Suffolk hauliers

asc45:
Haddy the daf belonged to John Ball (J D B Trucking,the van you can see in the back ground blonged to Vince (Rebel 7) the Trans con was driven i belive by Derick Harvey.

regards Andy

Cheers for that Andy, it seems like yesterday when Vince had that old ambulance. Can you remember Simmo an owner driver who pulled for Jock Stoddart? known as the “Poisen Dwarf”. Regards Haddy.

Haddy certainy can remember the poison dwarf, worked with him over the years at vrious companys his bar is woarse than his bite!! last i heard he is living off Gorleston high st.
just to keep you updated i left PSBS last month and am now working offshore on the Ensco 80.Hope you are keeping well havant heard or seen Mr Hudson of late hope he is keeping well.

Haddy certainy can remember the poison dwarf, worked with him over the years at vrious companys his bar is woarse than his bite!! last i heard he is living off Gorleston high st.
just to keep you updated i left PSBS last month and am now working offshore on the Ensco 80.Hope you are keeping well havant heard or seen Mr Hudson of late hope he is keeping well.

Hello again Andy, Simmo aka the “Poison Dwarf” died a few months ago. He was ill with the dreaded cancer for a few years but seemed to cope quite well with the condition. I often saw him in Gorleston High St. and we would talk about the old days. I didn’t hear till recently about his death or I would have gone to his funeral.
I wish you luck in your new job on the Ensco 80 you seem to have taken to the drilling game like a duck to water after being on the road for a good many years. Anyway I looked through my pictures and look what I found, the Ensco 80 in Hollyhead in the process of having some modifications in the mid '90s. That’s the late Peter Ecclestone in the picture and we had taken up some equipment from GY. My old 3300 is in the background. Cheers Haddy.

asc45:

I take it you mean Brian (Simmo), I worked with him on Cargo Care… You’re right Andy, his bark was worse than his bite. He was always shouting at people but wouldn’t see you in a muddle, & would help you out if he could. Bit like Jim (Psyco) Cole, he had a similar temperment !!!

I didn’t realise you’d left ‘Second Best Services’, I wish you luck in your new career, will probably bump into you sometime.

i remember jim also another of lifes great charichters sadley gone.ive been left psbs for 4 weeks now,the opertunity came up so too it,lifes to short to worry about the what ifs !!

Am i right in remembering that MAT Transport had an office in trelawney house and a yard down near matthew cornish’s yard, I used to go on the friday nite trunk as a boy. Anyone tell me if my memory is still serving me correctly please. :question: 00

:stuck_out_tongue:

old days 4.jpg

:open_mouth:

:imp:

cowan container.jpg

Piglet Parris from Woolpit

BNZ97.jpg

BNZ.jpg

Magnus Group Gt Blakenham, i got this after a Megaspace, driver didnt look after it, this pic i took the day i got it, good motor, 440, pulled well.

Imageman0201072.jpg
Joe McGovern, operating centre Roy Humphreys nr Eye 530bhp, i used to go nearly every week to Germany, odd trip to DK, CH, A ,NL, F.

Some more

059.jpg

1061.jpg

1056.jpg

1079.jpg

norfolktrucker:
Some more

I had a night out in the Maurice Youngs mercedes when it was owned by East Point Removals. My mate worked for them and i took a few days off my normal job to help out as they were busy and we did a house move from Southwold to St Austell. Cracking little truck that is still on the road as far as i know.

:smiley: Do you have anymore?

Goaty:
:smiley: Do you have anymore?

loads

asc45:
Haddy the daf belonged to John Ball (J D B Trucking,the van you can see in the back ground blonged to Vince (Rebel 7) the Trans con was driven i belive by Derick Harvey.

regards Andy

I can confirm that the DAF belonged to John Ball… That’s me standing in front of it, although I’m sure you’re not supposed to share my pictures from facebook :wink:

Oh, and don’t worry. I’m nothing like my old man…

Any Special Freight Services or Ravenfleet (both from Gt Blakenham) pictures anyone??

Cubester:

asc45:

regards Andy

I can confirm that the DAF belonged to John Ball… That’s me standing in front of it, although I’m sure you’re not supposed to share my pictures from facebook :wink:

Looks like one of the roads off Westwood Avenue if i am not mistaken Cubester?

regards Daz