Sunglasses?

eagerbeaver:

Adonis.:
Oakley.

Comfortable and tough, nothing else needed.

A.

+1. Mine are polarised, and like me they are sh*t hot :sunglasses:

+2 Mine are prescription so I can look cool all day and I don’t get hassle at places that want you to wear safety glasses.

Also when I crashed the lorry they stopped window glass getting in my eye and even though one of the arms came off it simply clicked back together again as they don’t have pins.

I’ve got a pair of superdry glasses. £15. I have a habit of losing or breaking expensive ones. I agree about not going cheap, but I’ve done about £500 worth of ray ban and oakleys over the years. These ones have lasted 2 years so far

comfortable n cheuch

Captain Caveman 76:
Be careful with polarised sunglasses, they can hide fuel spillages that may be on the road, but apparently they are perfect for fishing.

Not heard of that before CC… :confused:

Also forgot to mention / ask about the UV rays too (Pat :wink: )…

I’ve had a couple of good pairs from Boots, around £20

I only buy the cheapest ones I can find.
Unlike some here, I don’t need to constantly advertise my coolness.

the nodding donkey:

It’s more to do with respecting your eyes than coolness. You may as well wear no sunglasses as dirt cheap ones. We’ve all seem the damage the sun can do to unprotected skin, well it can do similar to your eyes

newmercman:
As Switch says, your eyes are too important to go cheap. I wear Ray Bans, but the Wayfarer, not the Aviator, as you can see, I’m all about style.

so are you an albino allergic to the suns rays?
possibly a truckie vampire?
or is your misses a burka wearer and your trying to take the bad look away from her?
if she is,get a pic of her behind the wheel and blow my burka wearing truckie topic out of the water… :smiley:

I’ve got at least 12 pairs of sunglasses, a slight fetish of mine :blush:

switchlogic:

the nodding donkey:

It’s more to do with respecting your eyes than coolness. You may as well wear no sunglasses as dirt cheap ones. We’ve all seem the damage the sun can do to unprotected skin, well it can do similar to your eyes

Yep. UV rays damage your eyes same as it does your skin. Some cheap lenses will not stop UV, However the darker ones will open up the iris slightly from its aperture on a sunny day, hence youll be subject to more harmful rays than wearing nothing. Its true that any lenses will block some UV, but surely its best to choose one that blocks it all?

apart from a few odd occaisions then ive never ever wore sunglasses or bothered about harmfull uv rays or anything else,and theres absolutely nothing at all wrong with my eye ksbvbjckvckv;dvj.jnjhdiuuhn sight… :unamused:

I`ve got really thick lenses in my specs, not likely a result of cloudy UK skies, more of a mis-spent adolescence maybe?

dieseldog999:

newmercman:
As Switch says, your eyes are too important to go cheap. I wear Ray Bans, but the Wayfarer, not the Aviator, as you can see, I’m all about style.

so are you an albino allergic to the suns rays?
possibly a truckie vampire?
or is your misses a burka wearer and your trying to take the bad look away from her?
if she is,get a pic of her behind the wheel and blow my burka wearing truckie topic out of the water… :smiley:

None of the above…

It was in the minus 40s with windchill that day. That’ll give you frostbite in a couple of minutes on any exposed skin.

somewhat similar temperatures to our bedroom when my misses takes the hump with me then… :slight_smile:

OP. :sunglasses: I’ve ray bans polarised for carp fishing, cheap Oakley £189 polarised for driving. I also wear the cheap Oakley ones if I’m fishing/ climbing up trees to sport the carp! :smiley: just in case I fall out of said tree into the drink. :grimacing: done famously down at oxford manor onto popeye, which was 44 pound of mirror carp. Lol. :grimacing:

the nodding donkey:

I know what you mean, bloody ponces. :smiley:

My eyes are deffo getting worse, I have took to wearing my glasses (varifocals) when reversing, but recently I find myself wearing them all the time when driving. :unamused:
Next thing is getting some prescription vari focal shades, trouble is I won’t look as cool as I do in the Raybans.
Oh ■■■■, there I go again :blush: ,… sorry Donkey Man :smiley:

robroy:

the nodding donkey:

My eyes are deffo getting worse, I have took to wearing my glasses (varifocals) when reversing, but recently I find myself wearing them all the time when driving. :unamused:
Next thing is getting some prescription vari focal shades, trouble is I won’t look as cool as I do in the Raybans.
Oh [zb], there I go again :blush: ,… sorry Donkey Man :smiley:

Get prescription Ray Bans then! Super cool reputation intact

Drift:

Your fetish is nothing. Turns out that Gimp masks go well with shades :smiley:

I just use some old cinema 3D cardboard glasses. They’re great. If I’m approaching a red light I just close one eye and it turns green. Off I go. Plus the chicks really dig them.

James the cat:

Drift:

Your fetish is nothing. Turns out that Gimp masks go well with shades :smiley:

I just use some old cinema 3D cardboard glasses. They’re great. If I’m approaching a red light I just close one eye and it turns green. Off I go. Plus the chicks really dig them.

:laughing:

switchlogic:

robroy:

the nodding donkey:

Oh [zb], there I go again :blush: ,… sorry Donkey Man :smiley:

Get prescription Ray Bans then! Super cool reputation intact

Like I’ve got!