Stobarts pay rise?

Will you two get a room ffs

:unamused:

Im think sammym wants a job with albion but does she have an opening ■■?

He’s got more chance of ■■■■■■ in the queens handbag than Albion setting him on :open_mouth:

:unamused: :unamused:

mrginge:
I’m on salary based on 48hrs and averaged for the last 6 months 39.5hrs :sunglasses:

So you’ve done approx. a week’s work for free in the last six months. Well done.

@xichrisxi a room with sammym, rather stick pins in my eyes.

sammym:
Stop being dramatic.

I wasn’t even referring to you. I was pointing out that he said SSP paid nothing and was therefore no use to employees if they found themselves with a long term illness.

My opinion is that a company should pay it’s staff sick pay. And my opinion is that the government should legislate for this in the same way as it does holiday pay. But it’s just an opinion and this is just the internet.

Also - the argument that some staff have stayed for a long time so you must be good is one of an imbecile. Stobarts have some staff who have stayed a long time so they must be top notch using that logic. I’m sure you are a good employer and I’m sure your staff are happy. But I’m also sure that the same employees would feed radically differently after ‘decades’ of service they got cancer and couldn’t afford their mortgage.

Sarcasm not drama.

You keep sniping at me because I’m not a decent employer according to you, that was another snipe whatever you say.

If the government want to legislate for sick pay, then crack on. It will balance out elsewhere. Maybe Stobarts pay sick pay. But they also pay their class 1s less than I pay my van drivers. Commercial decisions have to be made. I am not currently in competition with Stobarts, though they have made a play before. They kind of dwarf my little 25 employee company and benefit from volume in a way I can’t, so I have to decide carefully where I spend my money. Like I said, do like I do, and pay for income protection. I get cancer, I’ve sorted myself out, despite not earning as much as some of them do. In the first 9 years I was the poorest paid. Life is all about choices, what you spend your money on is too. Insurance costs little.

And yes, it is worth shouting that drivers stay for decades. You’ve complained about firms that you don’t like for a variety of reasons and not wanted to work for again. If people want to keep coming back each week, I think it’s a good thing.

DaveyCrocket:

mrginge:
I’m on salary based on 48hrs and averaged for the last 6 months 39.5hrs :sunglasses:

So you’ve done approx. a week’s work for free in the last six months. Well done.

You might want to 're-read that Davey…

albion:

DaveyCrocket:

mrginge:

You might want to 're-read that Davey…

Hahaha … oops, this is why I’m a lorry driver and not a maths teacher :laughing:

Just a little perspective … Just over ten years ago I had a very serious, life threatening condition and after a massive operation and lots of very nasty drugs and a long, difficult battle to get my class 1 HGV I’m now fit and well and able to be a lorry driver which is all I ever really wanted to do. Even though I’ve previously criticised Stobie’s pay, I work for a company that don’t pay much more and the trucks are old but well looked after and we keep our own and they don’t go out when we’re off. Money really isn’t everything, I’m happy with my job.
Have any of you ever worked in factories? I have and it slowly kills you. Think about all the grumpy ■■■■■■■■ in the RDCs who are still grumpy after you’ve driven away.
Enjoy being a trucker, make the most of life cos it’s very short.

DaveyCrocket:
Just a little perspective … Just over ten years ago I had a very serious, life threatening condition and after a massive operation and lots of very nasty drugs and a long, difficult battle to get my class 1 HGV I’m now fit and well and able to be a lorry driver which is all I ever really wanted to do. Even though I’ve previously criticised Stobie’s pay, I work for a company that don’t pay much more and the trucks are old but well looked after and we keep our own and they don’t go out when we’re off. Money really isn’t everything, I’m happy with my job.
Have any of you ever worked in factories? I have and it slowly kills you. Think about all the grumpy [zb] in the RDCs who are still grumpy after you’ve driven away.
Enjoy being a trucker, make the most of life cos it’s very short.

I quite often think about going back to being a forkie, Davey. If it wasn’t for getting out and doing a delivery every now and then, it would drive me daft being behind a desk all the time.

Massive pay rise of 0.75% for weekend drivers…is this the biggest ever increase ever in the world ever they talked about [emoji1]
Not forgetting bringing day drivers up to a massive £9ph…hope all the drivers have sent thank you cards into Mr Stobrats.

albion:
Sarcasm not drama.

