Hello all: trans uk

hello, im new to this one, my mate kindle530 put me onto here…

anyways, im after any stories or pictures or any information anyone has on a suffolk based company called trans uk ltd. they used to run everywhere including the middle east, from felixstowe. it was owned and run by bob carter. i have plenty of pics of them and their trucks when they were in business but im keen to hear from anyone who has pics or stories or info where any old drivers are now, as i help to organise a reunion for any ex staff. when i get time, i will post up a couple of pics of their trucks

Hello Mate, whereabouts in Suffolk out of interest?

Check out these threads!

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=17210

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=17540

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12827

I can’t speak out of experience but I recall the firm from my youth on the old A45 near Stowmarket. As you say, they were run by Bob Carter, one of the brothers of Colin and Edward who now run the CEL Group at Woodbridge. I believe TUK were involved in both foreign work with tilts, going as far the as Middle East (and further - places you wouldn’t go today!) plus also container work from Felixstowe.

There are also some other references in one of the above threads regarding companies who worked with TUK, such as Mitchell-Rowlands from Buxhall.

You should get a fair few replies from the veterans in time.

chorcheela:
Hello Mate, whereabouts in Suffolk out of interest?

Check out these threads!

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=17210

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=17540

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12827

I can’t speak out of experience but I recall the firm from my youth on the old A45 near Stowmarket. As you say, they were run by Bob Carter, one of the brothers of Colin and Edward who now run the CEL Group at Woodbridge. I believe TUK were involved in both foreign work with tilts, going as far the as Middle East (and further - places you wouldn’t go today!) plus also container work from Felixstowe.

There are also some other references in one of the above threads regarding companies who worked with TUK, such as Mitchell-Rowlands from Buxhall.

You should get a fair few replies from the veterans in time.

excellent! i know bob carter well, and helped to organise a reunion for all the old drivers and staff we could trace, was just trying to see if anyone else on here remembered them and had any pictures. i have the same ones as kw. your right TUK went everywhere, middle east, pakistan and afghanistan were regular destinations. driver paul rowlands who wanted to work for bob was working for mitchell rowlands, was on their first middle east trip as a subby because bob couldnt take him on direct at the time for some reason