stiller group

Robbies Dad:

Stanfield:
Dont remember seeing many of these in the Stiller fleet0

If i remember correctly these trucks came along when they bought out Truckspeed at Scunthorpe.

Could be but there was some came new to MSG depot.

Still waiting for photos from Paul Stiller :unamused: so will have to do with this one of ebay :wink:

Stillers Mrec.JPG

Stanfield:
Still waiting for photos from Paul Stiller :unamused: so will have to do with this one of ebay :wink:

Yeah John,like i said back in the thread he doesn’t rush to get in touch, unless it benefits him !!!

some of these could be the ones he was going to send you John,regards Vic.this is one of myself at MSG,i will post some more later on ,Vic.

A few more from the early 80s.

Peter Stiller and wife and Jean from the office on her retirement.

Paul and wife at the same retirement

and one more (Guy)

v7victor:

is huddy still driving vic ? remember a few of them old faces

v7victor:
some of these could be the ones he was going to send you John,regards Vic.this is one of myself at MSG,i will post some more later on ,Vic.

Bloody hell Vic, I can’t remember you ever being that young!!

markwill:

v7victor:

Hey Les i can’t remember that far back myself :blush: Aye Mark, the last i knew of him he was on contract out of Jarrow,he went up there with Stiller on Shell and is still on for who’s got the job now,but he can’t have long to go now,good to hear from you both,regards Vic.

markwill:

v7victor:

Yea Mark theres about 8 of them past on now :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

I used to do a lot of business in Teeside a few years ago, I always stayed at the Postgate, Egton Bridge where I knew the landlord George King And I used to eat and drink at the Dolphin in Whitby. However once in 2001 I stayed at the travel lodge on Preston Farm next to Stillers yard, in the evening before I got drunk in the bar I had a walk aroun Stillers yard it was just after they had bought Sadlers at the time most of the fleet appeared to be MAN’s although they had just started buying Volvo FH’s. I remember them having lots of tankers in Philips Petroleum livery, some lorries were also in the livery of Savers and ABN Milling

I could never understand why they bought a majority of the shares (not 100%) in Carline. It would be great to see more of their photos and read more about their history.

There was a computer software company next to their yard I used to buy software off this company but I can’t remember their name.

georgeking:
I used to do a lot of business in Teeside a few years ago, I always stayed at the Postgate, Egton Bridge where I knew the landlord George King And I used to eat and drink at the Dolphin in Whitby. However once in 2001 I stayed at the travel lodge on Preston Farm next to Stillers yard, in the evening before I got drunk in the bar I had a walk aroun Stillers yard it was just after they had bought Sadlers at the time most of the fleet appeared to be MAN’s although they had just started buying Volvo FH’s. I remember them having lots of tankers in Philips Petroleum livery, some lorries were also in the livery of Savers and ABN Milling

I could never understand why they bought a majority of the shares (not 100%) in Carline. It would be great to see more of their photos and read more about their history.

There was a computer software company next to their yard I used to buy software off this company but I can’t remember their name.

Would it have been a firm called “Mandata” “george” ?

georgeking:

Hiya George the photo’s went a bit dead but theres a few about.i was with them for 39 years 34 of them on the Philips contract,heres one you may like delivering to the fishing boats in Whitby in the 80s.regards Vic.

Hi George. You must have been in the Travel Lodge at the same time has me,I moved up to Stillers from Sadlers depot at Oldham to run the chemical drivers from Thornaby & Oldham and i stayed in their for nearly 6 months until I was paid my redundancy and then signed a new contract with Stiller I then found my own digs for the next 18 month or so until I left in 2003 after 25 yrs with Sadlers.You mention about Carline,he did a similar thing with the Sadler purchase from CPL they still had a say in the ownership of Sadlers he didn,t own them 100%.If you take a look on -robbie484- flickr account there are quite a few Stiller photos on it.

Stanfield:
Hi George. You must have been in the Travel Lodge at the same time has me,I moved up to Stillers from Sadlers depot at Oldham to run the chemical drivers from Thornaby & Oldham and i stayed in their for nearly 6 months until I was paid my redundancy and then signed a new contract with Stiller I then found my own digs for the next 18 month or so until I left in 2003 after 25 yrs with Sadlers.You mention about Carline,he did a similar thing with the Sadler purchase from CPL they still had a say in the ownership of Sadlers he didn,t own them 100%.If you take a look on -robbie484- flickr account there are quite a few Stiller photos on it.

I stayed there around about March 2001, I remember my train from London being cancelled because some fell asleep in his land rover and it landed on the East Coast railway line. Ii is a pity we did not know each then, we could have met in the bar.

Stillers acquisition policy seemed very bizarre. I never realised they did not own 100% of Sadlers I remember when Hays and the Kuwait Investment Office owned then, some of their vehicles had small Hays stickers on them.

Hi George
You are right about the Hays logo being put on the Sadler vehicles but they only lasted about a couple of weeks because management were instructed to remove them by ICI or they would not be aloud into Billingham or Runcorn to load and carry their products due to the fact that at the time Hays were in competition with them on some of their products (Ammonia Solution- Nitric Acid-Caustic Soda etc).The Kuwait Investment Office who also owned Hays Chemicals bought Sadlers in 1980 and then sold it to management around 1989 who in turn sold it to BFL( British Fuels Ltd) around 1998 who at the same time were being bought by CPL (Coal Products) and then Stiller stepped in:roll: mindboggling at the time we didn’t know who the hell we were working for.And yes I remember the Land Rover accident.

Stanfield:
Hi George
You are right about the Hays logo being put on the Sadler vehicles but they only lasted about a couple of weeks because management were instructed to remove them by ICI or they would not be aloud into Billingham or Runcorn to load and carry their products due to the fact that at the time Hays were in competition with them on some of their products (Ammonia Solution- Nitric Acid-Caustic Soda etc).The Kuwait Investment Office who also owned Hays Chemicals bought Sadlers in 1980 and then sold it to management around 1989 who in turn sold it to BFL( British Fuels Ltd) around 1998 who at the same time were being bought by CPL (Coal Products) and then Stiller stepped in:roll: mindboggling at the time we didn’t know who the hell we were working for.And yes I remember the Land Rover accident.

Mindboggling it was John,i thought Stillers took Sadler’s over from the Bank :confused: :confused:

Hi Vic CPL still have the Sadler name registered at there head office in Wingerworth.I think they got involved with Stiller because chemical tanks were not their forte(could be wrong) they are more into solid fuels and petroleum thats why they purchased BFL who owned Sadler at the time as you most probably know.During the time they ran Sadler we never ever saw anyone from CPL they were just a name to us.