane is doing nothing wrong and you are getting confused trying to compare normal driving to a driving test.

Would you like me to explain that as well? :wink:

jakethesnake:

Wheel Nut:

jakethesnake:

Wheel Nut:

jakethesnake:

Your suggestion was not ā– ā– ā–  poed by me, here is what you said,

Sorry but you did not mention anything about the car being in the middle lane. DID YOU?

And again I reiterate a car doing 50 to 60 mph in the inside lane is doing nothing wrong and you are getting confused trying to compare normal driving to a driving test.

Would you like me to explain that as well? :wink:

I should say the first 25 posts of this discussion were talking about the Centre lanes whether that is 2,3,or 4 lane carriageways. What I did mention was the chevrons and distance markers used on various international roads

I should say the first 25 posts of this discussion were talking about the Centre lanes whether that is 2,3,or 4 lane carriageways. What I did mention was the chevrons and distance markers used on various international roads

Really, whatever you say. I think I have said enough to clarify my point.