Tag axle or Mid lift?

New debate, who prefers tag axles or midlifts, personally I’d go for a 4x2 with side fairings and twin large tanks, and a tri axle trailer. Think tags look ridiculous tho, midlifts arent too bad as long as they steer.

Shouldn’t you be at work… I’ll be telling your dad :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Parked in a layby on the A12 Dave having a 45 so there !!!

bugcos:
Parked in a layby on the A12 Dave having a 45 so there !!!

That’s technology for you

Hope I’ve spelt it right :blush:

bugcos:
New debate, who prefers tag axles or midlifts, personally I’d go for a 4x2 with side fairings and twin large tanks, and a tri axle trailer. Think tags look ridiculous tho, midlifts arent too bad as long as they steer.

depends what you’re doing , tag axles give you more grip if your going onto farms or forests for timber etc midlifts might be a bit more stable for m-way work etc

Tag-lift for me in my work, off road a bit. You ever got stuck with a mid-lift configuration? It aint so easy to get out! :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: Specially in DEEP mud!

mid lift for… actually not really bothered. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

can anyone put some pics up please only just passed my test in october 07 and dont know the differance thanks

4x2
tag looks daft lifted
so steering mid

I’ll go with whatever is best for the job in hand, couldn’t care less what it looks like really.

Paul

john c:
dont know the differance thanks

The post is referring to the axle layout on three axle tractor units.

A truck with a “mid lift” axle is one where the middle axle lifts (and on some trucks steers) and the rear axle is driven by the engine. Almost all three axle units on the road are of this configuration.

A truck with a “tag lift” axle is one where the rear axle lifts and the middle axle is driven by the engine. This is a lot less common.

HTH,
Paul

easy - tag axle’s the only one, midlifts are poofy excuses for wagons, see, no contest :laughing:

jj72:
easy - tag axle’s the only one, midlifts are poofy excuses for wagons, see, no contest :laughing:

seeing as jj goes for the tag and midlift is gay…

then im a tag fan as well.

john c:
can anyone put some pics up please only just passed my test in october 07 and dont know the differance thanks

The FH in the picture above is a 6x2 ‘mid-lift’. Also known as a 6x2 ‘pusher’ .

The FE in the picture above is a 6x2 ‘tag’. The names are relevent to rigids and tractor units.

So long as none of the axles look anything like the picture above, which was taken earlier today, I’m really not bothered!!

:smiley:

Mini mid lifts rule :laughing:

renaultman:

as long as they are hidden by side skirts. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

3 axles :question:
I know timber 6 wheelers that weigh in at 32 ton never mind the drag.

jessicas dad:

renaultman:

as long as they are hidden by side skirts. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Mines out and proud :laughing:

jessicas dad:
seeing as … midlift is gay…then im a tag fan as well.

good lad - knew you’d see the undeniable logic, now spread the word to the uneducated :grimacing:

renaultman:

Stupid looking things - skirts make them look even worse, like the truck has castors!

Understand the weight/cost savings but come on…

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

TC