Tail Gaiting

I’ve decided to forward any AGGRESSIVE or Retarded (no chance of getting any quicker Home) Tail Gaiting I record in the car or truck to the Police from Trucks or any other vehicles to get these Evil Pricks taken off the road for a year with a Criminal conviction. FYI.

Some folk dont notice they’re even doing it (i’ll let these off with a look), I didn’t occasionally with the fervour of youth, you also get the ones about to fall asleep (m6 south recently, wife asleep next to him & he had the “Dreaded Nodders”, (Copyright Philip John Leonard)). Should of gave him the head’s up but he was close & not quite there yet. I was also knacked but even knacked I can drive better than a lot.

I’ll Crack on Big Time if the Road is Clear & Safe but this dead head behaviour shames us all in this Country.

All you’s Decent Folk out there should do the same.

The Police should bang on about this for a while which is the biggest cause of accidents in this Country rather than banging on about drink driving & “Speeding” like a broken record.

Ain’t there Tech coming soon on the motorway which will auto ban ■■■■■■

Better idea than this managed motorway ■■■■■■■■ with just leaves a rolling road block when you’re Afterburner for the Bunk. Lane discipline goes out the window in these & roadworks for some reason which is probly why some Pro’s tailgate in frustration at the crap driving but that is not an excuse to do it, give it a bit closer & if they don’t get the message, they ain’t worth your RAGE.

Chill out mate, you’ll give yourself a heart attack, you’ll never change it. Just knock your cruise onto 50 and forget about your troubles.

Hes got a point though. I dont see how some drivers feel comfortable so close to the vehicle in front. This week ive had trucks gain on me only to sit a few feet from my bumber on a vlear 4 lane stretch of the M25. Even when I’ve knocked cc off they slow down too staying there. The other type is the one who you pass and they immediately flash you in. Im not ignoring you, its just I dont feel safe with them so close behind me.

ezydriver:
Chill out mate, you’ll give yourself a heart attack, you’ll never change it. Just knock your cruise onto 50 and forget about your troubles.

The guy is a fruitcake and has been on the vino nonstop for about 2 weeks now. Best to just ignore him and let him waffle on.

Silver_Surfer:
I’ve decided to forward any AGGRESSIVE or Retarded (no chance of getting any quicker Home) Tail Gaiting I record in the car or truck to the Police from Trucks or any other vehicles to get these Evil Pricks taken off the road for a year with a Criminal conviction. FYI.

Some folk dont notice they’re even doing it (i’ll let these off with a look), I didn’t occasionally with the fervour of youth, you also get the ones about to fall asleep (m6 south recently, wife asleep next to him & he had the “Dreaded Nodders”, (Copyright Philip John Leonard)). Should of gave him the head’s up but he was close & not quite there yet. I was also knacked but even knacked I can drive better than a lot.

I’ll Crack on Big Time if the Road is Clear & Safe but this dead head behaviour shames us all in this Country.

The Police should bang on about this for a while which is the biggest cause of accidents in this Country rather than banging on about drink driving & “Speeding” like a broken record.

Ain’t there Tech coming soon on the motorway which will auto ban [zb]?

Better idea than this managed motorway ■■■■■■■■ with just leaves a rolling road block when you’re Afterburner for the Bunk. Lane discipline goes out the window in these & roadworks for some reason which is probly why some Pro’s tailgate in frustration at the crap driving but that is not an excuse to do it, give it a bit closer & if they don’t get the message, they ain’t worth your RAGE.