You keep sniping at me because I’m not a decent employer according to you, that was another snipe whatever you say.

If the government want to legislate for sick pay, then crack on. It will balance out elsewhere. Maybe Stobarts pay sick pay. But they also pay their class 1s less than I pay my van drivers. Commercial decisions have to be made. I am not currently in competition with Stobarts, though they have made a play before. They kind of dwarf my little 25 employee company and benefit from volume in a way I can’t, so I have to decide carefully where I spend my money. Like I said, do like I do, and pay for income protection. I get cancer, I’ve sorted myself out, despite not earning as much as some of them do. In the first 9 years I was the poorest paid. Life is all about choices, what you spend your money on is too. Insurance costs little.

And yes, it is worth shouting that drivers stay for decades. You’ve complained about firms that you don’t like for a variety of reasons and not wanted to work for again. If people want to keep coming back each week, I think it’s a good thing.

Did you miss the part where I said "I’m sure you are a good employer’? I’m not sniping at you - I’m expressing an opinion you don’t agree with.

I’m not comparing you to Stobarts. And I have no idea if they pay their staff sick pay. I was simply pointing out that I think employees should get sick pay. I don’t think they should have the stress and worry of claiming insurance if they happen to become ill. As I’ve already said that is a personal opinion.

So I’ll say this one last time - I think you are probably a very good employer and I’m sure your drivers are happy. I’m sorry if I’ve offended you as that really wasn’t my intention. And I’ll leave it at that. I hope you enjoy the weekend.

Wonder why the night drivers get a smaller percentage increase than the day drivers.

Juddian:
He’s got more chance of ■■■■■■ in the queens handbag than Albion setting him on :open_mouth:

Nah…its all a front, i reckon Sammyn is on Mrs A’s short list…mmm, no ill stop spouting bollox, youre right…more chances of bladder contents in queenies st.martins le grand bag… :grimacing:

AndrewG:

Juddian:

Nah…its all a front, i reckon Sammyn is on Mrs A’s short list…mmm, no ill stop spouting bollox, youre right…more chances of bladder contents in queenies st.martins le grand bag… :grimacing:

I don’t want to be rude - but do you have some form of special needs?

Why would I apply for a full-time driving job when I’ve made it abundantly clear before that I only ever wish to drive part time via agencies? And why would I apply to work for a company in a city I don’t live in?

Albion made a good point - the terms her drivers work in have nothing to do with me as I don’t drive for her and she wouldn’t want me too. My points were general but with some reflection, they were directed at her and for that I was wrong.

The idea of a grown man laughing because someone wouldn’t be in consideration for a job he wouldn’t consider (because of the reasons listed not due to the employer) is a bit… well odd.

And why would anyone want to urinate in anyone’s handbag? You seem a little odd and should probably book an appointment with your GP. Have a nice weekend.

sammym:

AndrewG:

Juddian:

I don’t want to be rude - but do you have some form of special needs?

Why would I apply for a full-time driving job when I’ve made it abundantly clear before that I only ever wish to drive part time via agencies? And why would I apply to work for a company in a city I don’t live in?

Albion made a good point - the terms her drivers work in have nothing to do with me as I don’t drive for her and she wouldn’t want me too. My points were general but with some reflection, they were directed at her and for that I was wrong.

The idea of a grown man laughing because someone wouldn’t be in consideration for a job he wouldn’t consider (because of the reasons listed not due to the employer) is a bit… well odd.

And why would anyone want to urinate in anyone’s handbag? You seem a little odd and should probably book an appointment with your GP. Have a nice weekend.

Special needs?? Thats an understatement! The fractured skull i have hasnt helped matters either, the cynical alternative humour p1ss taker in me has got progressively worse and my GP is sick of the sight of me . A concoction of drugs prescribed does more or less keep me on a level but every so often theres a melt down. Really cant wait to get back on the road… :stuck_out_tongue:

A bit of advice Sammyn, a lot of comments are TIC, dont take life so seriously :smiley:

DaveyCrocket:
Wonder why the night drivers get a smaller percentage increase than the day drivers.

I’ve been told it’s because the last few pay deals heavily favoured night drivers, so this is to make it fairer for the day drivers.