Suffolk hauliers

For euromat, as they wouldnt send in a pm

Silver Fleet, Dutch trailer rental company, and preferred hire co for CCC.

smartest firm in Felixstowe!

The Legend!

Perfect!! Cheers vernon!!!

couple more for you vernon
James Baker from Mendlesham. Me, on for Autocontex

Jenson:
Ravenfleet were part of connels building supplies monk soham, I think the guy on the ground is Godber from porridge

I got my dad to look at this picture, and this is the lorry he drove! (hes not in the pic, and didnt have it from new)

kindle530:

Jenson:
Ravenfleet were part of connels building supplies monk soham, I think the guy on the ground is Godber from porridge

I got my dad to look at this picture, and this is the lorry he drove! (hes not in the pic, and didnt have it from new)

My Dad also had a transcontinental about the same time here it is

Are the red DAFS Kim gowers ?

Yes mate they are

Hello all, I’m new on here and thought I would add a couple of pics and some more memories perhaps.

Does anyone remember MA LLoyds from Parham Airfield. He had various old bangers including D1000’s, Super Comet, Marshall’s, Reiver, Bedford TK etc etc. I worked for him late seventies as a grease monkey and relief milkman.
I worked for BJ Transport back in the early/mid '80’s, who I also haven’t seen mentioned yet. We used to do general plus anything else to make it pay including dock work (which probably didn’t!).

He had four wheelers - D1000’s, Sed Atk 200’s a Dodge P6 and artics and is still going now on tilts, but the motors have changed from the blue to white now.
Back then Simon Nolloth was running a big green MB-Trac tractor on contracting and I was doing night markets.

Me on Walton terminal - probably another Friday afternoon ‘computer breakdown’ probably 1983/4-ish.

Me at Frans Maas in Yarmouth in my lovely Transcon

Then I went with Nurse Haulage who have been mentioned earlier
After a couple of years of driving the F88 and a Sed Atk 400 I got my 190-38 tag (mine’s the one with the non-matching chrome bumper - the then new Newbury Svcs)

Me and Bilko at Margeretting

I had E837PPW for quite a while (this at Widnes Roll Inn) and Steve, the bosses Globetrotter too

We ran on Machins and then CCC

Then I made the biggest mistake possibly of my life and did a ‘grass is greener’ move to the bosses best mate ‘Frosty’ (Trevor Winter).
Me with my F10 twin steer at Boroughbridge

And with ‘Yorkie’ from Nunn & Youngs at the Ty Tan Llan Cafe at Corwen, empty back from Holyhead.

Went with David Rogers in FXT and lasted about 10hrs in one of his 3300’s. I wasn’t used to living and working in a hovel that leaked all over the sleeper so I walked the same day despite the promise of a new motor! Had a few other jobs in between and then went back to Dave when he got the CAST contract.

Outside triple C’s in FXT

Tipping at Minaar’s in Earith

Then I got a Wendy House which was almost new but wasn’t a patch on my beloved Spaghetti Tin.
At Smithfield Mkt

Then when Dave opened the Martlesham site I used to shunt with this contraption.

Things went downhill and I left before the end.
However he did ask me to go back and along with Smiffy another ex-Nurse driver we ran for Steve Howlett’s Lion Traction.
I had a 190-42 tag (this taken at Woodpax, next to the Bluebell Railway), here with my little 'un

Milton Keynes

That’s about all the pics I have really as eventually the thrill wears off and it becomes ‘just another job’ and you don’t bother taking a camera anymore…
Hope there aren’t too many pics and words.

Hi David ref to dads 141reg think it was x■■? Xar if this helps , it was White cab blue chassis with a blue stripe in the cab , had 2big tanks and roll over mudwings , almost same as muffits from little port colours

God pics Deano, the 2nd from last pic with the red tilt, CC used them sometimes, a Dutch hire co, i think from memory they were called Contrail.

Kindle 530,

Is Kim still trading? I used to know him years ago when he and me dad were mates.

No mate, he packed up a long time ago.The reason i left was because my Daf was a year old and he didnt want to tax it, and i didnt get paid a couple of times. Mind you other people werent getting paid quite regular. Shame really, as it was a cracking job. He did ring me up and offer me a job running to Denmark, which i said i was interested in, he said he would ring me back in a day or 2, this was around 6 or 7 yrs ago… im still waiting for the call back.

Oh dear. I knew him way back. His dad bought him a brand new 143 left ■■■■■■, Kim was 21 at the time I must have about 17/18… His dad and mine used to “sort of” work together as in share trailers and drivers etc etc…

Another one long gone…

Tubbysboy:
Oh dear. I knew him way back. His dad bought him a brand new 143 left ■■■■■■, Kim was 21 at the time I must have about 17/18… His dad and mine used to “sort of” work together as in share trailers and drivers etc etc…

oh rite, nice one. Did your dad used to ship out then?
I wish my dad bought me a brand new 143!