Stobrats strike again lol

AndrewG:
May have mentioned it before but 4m limit and this wouldnt happen…some of these double deckers in the Uk are a ridiculous height and really not needed…

+10 :wink:

OVLOV JAY:
You may peanuts and you get monkeys. When will these firms realise and pay a proper wage and conditions

I suspect they are even running out of monkey`s now .

FPMSL at those shoes… :grimacing:

garnib:

AndrewG:
May have mentioned it before but 4m limit and this wouldnt happen…some of these double deckers in the Uk are a ridiculous height and really not needed…

+10 :wink:

I’ll see your ten and raise you 100.

AndrewG:
FPMSL at those shoes… :grimacing:

Me too, [zb]ing quality that mule :laughing:

AndrewG:

Hmm, I think double deckers have a role to play, whether part of that is delivering to local supermarkets is another matter.

I am pretty sure that in a lot of bridge strike situations, the drivers know full well what they are doing. By that I mean, rather than do the sensible (but embarrassing) thing and stop in the road then seek assistance, they have a panic and end up convincing themselves it’ll squeeze under.

AndrewG:

I used to do pallex multi drop in a 16ft 3in decker in my last job and managed fine without bashing any bridges. Although to be honest, I don’t ever want to go back to it. Stick your deckers where the sun don’t shine [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rob22888:
I am pretty sure that in a lot of bridge strike situations, the drivers know full well what they are doing. By that I mean, rather than do the sensible (but embarrassing) thing and stop in the road then seek assistance, they have a panic and end up convincing themselves it’ll squeeze under.

:open_mouth: Really ?
If that is true it should disqualify them from ever holding a Class1 licence.
As for embarassment, I would think that getting assistance to reverse back however far, when realising you have cocked up is not half as bad as demolishing your trailer and half of a bridge.

pierrot 14:
15’3 bridge , sign at the traffic light, all be it not a big one.

google.fr/maps/@53.3931211, … 312!8i6656

Metric or imperial though?? :smiley:

Castillidie:

pierrot 14:
15’3 bridge , sign at the traffic light, all be it not a big one.

google.fr/maps/@53.3931211, … 312!8i6656

Metric or imperial though?? :smiley:

Like…

Centimetres or inches mattered as Eddie Supermarket Supermuppet Delivery Guy gave it big licks towards the bridge with his colourful safety boots on? :smiley:

OVLOV JAY:
You may peanuts and you get monkeys. When will these firms realise and pay a proper wage and conditions

Maybe its cheaper to have the damage, after all most of the damage costs are picked up by the insurance companies. I guess a hike in wages would directly affect cash flow?

Honestscott76:

OVLOV JAY:

Maybe its cheaper to have the damage, after all most of the damage costs are picked up by the insurance companies. I guess a hike in wages would directly affect cash flow?

I’d have thought they were self insured by now

Honestscott76:

OVLOV JAY:

I can’t get my head around this logic.

Having trucks manned by chimps as a result of treating and paying drivers poorly = astronomical insurance premiums, battered kit, high HR & training costs having to constantly interview, assess and induct the next batch of chimps after the last lot jacked or got sacked. Not to mention all the uniform & CPC training.

Far better, surely, to focus on and take pride in retaining good staff so you have low insurance premiums, looked after kit, low training costs etc.

Or am I just deluded?

You’re not alone, I can’t work it out either… :confused:

We are alone, just us and a few million others. Mind you, we’re not couldn’t give a ■■■■■ bean counters.

Romanian agency driver, not one word of English, issued with a detailed risk assessment
Which includes detailed directions to store, of which he understood nothing,16’ 3"DD trailer, apparently he set the height indicator in the cab to 14’ 6", why he did that is unexplained.
The trailer was brand spanking new and on it’s maiden voyage, he’d been in the U.K. for less than two weeks.
You can’t make it up really

eagerbeaver:
Don’t know what on earth he is doing down there!! It’s about 2 miles from my house that bridge and Drift is correct.

Green army are slowly trying to knock it down :grimacing: Looks like he has tried a shortcut through Warrington on his way back to Stobart/Tesco Widnes RDC.

Don’t Stobart have the rail repair contract in that area?? 70k for new trailer, but make 5 million repairing the bridge win win, maybe the driver is on a bonus for it lol

if I remember right all the xet tris were 13 1 , they should just buy those/ put all loads on them , it may not stop completely bridge hits but it should reduce them

rob22888:

Honestscott76:

OVLOV JAY:

I can’t get my head around this logic.

Having trucks manned by chimps as a result of treating and paying drivers poorly = astronomical insurance premiums, battered kit, high HR & training costs having to constantly interview, assess and induct the next batch of chimps after the last lot jacked or got sacked. Not to mention all the uniform & CPC training.

Far better, surely, to focus on and take pride in retaining good staff so you have low insurance premiums, looked after kit, low training costs etc.

Or am I just deluded?

Companies who ‘focus’ on such things do so in order to build reputation and grow. The subject company already has more than enough to satisfy its shareholders. so why change?