Anti glare glasses

Anyone tried a pair of night time anti glare glasses (non-percription). There seem to be a good few around at very cheap prices so I’ve ordered a pair to give them a go.
Driving at night where there are no street lights is a real pain at times due to oncoming vehicles with bad settings on their headlights.
I’ve heard good things about them so anything to cut down headlight glare on country lanes etc can only be a good thing.
Anyone here used them?

Yes I use them.

Very good on roads that have a clear edge that reflects your own lights like dual carriage ways, motorways, but be wary about those country roads with out this as the lenses reduce the amount of light that gets to your eyes and you can lose the road side and overhanging objects in the darkness. The lenses I use are yellow and clip over my prescription glasses.

They take a bit of getting used to but well worth it in my experience.

An old army mate gave me a pair years ago and they are brilliant. Couldn’t live without them.

Can’t see why all the modern headlights have to be so bloody bright. If quartz halogen’s not good enough, you should have yer eyes tested. If the manufacturers keep competing to see who can make the most retina searing lights, you’ll have to wear welding goggles at night. As for badly adjusted, I’d like to be able to shoot the b******ds out. :angry:

Cheers for the replies chaps. Looking forward to trying them out.

Didn’t these become a bit of a fad a few years ago off the back of them wearing them on IRT?

Own Account Driver:
Didn’t these become a bit of a fad a few years ago off the back of them wearing them on IRT?

Not sure but I know truckers over there and skiers for that matter wear yellow lense glasses (during the day) to help cut down the light bouncing off the snow.

There are some glasses that pc gamers wear will a yellow tint , and very very good, not cheap, but as with all things you get what :open_mouth: you pay for I suppose. well worth the money though. :open_mouth:

I had some Oakley glasses years ago. Initially bought as polarised sunnies for fishing etc. They were mirrored bronze. Could wear them 24/7 in any light. Kept out the sun’s rays and all the glare and reflections at night.

Casper68:

Own Account Driver:

Not sure but I know truckers over there and skiers for that matter wear yellow lense glasses (during the day) to help cut down the light bouncing off the snow.

I use yellow lenses for night cycling. Makes a huge difference, much better.

Why on earth do people work at nights?

Night time is for owls and burglars. Get a grip people.

eagerbeaver:
Why on earth do people work at nights?

Night time is for owls and burglars. Get a grip people.

Look, that coffee needs to get delivered some time…

A fair point Mule…

I would be the first to complain (as a regular MSA visitor) :wink:

Is it not (if only) a bit easier, driving at night…■■ :confused: