tag axle units

so, is it just me or have tag axles seemed to make a comeback of late in popularity? lets see some photos of old or new tag axle units…

Coz they are much better than mid lifts

my mates steed also when im on leave i drive this too !!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350655944.351784.jpg
This is my dads new 560.

globby 480:

too right!

Loving this thread, Mat!

Funnily enough I was looking through a Commercial Motor today from several weeks ago, and came across this rare beast!

My first thoughts were that it was an ex-Croome drawbar that’d been shortened and had the Hiab fitted, and I guess also converted to a unit. Although I’ve not been able to find a picture of an old Croome Eurotrotter to compare the colours.

Also, I posted this here a year or so back. It was in ‘Trucking’ magazine, and has TWO tag axles! …or maybe two midlifts :wink:

DSC06789 (2) (640x467).jpg]
DSC06841 (2) (640x480).jpg
DSC06745 (2) (640x480).jpg

DSC06893 (2) (640x480).jpg

globby 480:

Why? (genuine question)

Hi! The black and pink Scania 164 is my mate HÃ¥kan he got new and had it until a couple of years ago.
I worked for this company in 2000 for a halv year and got a scania 144 530 tag. The owener is a bit of a horsepower man :smiley:

euromat:
heres a few for starters…

i only had 2 tags, this F16 started life as a 4x2, it used to get a move on!

and this, the worst motor i ever had

some of my dads tag axles

this was a great looking motor until it got converted into a 6x2 tag axle rigid with a crane behind the cab.

Ex Russell Davies

Random from internet

i got these 2 thru the fence at Scania Sodertjale

outside Scania HQ

We use tags because they tend to be more manouverable in tight spaces, we used to do a lot of work onto farms but they are also good in some of the dairies we deliver to.

phone 315.jpg

wrighty:
We use tags because they tend to be more manouverable in tight spaces, we used to do a lot of work onto farms but they are also good in some of the dairies we deliver to.

I saw the article in Commercial Motor, nice looking motors. Some of your tags are also rear steers, aren’t they? You got any photos of that working?

Sorry Roger Breaker I have`t any photos of the rear steers. We run 1 tractor unit with rear steer which was purchased to deliver fertiliser and roofing sheets, that can be seen in the Commercial motor article. All the 8 wheelers on bulk milk farm collection are rear steer and lift.

wrighty:
Sorry Roger Breaker I have`t any photos of the rear steers. We run 1 tractor unit with rear steer which was purchased to deliver fertiliser and roofing sheets, that can be seen in the Commercial motor article. All the 8 wheelers on bulk milk farm collection are rear steer and lift.

I’d better order some fertiliser and roofing sheets then! :wink: Cheers for the info!

Back in work tuesday, if i get a chance I will try to get some photos to post on here…

Plus they look alot smarter IMHO.