Stobart / Tesco RDC Widnes

Guys, a friend of mine will start on Friday at this place like a Class2 driver. Do we know anything about this place? 3am start, multi drop for Tescos that’s everything what the agency said.
3am start is it means nightshift, so he could not do more than 10h / day isn’t it?

That will be classed as day shift and they sign you out of the 10 hour rule anyway, at Widnes he will get between 10 & 12 I’d imagine with the odd long one thrown in

Trucker Ed:
That will be classed as day shift and they sign you out of the 10 hour rule anyway, at Widnes he will get between 10 & 12 I’d imagine with the odd long one thrown in

Isn’t op mate agency ,not so sure they apply the same rules when it comes to what is classed as nights/days,but I maybe wrong

Trucker Ed:

12 hours is a long one

Betty bobart nightmare

16 s for fun

Ushaw nufsed

Usdaw

Rigids will only go out between 0300 and 0600ish, no afternoon runs. 2 or 3 drops in a fridge, reload with cages of cardboard, back to the yard, tip, fuel up and then you’re done.

Make sure your mate mentions to the guy who checks his licence that you’ve not been in before. They’ll get someone to give him a quick run around site to show him what’s what.

As he works for the agency, the opt out is with the agency I’d guess? You’d get a funny look off the “planners” in Widnes if you asked them I’d guess.

I’ll give him a week before he wants to smack one of the fatties in transport.Horrible poisonous place

I know it’s a very poorly paid job! Long hours, too!

Shop deliveries=yuk! [emoji37]

halewood:
I’ll give him a week before he wants to smack one of the fatties in transport.Horrible poisonous place

i agree i worked in there for 6 long weeks with stobart shortest day was 11 hours apart from my last day when i told the planners i was finished after 8hours they look at me and said" i think i will decide when your finished",that right ,went in toilet took stobart gear off put civvies on handed them over the counter and went , only good thing was i lost a stone in weight :smiley: only did rigids one day hated that sent to places artics cant get in ,if your looking for some experience ,go there cos every other job you get you think is better than this place ,oh and you got to walk 1/2 a mile -well seemed like that :cry: to the transport office from your car , when you go out you have to press a little button ,and if your unlucky you get all your gear searched , but apart from that you will love it

Thanks for the answers guys. My mate is newly qualified driver this will be his 1st Hgv job. 2-3 drops with a rigid is not to bad. The only ■■■■■ is the starting time. 3am…have to get up 1am…

STAVRO:
I know it’s a very poorly paid job! Long hours, too!

Shop deliveries=yuk! [emoji37]

+1, zb customer too…!

The ■■■■■■■ general assistant’s at Tesco store’s, earn at least what the Eddie Stobart driver’s delivering to the stores, do.

Maybe, the E/S driver, who deliver’s to the store’s; believes that there is a a national HGV driver shortage and thinks that he is a valuable asset to the company he works for. lol

What’s with all the venom towards Stobart drivers bonehead?

Did you catch one of us sniffing your mummys knickers or something?

eagerbeaver:
What’s with all the venom towards Stobart drivers bonehead?

Did you catch one of us sniffing your mummys knickers or something?

No, I came across one, who posted comments on an Internet forum called ‘TRUCKNET’, about how well paid his job was (a few quid an hour)[emoji51]. He even spoke about how thrilling it is to sit on an air sprung seat.

Stavro… aka trucker jay in the uk