Stobart assement

UKtramp:
Oh this can only end badly from the sounds of it.

Correct…

You believed the company hard sell (fool).

I’ve seen first hand hand how Goole, Crick, Donny and the other depots totally disrespect the drivers. Prepare yourself to be treated like something unpleasant stuck to the underside of a pair of shoes. If you spend enough time tipping and loading at Eddies places, you’ll be able to hear the planners talking to the drivers on the phone and between themselves and it ain’t pretty.

yourhavingalarf:

UKtramp:
Oh this can only end badly from the sounds of it.

Correct…

You believed the company hard sell (fool).

I’ve seen first hand hand how Goole, Crick, Donny and the other depots totally disrespect the drivers. Prepare yourself to be treated like something unpleasant stuck to the underside of a pair of shoes. If you spend enough time tipping and loading at Eddies places, you’ll be able to hear the planners talking to the drivers on the phone and between themselves and it ain’t pretty.

Then I won’t be there long if that is the case, but then surely no one else would be either?

UKtramp:
No wind up, I am deadly serious

The 1st rule of deadly serious club is don’t post on trucknet

yourhavingalarf:

And they wonder why they cant get drivers :unamused: Ive never really been an employer having only taken a driver on and renting a truck for any overspill work but… i always found that treat your guys well, talk nice, pay well and you;ll always get more done…

Maybe this is a cunning ploy by UKTramp to become Stobarts head refrigeration man?

First he helps out fixing a few broken fridge units then BAM he’s Stobart chilled go to guy for all things cold! Once they see the expert at work why wouldn’t they want him?

I had to meet a bloke called Peter Pratt, said it all really [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well they do say to make it to the top you have to start from the bottom,going cap in hand to Stobrats for a job is pretty much the lowest of the low…maybe your not all that in demand after all. :smiley:

The Stobartair division has just recruited another candidate.

damage.jpg

xichrisxi:
Well they do say to make it to the top you have to start from the bottom,going cap in hand to Stobrats for a job is pretty much the lowest of the low…maybe your not all that in demand after all. :smiley:

I most certainly have not gone cap in hand to anyone, I am not desperate for a job either. I have never worked at Stobart before and know little about them other than seen their trucks on the road. I am impressed with what I have seen so far is all I am saying. Put it this way, if I don’t like it or they are what everyone says they are, then I will simply leave walk out and onto the next.

Here is their latest twin steer vehicle, an industry first. The driver trainers pictured have many years of experience.

Assessment drive.jpg

eagerbeaver:
Here is their latest twin steer vehicle, an industry first. The driver trainers pictured have many years of experience.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

UKtramp:

Dr Damon:
I think the reason some drivers give Stobarts a bashing is because of the TV program and in a way I agree. It makes the Stobart drivers look like there job is so hard and so skillful when in reality it is just like any other drivers job.
I agree with you though UK tramp Stobbies drivers do seem to be a cut above some of the rest. Is it their training or are they selective about who they take on?
It is nice to see a Company take pride in their vehicles and their drivers though.

Colin what was wrong with the Management? I have heard they are very fair if you are fair with them.

Well to be honest D_D I was impressed at the way they conducted the assessment and in all fairness as I am an experienced tramper driver I found it easy, but if a new pass or a sloppy driver did the assessment I can see that it would be more difficult than they probably expect it to be. Apparently agency staff do not have to undertake the assessment and the trainer told me that they have high standards for their own drivers, I had no reason to disbelieve him.

Neither do I from what I have heard. I think you will get on fine in the job. I have also heard from a good friend it is only the ones that cannot do the job properly or have an attitude problem that get a hard time and eventually get pushed out.

Good luck anyway. Keep us posted on the outcome.

Is this tramp bloke payed to keep the forum active with Drivel and bull zit ?

Have you not considered the Biomass side UKT? It’s a little bit more involved, I’ve even seen drivers changing wheels in their yards.

Biomass.jpg

eagerbeaver:
Have you not considered the Biomass side UKT? It’s a little bit more involved, I’ve even seen drivers changing wheels in their yards.

Oh that is just me beaver, I can see me changing wheels, tyres and possibly swapping out suspension components. All with just a small shifter of course.

Dr Damon:
Neither do I from what I have heard. I think you will get on fine in the job. I have also heard from a good friend it is only the ones that cannot do the job properly or have an attitude problem that get a hard time and eventually get pushed out.

Good luck anyway. Keep us posted on the outcome.

I most certainly will do, I always start any new job with an open mind and a blanc canvass so as to speak, one mans ceiling is another mans floor. If they were as bad as everyone makes out, they would not be as big as they are and would not give the assessment as they did.

Beetlejuice:
Is this tramp bloke *payed to keep the forum active with **Drivel and bull zit ?

*paid.
** No capital needed
I do not like to be addressed as a “bloke” either if you don’t mind, that is putting me in a gender category.

Im going for an assessment to Trafford Park this afternoon. They are the only one who gave me a chance as a new pass so far. Other companies advertise for new passes too but Ive never heard a word from them. Like Culina, they thought they`re better off with Eagerbeaver :smiley: Anyway, I hope they take into account on the assessment that I have zero experience. Even a normal reverse on a bay can be a challenge for me :blush: Maybe some of their drivers just inexperienced not bad but they work for Stobart and other drivers hate them.

fuser84:
Im going for an assessment to Trafford Park this afternoon. They are the only one who gave me a chance as a new pass so far. Other companies advertise for new passes too but Ive never heard a word from them. Like Culina, they thought they`re better off with Eagerbeaver :smiley: Anyway, I hope they take into account on the assessment that I have zero experience. Even a normal reverse on a bay can be a challenge for me :blush: Maybe some of their drivers just inexperienced not bad but they work for Stobart and other drivers hate them.

SCA depot? HT trailers, watch out for bridges :wink:

eagerbeaver:

fuser84:

SCA depot? HT trailers, watch out for bridges :wink:

Yeah, SCA. Thanks :smiley: