Stobarts Heywood or Stobarts Widnes

Anyone from widnes on here ?

i work nights out of widnes for stobart approx start time normally between 14.30 to 15.30 all tesco . no express stores to deliver too on nights all extra superstores or metros.generally 2 stores but sometimes they load maybe 2 3 or 4 stores on one trailer.take home pay for 5 shifts 460 per week or if you do a sixth shift 540 take home.you must stick to the risk assesment they give you for each store.
hope this helps.

Big help, thanks…is it always before 15:30 or are later starts available? Thanks

yes there is later starts there is always drivers starting work at various times.just to amend my previous message your higher rate of pay only kicks in after 12 months service and your driving standards bonus after 3 months.i have not worked at heywood so i cant comment but if it cuts down on your travelling costs go there.
a word of advice dont take this the wrong way go to your driving assesment dressed half decent im sure you will.
ask what shifts are available at your interview we have drivers on mon-fri tues-sat wed-sun -sun thurs.

Store deliveries can’t be that bad, every time I see a Tesco wagon unloading all the driver is doing is dropping the cages on the tail lift. No ■■■■■■■ them around and into the shop.

Used to enjoy store deliveries for Wilkinsons, never a rush then a cup of tea afterwards made me a happy bunny. You get to know the good and bad drops and the banter was always good. Not everyones cup of tea though and the odd trunk run used to break it up a bit

reeldeal:
yes there is later starts there is always drivers starting work at various times.just to amend my previous message your higher rate of pay only kicks in after 12 months service and your driving standards bonus after 3 months.i have not worked at heywood so i cant comment but if it cuts down on your travelling costs go there.
a word of advice dont take this the wrong way go to your driving assesment dressed half decent im sure you will.
ask what shifts are available at your interview we have drivers on mon-fri tues-sat wed-sun -sun thurs.

Oh yeh I’ll have the shirt and tie on, used to it
Is it still just under £8 for first year?

AsphaltAnimal:

reeldeal:

Oh yeh I’ll have the shirt and tie on, used to it
Is it still just under £8 for first year?

£7.20 I believe, but it’s more after 1800, not sure but I think £8.20…

After 12mths it’s £7.75 and more after 1800…

If your tramping do you get your own wagon. Or is it whatever’s in the yard.

Sent from my iPad but adjusted even more to ■■■■ winseer off.

Is widens tesco just Tesco fridges or do they run Tesco curtains too?

Widnes runs fridges to Tesco stores. Dedicated Tesco site

Oooooops
:edited : error

No wonder Tesco have subbed out to stobart and fowler welch, with those rates of pay. You can get 2 stobart drivers for 1 Tesco driver :unamused:

Helpful

just fridges no amateur container drivers

There’s a few amateur container drivers in widnes to be fair

so where do the curtain come from, with the ambient/ tv’s and stuff? goole?

Would have thought electrical comes from dav. Don’t know if it’s trained/trunked up or delivered direct.

hey folks, anyone work or worked at any of these depots?
I know the Widnes site is a Tesco site and Heywood is chilled division, but could anybody offer me any info or opinion on which site they think is best to work from as i am applying in the next few days but not sure where i want to go…

(please keep all the bitter/sour comments to yourselves…pay,elves,creme de la creme bla bla…its a bit old hat)

Good luck.

I applied for Heywood, so far been offered a wag + drag out of Appleton which would include working every weekend and biomass out of Winsford but was on holiday the day he was interviewing.