There was a accident on the police program on tv a few months ago were a truck ran into the back of another, there was no cab left on the truck tail gating driver killed . it turned my stomach. i never tailgate keep right back as i want to go home at night will not rush for any transport manager. :wink:

The problem is that they get closer and closer over time and nothing happens so they are led into a false sense of security

It could be cured with modern technology which gently applies the brakes until the minimum safe distance at X speed is achieved

ROG:
The problem is that they get closer and closer over time and nothing happens so they are led into a false sense of security

It could be cured with modern technology which gently applies the brakes until the minimum safe distance at X speed is achieved

Yea, but Rog, these Dicks switch stuff like that off.

on the other side of the coin, I have never had so many problems with pricks who wont pull in as i have in the last year or so. you know the oh i am turning in about 3 miles so am going to sit here until the turn.

or the i am doing 70/50/40/30 so you shall not pass, or the coffin dodger who hasnt utilised their mirrors during the whole journey.

but i wont get stupidly close like some do, for me driving standards are goign down hill we make our tests harder but with so many EU brothers and sisters on the roads in UK vehicles its only going to get worse.

ROG:

Had to nip over to Wakefield early morning so thought I’d take the bike. Through the 50 limits and variable limits on the M62 I just sat in the inside lane on cruise taking care of my licence. I had it on cruise bang on the limit according to the satnav. I had a few (5 or 6) occasions with LGVs following close enough to make me actually scared.

With a couple I honestly doubt they could see me anymore they were that close - that is unbelievably scary. Mirrors filled by Volvo grill! It really was just bullying tactics to push the little biker along and get a few more mph.

On a couple I slipped out into lane 2 and they were straight up the inside and onto the next vehicles arse. I wouldn’t mind so much if I was on a 50cc and holding them up but the bikes a 1.6 six cylinder limited to 155mph.

I also had one decided to pass me then pull in when I was still inline with his rear axle on the trailer. He just very very slowly pushed across the line forcing me to move over and drop back … bad enough doing this to a car or another LGV but a bike … they don’t deserve their licence when they drive like that.

Rog is perfectly right about the technology and the sooner we have the ‘platooning’ and autonomous vehicles the better. And yes - some would turn the technology off cos they know best.

Tailgating saves fuel.

I had several today in roadworks between Leeming and Scotch Corner.Mr Armstrong Logistics what a ■■■■■■ you are hopefully he will have a speeding ticket for the average speed and other ■■■■■■ in a plain MAN sorry m8 just empty cages in the back as you were close enough to probably jump in ■■■■■■

Silver_Surfer:

I’m sorry, but are you suggesting that tailgating is a more serious offence than drink driving?

Police are only interested in folk speeding. General bad driving is too much leg work.

How many cars sit in the middle lane? Thought it was now a 3 point 100 quid fine? You wouldn’t think it.

sayersy:

Silver_Surfer:

I’m sorry, but are you suggesting that tailgating is a more serious offence than drink driving?

I dont think it’s any less serious. If a drunk driver on the motorway has an unobstructed view then there may still be some reaction time (although impared it would be slower) if there was a problem ahead. A driver so close he can’t see any road ahead wiuld have nil reaction time to avoid a similar scenario.

I was driving back last night doing 45 on a single carriage road only to have some nub in a tanker blast past on his horn…

shep532:

ROG:

Had to nip over to Wakefield early morning so thought I’d take the bike. Through the 50 limits and variable limits on the M62 I just sat in the inside lane on cruise taking care of my licence. I had it on cruise bang on the limit according to the satnav. I had a few (5 or 6) occasions with LGVs following close enough to make me actually scared.

With a couple I honestly doubt they could see me anymore they were that close - that is unbelievably scary. Mirrors filled by Volvo grill! It really was just bullying tactics to push the little biker along and get a few more mph.

On a couple I slipped out into lane 2 and they were straight up the inside and onto the next vehicles arse. I wouldn’t mind so much if I was on a 50cc and holding them up but the bikes a 1.6 six cylinder limited to 155mph.

I also had one decided to pass me then pull in when I was still inline with his rear axle on the trailer. He just very very slowly pushed across the line forcing me to move over and drop back … bad enough doing this to a car or another LGV but a bike … they don’t deserve their licence when they drive like that.
mistr
Rog is perfectly right about the technology and the sooner we have the ‘platooning’ and autonomous vehicles the better. And yes - some would turn the technology off cos they know best.

thats the problem with bikes having become acceptable by mister righteous…

f off.