Sub-contracting

something good:
I was on maritime for two weeks and lost about £1000 - You need at least £1.60 per mile these days.

Sorry Mate can you advice how did you loose the £1000?
as I’m about to start working with them around January time, Considering £2300 weekly and £900 fuel I done my calculation it work ok.

My question do you really get the £2300 per week from them for the five days work?
Does the fuel cost not going above the £900 per week against £2300 income?
Any other Sub work out their to guarantee better than £2300?

I’m running a fleet of 15 trucks mixed of Tankers and skelly In Africa I have a knowledge of the running cost for type of business.

Regards

BTC

BTC:

something good:
I was on maritime for two weeks and lost about £1000 - You need at least £1.60 per mile these days.

Sorry Mate can you advice how did you loose the £1000?
as I’m about to start working with them around January time, Considering £2300 weekly and £900 fuel I done my calculation it work ok.

My question do you really get the £2300 per week from them for the five days work?
Does the fuel cost not going above the £900 per week against £2300 income?
Any other Sub work out their to guarantee better than £2300?

I’m running a fleet of 15 trucks mixed of Tankers and skelly In Africa I have a knowledge of the running cost for type of business.

Regards

BTC

You have a knowledge of the running costs for the type of business but you are going to start pulling for Maritime in January? Let me just say that your knowledge isn’t as good as you think it is.

You say £900 for fuel what about the rest of the costs? I estimate approx £11-1200 standing costs (and don’t say your truck is paid for).

£2300 is only what you might earn not what you actually will earn.

You are paid by ‘calculated’ miles not what you actually do. There are teenagers running you and you can expect 3-4 wrong reference numbers a week. There can be a lot of waiting time which is not sufficiently compensated for and I had a multi drop that was not paid in the order it was delivered which cost me a few quid in unpaid miles.

When I quit they did’t care they just said they had another two starting that afternoon. Maybe its different now, there is only one way to find out.

something good:
You say £900 for fuel what about the rest of the costs? I estimate approx £11-1200 standing costs (and don’t say your truck is paid for).

You are paid by ‘calculated’ miles not what you actually do. There are teenagers running you and you can expect 3-4 wrong reference numbers a week. There can be a lot of waiting time which is not sufficiently compensated for and I had a multi drop that was not paid in the order it was delivered which cost me a few quid in unpaid miles.

When I quit they did’t care they just said they had another two starting that afternoon. Maybe its different now, there is only one way to find out.

As above, your planner will be a spotty wideboy, with a serious smoking habit [cause it makes him look older]…

To earn anywhere near that figure, you will be run ragged, and you certainly won`t achieve it if you are running out of a rail terminal in the midlands :unamused:

Be very very wary :wink:

something good:

Thanks I value your advice,

Yes I calculated all the cost even added £600 per week as drivers wage and was still covering the cost as beginner in the country…
From my view I take it. Nothing comes easy and yo have to take risks or put big cash at first.

as a small operate its very hard to find big pay out at the beginning but once you are in the market then there is more open doors to knock on providing you are not limited to do so.

I believe on old Africa quote: Even Chiefs taste their food while cooking

Hello to every member,

I have a Daf Xf95 480 auto 2004 working in the lands of Africa.
with the lack of technology in the country and mechanics for auto box so it has been a problem for our operations have 5 of auto box and I’m now thinking to change the box to manual.
as I have been advised by my mechanic that I will need the whole transmission box with all the gear roads and stick as well as clutch pedal and clutch servo a swell as clutch master cylinder…
Which in no doubt if I source all this parts from Africa the coast would be extremely high so I’m going to buy and cut from here to export the whole lot as parts/breaker.

the confusing bit is some mechanics saying I don’t have to change the whole transmission box I only have to change the gear select/top cover of the box and add the usual gear road and pedal etc…

has any have idea or advice on this sort of work that I’m preparing to do in the next couple of month.

many thanks your advice and information always valued.

Regards

BTC