Driving Glassess

Hi all,

Complete newbie here. Passed my Class 2 in November last year. Accepted a job offer today with Warburtons down at Bicester starting in mid-March. I wear glasses as a requirement and am wondering what would be best for me to use, either prescription sunglasses or if I should get reactions lenses instead.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions won’t make any difference driving, windscreen blocks sunlight that makes them react. I know as mine are reaction coated! If you want sunglasses you’ll have to get some that are pretinted

As said reactions don’t work through the windscreen as they block the UV that makes the lenses react.

I got prescription sunglasses but larger lenses than my glasses, makes driving so much easier in the sun and really comfy.

specsavers.co.uk/glasses/pum … u=25672299

Not to most people’s taste but the sit comfortably and don’t move around.

I wear Bifocals, & have a pair of Bifocal normal glasses & Bifocal sunglasses, I don’t have to keep putting my normal glasses on to read an address.
Specsavers do 2 for 1, just have the sunglasses as the second pair.

Thanks for the suggestions and advice :slight_smile: I will be off to Specsavers soon!

If you are going to be driving same truck all the time, perhaps you’re Boss would consider a prescription windscreen?

:laughing: good one.

I have prescription Oakley sunglasses, cost a fair bit, over £300 but considering the amount of hours i will wear them over the years it doesn’t seem that bad.

It was a tough decision at the time though as i got them a couple of years ago i had to decide which i wanted/needed more between the Oakley’s and a PS4. :sunglasses: