Stobart Tesco Widnes

halewood:
Sainsburys and Iceland both local and better work and pay than Tescos imo.Dont know if they touch new drivers, Iceland were advertising a couple of weeks back.Sainsburys is agency

What agency does Sainsburys use? Also, Iceland is that a direct contract with them or agency again?

Thanks

djdan89:

halewood:
Sainsburys and Iceland both local and better work and pay than Tescos imo.Dont know if they touch new drivers, Iceland were advertising a couple of weeks back.Sainsburys is agency

What agency does Sainsburys use? Also, Iceland is that a direct contract with them or agency again?

Thanks

I think TG recruitment are in Sainsburys.
The ad for Iceland was direct with XPO.

i thought trans line were in sainsburys,they had a porta cabin in the yard the last time i was in there
now im going back quite a few years and i thinks its when iceland were at deeside,i was told that the drivers were on a 3 month rolling contract and if they had to do a night out they got the night out money from the store manager of the last drop they did,like i say it was a long time ago and i would think its all changed now
if you are a new driver have a look at wincanton,they take on new drivers and if you pass the assment they will put you on a 3 month course going out with experianced drivers for the first week or so then assesed every month,there logic being that they can train a new driver in how to do the job properly
im working for wincanton at asda rochdale,doing tues to sat 4pm start,the money could be better but the job suits me and the job is a doddle

Widnes is all Tesco store work could be one trailer load to one store or two or three stores in the back, which a a ball ache as headboard is the frozen compartment so at first drop will have to drag most things off to get couple of frozen off then everything else back on to continue onto drop two and three, also having to do the same at drop two.
Then more time than not reload with trollies of ■■■■ from each store to take back and tip at rsu on site at Widnes.
Appleton is all general so a whole multitude of work and drops with the odd store delivery thrown in too, usually out of Goole to get you back to that side of the country if no reload for you that way out.
Not sure which is best as a newbie, Tesco work you are more or less babysat with a route they want you to drive to that store, but as mentioned nothing to get you from one store to another if on multi store work.
Were Appleton your just left to get on with it.
Wouldn’t worry about having to night out if you don’t want to as even if the worse happens and you run out of time they will pick you up and get you back to base, here’s where the usual crowd tell you it’s illegal to be carried in work vehicle but if you want to get home who gives two hoots lol.

Trucker Ed:
Widnes is all Tesco store work could be one trailer load to one store or two or three stores in the back, which a a ball ache as headboard is the frozen compartment so at first drop will have to drag most things off to get couple of frozen off then everything else back on to continue onto drop two and three, also having to do the same at drop two.
Then more time than not reload with trollies of [zb] from each store to take back and tip at rsu on site at Widnes.
Appleton is all general so a whole multitude of work and drops with the odd store delivery thrown in too, usually out of Goole to get you back to that side of the country if no reload for you that way out.
Not sure which is best as a newbie, Tesco work you are more or less babysat with a route they want you to drive to that store, but as mentioned nothing to get you from one store to another if on multi store work.
Were Appleton your just left to get on with it.
Wouldn’t worry about having to night out if you don’t want to as even if the worse happens and you run out of time they will pick you up and get you back to base, here’s where the usual crowd tell you it’s illegal to be carried in work vehicle but if you want to get home who gives two hoots lol.

Thanks for that reply only just seen it.

Have you worked out of Widnes? I think that’s the route I’m going to do as I have no previous HGV experience so think it will be good enough for a year or so before looking at something else.

If you have worked out of Widnes can you give me more of an idea on pay if you wouldn’t mind?

Thanks

Trucker Ed:

Obviously…

For doing all that extra graft, they pay a higher rate for doing it right?

yourhavingalarf:

Trucker Ed:

Obviously…

For doing all that extra graft, they pay a higher rate for doing it right?

Sent you a message mate

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stobart paying a higher rate for graft work■■?

Never

If you ever work for Tesco, try to get into Ambient depot rather than Chill.

msp:

Widnes only does fresh

djbenjimanthomas:

msp:

Widnes only does fresh

Fresh is chill isn’t it , thought stobarts starting calling it fresh after that zb up
With chill division

Did you ever do the work with tesco widnes and if you did how did you find it? Good/bad points?
I just joined the forum but most stuff i read so far a lot of it is very negative…does any1 actually like the job? Im asking as i am just starting out and want to keep a positive look on things

I can’t tell you about Tesco work but I can tell you to give it a try.

What I hear and people say that give newbies a go.

Don’t be too impressed about comments and stories on here. Sometimes there’s a lot slagging of companies and big players for different reasons.
I think the truth is somewhere in between all that.

May be try to work with an agency to get into Tesco work or a certain depot to see what it’s like. Otherwise speak to drivers to may work out there etc.

Take all your impressions to consideration and give it a go or leave it.

You will only know how a certain “outfit”/company work if you work for them.

Keep your positive attitude and look from all angles at an employer.

Thanks for the reply mate.

I have an assesment with tesco widnes on monday it was arranged by an agency and to be fair they seem to be the only ones interested in giving newbies a go.
I will jump through their hoops and keep my head down for a few months to get going then i should be in a better position.

Whilst this board is really useful, I wouldn’t take to much notice of company recommendations. You will only find out for yourself and make your own decisions. I’m about 2 and a half years in now and pretty much hated the first year or so. Have really settled in now and enjoying the job after trying a few different types of work. You will find out out for yourself on you journey. Enjoy and good luck