Sussex compaines

TWO MORE OF TOMSETTS FROM NEWHAVEN

TWO OF NEWBYS FROM NEWHAVEN

TWO FROM JOHN JEMPSONS OF RYE SUSSEX

TOMSETTS MERCEDES 1633 AND JEMPSONS 1633 I THINK

Hi Jamie10
A bit off your post on Sussex companies but I once worked for a firm that only bought old Mercs. They bought one from Tomsetts put it through their workshops, and the fitters found the old girl was sound just things like light bulbs little things like that, it stunned them a little bit so they didn’t spray her just left her as she was and sent me to Scotland with her on a trial run, I had that little Merc for 3 years it was hard work blood, sweat and gears but she never let me down, always got me home.
cheers
John.

hi there what was the reg og that truck as i worked there for many years and the trucks were allways well looked after
who did you work for and do you have photos of the mercs

Hello Jamie10
Yeah got a few pics of the old girl here, when I can find them and work out how to put them on here, bit pushed at the moment what with the moving back but I will sort it out mate. The reg was UYJ 186Y hope you can remember her, she was a great little truck, I even went over the water with her always got me home, I was on for J&B Transport Swindon in those days. I have some good pic’s of her pulling bulkers and tankers.

cheers

John.

i put a photo of a Y REG 1633 FROM TOMSETTS ON THE OTHER DAY LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU PICS

DANNY

JJ ADAMS FROM POLEGATE HAD A LARGE FLEET AT ONE POINT ALMOST ALL MERCEDES FLEET

MERCEDES BENZ PENDICE TRANSPORT

Here you go JAMIE10, I think I may have posted this before for you. Apologies if I have. I’ve a few more old Sussex company ones if you like? Here’s my old Merc.

Regards,

Mark.

yes please brookie that will be great

eukanuba was based at sayers common nr brighton till they moved up north

abbot group was at golden cross nr hailsham untill they closed last year

any one got photos of JJ ADAMS FROM POLEGATE?

Here’s a couple more, this is courtesy of Mr Del Martin, his first M/E lorry, HRS Transport from Worthing, mid 70’s. On his way to Iran.

My Iveco parked in Edinburgh, Dobbs of Eastbourne. 1989.

My Merc and Anglo Dutch Meats (Eastbourne) in Western France somewhere, weekended with my mate Malcomb. I was “on the bounce” back to Italy due to no load back to the UK from Italy the week before. 1992

Me and my favourite motor, brand new, just back from Holland/Germany on it’s first trip.

Sorry, no JJ Adam pics JAMIE10, but i may be able to get a pic of Dobbs Logistics new Dafs as they are about 200m from my house in Hailsham!!
I’ve posted these pics elsewhere on the forum, so apologies if you’ve seen them already.

Regards,

Mark.

some nice sussex photos there brookie
here is a scale model of Tomsetts Yard in newhaven with all the trucks and trailers around 1990

let us know what you think so far model not yet finished

Jamie, How big is this shed of yours.■■ :open_mouth:

I was only joking in my post on ■■■■■■■■ Companies. Especially now that I have noticed that Stobart picture,with the warped wheels. :wink: :wink: I might post a picture of the motor which I drove before I retired in 1999.which you can stick on the shed wall In pride of place. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

shed is 10 by 12 not a bad size

I have worked for a few in Sussex, Barry Burrage Shoreham :smiley: ,Pendice Newhaven :cry: ,SPS Shoreham :smiley: ,Shoreham Transport :smiling_imp: (3 times) Pages Littlehampton :frowning: ,+lots of small firms .

JAMIE10:
HERE IS A COUPLE TO START WITH TOMSETTS TRANSPORT

Takes me back… G50 SWV was my dad (Chris Johnson) lorry… I spent alot of my time in the school holidays going with him abroad as well as around the UK, really enjoyed it,

M145 CWV was Mac’s or Melvyns lorry I seem to remember as dad had M140 CWV… He has lots of pics back home

they was the good old days back then on Tomsetts

i960.photobucket.com/albums/ae84 … 08-1-1.jpg

Hi JAMIE10

Here’s the ex Tomsetts one of UYJ 186Y I said I put on, not bad if you look at my first post about it, It’s only took me 13 months to do it… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

cheers

John.

Sorry messed that up,will try again :blush: :blush: :blush: