stiller group

Stanfield:
Hi Vic CPL still have the Sadler name registered at there head office in Wingerworth.I think they got involved with Stiller because chemical tanks were not their forte(could be wrong) they are more into solid fuels and petroleum thats why they purchased BFL who owned Sadler at the time as you most probably know.During the time they ran Sadler we never ever saw anyone from CPL they were just a name to us.

Yea John,it was a strange set up to say the least,I wonder if any of the photo’s i posted are any of the ones P was going to post to you.Heres one taken in the canteen at MSG.

This ERF was one of the Sadler Tankers fleet which were taken over by Stiller.The driver of this from new was a lad called John Stephenson who knew everything there was to know about tanker work,he has now retired after spending all his working/driving life on tanks,(smashing bloke) M369PHN + Tank 369

here is an oldie for ya , believe this is trailer 30 used for many years and converted into a 33ft flatbed/coiler.

also does anyone know the origins of this beam trailer, i know sunters had one or two years ago…

485764033a3249001265b711451178l.jpg

v7robbie:
here is an oldie for ya , believe this is trailer 30 used for many years and converted into a 33ft flatbed/coiler.

Yea Rob your right,we had three they were all converted in the end but i can’t remember the f/numbers,i’m not sure if they were still tippers when you started,i remember the hawkers driving into the yard and nicking the alloy side boards from behind the wharehouse, :open_mouth: :open_mouth: i don’t know any history on b/trailer.Dad

Stanfield:
Hi Justin (sad-stiller)
One or two more Stiller pics here for you.

The Phillips one could be one that your Dad drove or was it before he went on there? what do you think.
JOHN

Hi Stanfield. Are these photo’s from a book or are you able to zoom into them?
We bought a MAN 6x4 tractor that came from Stillers heavy fleet, reg was N444 WNU. Looks like it could be in one of your pics!

We chopped and stretched it, rebuilt it into a wrecker using the Holmes 750 top booms and Interstater Mk3 underlift from our ageing Daf 2800.
Still out working hard today.

The reg on the MAN is144 not 444,just short of 40 years at Stiillers and i can’t remember this unit,our Rob may remember it as he had more to do with the heavy side.John the urban MAN a P reg was on the n/tees contract and was driven by Mick Hodgson from new and was used as a yard shunter later at Stockton and Aycliffe and was sold last year.Regards Vic.

sorry i had left by then stiller had only just aquired the big left hand drive scanias when i left around 1992ish.

these ones…

stiller heavy haulage 15-12-2008 11-11-58.jpg

v7victor:
The reg on the MAN is144 not 444,just short of 40 years at Stiillers and i can’t remember this unit,our Rob may remember it as he had more to do with the heavy side.John the urban MAN a P reg was on the n/tees contract and was driven by Mick Hodgson from new and was used as a yard shunter later at Stockton and Aycliffe and was sold last year.Regards Vic.

Yes, sorry, that’s my mistake. Our truck now has a private plate on, N444 TOW.

Hello All
I worked for Stiller from 79 to 83ish doing the change over to stibbington etc , started out on F86, F88 then got an F10 was also sent down to Park Royal to move london steel all sorts of job good memories

Hi Is stillers still running as you dont see any trucks about anymore or it seems that way hopefully some can answer this

Thanks

danny

Imperial Chemicals which is part of the Hargreaves Group bought the tanker side of Stillers and moved into Stillers depot 2/3 years ago and Paul Stiller is now operating from the Newton Aycliffe area in a much smaller way.His vehicles are now just plain white with the name Stiller on them.I am not to certain about what happened to the flat and heavy haulage side of the company but Fleetcare which was a seperate outfit (workshops) was closed a good few years ago,maybe that was the start of it all going wrong :unamused:.There are a couple of lads on here who will maybe know more than me as I was only with him for 2yrs. 2000/2002 coming with the involvment of Sadler Tankers.
Just had a quick look on the net and he still has his web site up and running stiller.co.uk/

Stanfield:
Imperial Chemicals which is part of the Hargreaves Group bought the tanker side of Stillers and moved into Stillers depot 2/3 years ago and Paul Stiller is now operating from the Newton Aycliffe area in a much smaller way.His vehicles are now just plain white with the name Stiller on them.I am not to certain about what happened to the flat and heavy haulage side of the company but Fleetcare which was a seperate outfit (workshops) was closed a good few years ago,maybe that was the start of it all going wrong :unamused:.There are a couple of lads on here who will maybe know more than me as I was only with him for 2yrs. 2000/2002 coming with the involvment of Sadler Tankers.
Just had a quick look on the net and he still has his web site up and running stiller.co.uk/

Yea John,he is much smaller on the transport side but much bigger on the storage side than him or his father ever was,i think it was the right way to go at the time.A lot of jobs were lost but i don’t think that would unduly bother him.After 39 years at the company i had to do 7 month at Imperial before retiring .Ps part of the deal was he got the Imperial depot at Billingham that he sold to Scott bros,and Imperial only rent the yard at Stockton.Not so daft me thinks.Steve i can’t remember you but by 78 i had gone on to the Phillips contract not having much to do with the general side of the job thank the lord.I live not a mile from the Aycliffe site but i have no desire to visit the company i worked at for so long. :frowning:

Three of the different marques Stiller had on his fleet over the years
R reg MAN on heavy haulage.jpg(4 with the Merc in the background )
Scania 143 on heavy haulage.jpg
X reg Volvo FH12 on the Carline contract.jpg

John,heres an old cutting of the day we all became one.

CZC00086-04.jpg

JAN06A477Westbound.

Hi Folks! as a old stiller man myself, Im hearing awful rumours on my travels Vic’s not around anymore! can anyone please confirm if thats true? I sincerely hope Not! Vic was and hopefully still is a top bloke!

Hi parkermg. Unfortunatly Vic passed away October time last year after suffering a heart attack R.I.P, his son Robbie still comes on here now and again and also has a Stiller site on his flickr account under robbie484.