stiller group

A couple of Stillers powder tanks behind Scania fleet numbers 453 & 452 (Photos by Arthur Ingram whose name I have added )

Stanfield:
Three of the different marques Stiller had on his fleet over the years (4 with the Merc in the background )

Cardiff transport bought blue line transport which became carline they then got bought out by stillers then they became stillers carline because of the steel contract stillers could not get into port talbot steelworks on their own name that’s why they bought carline to get into steel down here saves running their trucks to wales even if they did they had a backload ready I drove for carline take coils up to North east then load through stillers or pick up their trailer for Wales here’s a couple of carline with steel on cheers john

One of Stillers Mercs 1735 transportphotos.com/road/photos

JLC00239-05.jpg

Lawrence Dunbar:
Thanks for the info, great photos, Syd was a canny lad, in fact all the Stillers lads that used to get into Tonys cafe in Mannsel St in London were good crack, we used to meet up in the Still & Star pub in the evening allong with loads of North East drivers, Happy Days , Larry.

Stiilers 1.jpg

Stillers from the past

stiller-fleet.jpg
Stillers from today

Not been on this thread for a while.A couple of pics found on ebay.

Assisted with hundreds of wide loads for Stillers into NATO hq at northolt (about 2007) when Chris Baker was in their Office.

I was in the last wave of redundancies when Stillers closed their Darton site in January, and I’ve been talking to one of my old workmates today, he tells me he’s heard that the company has just gone belly-up and closed everything, even Aycliffe. Does anybody know if it’s true?

I heard that he merged the tanker business with Imperial Tankers(Hargreaves Transport Services) and he is running the palletline side of the business from Imperials old site at Newton Aycliffe and Imperial have moved there operation to Boeing way @ Stockton.This was done in october 2009.There is quite a big piece about it on the Hargreaves web site

he sold the tanker side to imperial tankers,he still owns the yard at stockton he just rents it out to imperial,he was still running on the pallet line job out of aycliffe but not seen any of them for a while.been told theres a few people after him for money.

Here’s one for you sad-stiller.

Stanfield:

Here’s one for you sad-stiller.

worked on a few of them heaps john lol

Another one here for you sad stiller.Taken from Bob Tucks book road transport heritage vol 3.Story in there all about Stiller how and when he first started.

Hi sad stiller Two more for you here out of the same book.X reg Seddon Atki and R reg 2800 DAF both on stillers heavy haulage fleet.

,I tipped at Stillers at Aycliffe on friday last week so they are still going,

Hi Justin (sad-stiller)
One or two more Stiller pics here for you.

The Phillips one could be one that your Dad drove or was it before he went on there? what do you think.
JOHN

to early john he had a them scanias when he started

Hi sad-stiller(justin) another one here for you.
Stillers Volvo F88 reg XHN593G on steel movements which was his main type of work before he went into tankers in a big way. transportphotos.com/road/photo/VS01530

JOHN

Not sure how old this shot was, four brand new Claytons tanks ready for the off

Hi Sniffy That shot would have been around 2002 not long after the merger with Sadlers
JOHN