Still no luck

Not heard anything back from agency yet so gonna give em a call tomorrow. I visited a few hauliers this afternoon asked them about class 2 jobs and gave them a bit of my background story etc but they said sorry we haven’t any vacancies at the moment but they took my details. Some also said don’t worry too much about experience as we’d train you up if we had anything. I agree it’s better going in person as you get to see the yard, trucks and meet a few people and they see that your keen and willing. Gonna try some more tomorrow. Don’t really want to name firms though. Thanks again

Lockwood are looking for a class 2 driver/warehouse operative.

NickE92:
I

Wigo91:
Bliss bedding Ashbourne want class 2
East Midlands haulage want ripper drivers same as aggrecom as well. Both around 9.5 to 10.5 an hour.
Martyn Barratt was looking not sure if still are
Lockwoods were advertising as well

Martyn Barrat wages are dire. Crap job too.
East Midlands haulage is now owned by the same time as leedale. Also bear avoided.
Aggrecom are sound. I was there for a fortnight on sweepers. Only reason I left is that I found out I hate sweeping or id still be there. Owner is sound and doesn’t take the ■■■■. Tippers is 10 hour days 5 days a week. 6am to 4pm think it was around 10.50 an hour.

I was under impression that barratts was ok now. I knew emh had took a lot of Lee’s work but thought he wasn’t allowed anything to do with the trucks? Sweeping is a crap job I agree I lasted 18 months but I spent some time driving trucks for the company whose yard we were based in so wasn’t all bad

Wigo91:

NickE92:
I

Wigo91:
Bliss bedding Ashbourne want class 2
East Midlands haulage want ripper drivers same as aggrecom as well. Both around 9.5 to 10.5 an hour.
Martyn Barratt was looking not sure if still are
Lockwoods were advertising as well

Martyn Barrat wages are dire. Crap job too.
East Midlands haulage is now owned by the same time as leedale. Also bear avoided.
Aggrecom are sound. I was there for a fortnight on sweepers. Only reason I left is that I found out I hate sweeping or id still be there. Owner is sound and doesn’t take the ■■■■. Tippers is 10 hour days 5 days a week. 6am to 4pm think it was around 10.50 an hour.

I was under impression that barratts was ok now. I knew emh had took a lot of Lee’s work but thought he wasn’t allowed anything to do with the trucks? Sweeping is a crap job I agree I lasted 18 months but I spent some time driving trucks for the company whose yard we were based in so wasn’t all bad

Lee has his fingers in many many pies from what I’m lead to beleive mate. My understanding is he owns leedale, emh and a Tipper firm 8n Bedford.
Due to the o licence issues at leedale they’ve now stopped doing skips and have de liveried all the tippers.

If Idve got myself onto the tippers at aggrecom I’d still be there now. Great bunch of lads. You local to Ripley mate?

I’m from Belper pal. I know leedale had their o licence revoked and just have sweepers now and lee isn’t supposed to have anything to do with transport but in someone else name I guess there are other ways. smithy has put a couple of tippers on now at greenfleet there seems to be a few that have profited from leedales demise that’s for sure.

Wigo91:
I’m from Belper pal. I know leedale had their o licence revoked and just have sweepers now and lee isn’t supposed to have anything to do with transport but in someone else name I guess there are other ways. smithy has put a couple of tippers on now at greenfleet there seems to be a few that have profited from leedales demise that’s for sure.

Greenfleets Tupperware the 14 plate MANs if I remember rightly which funnily enough were repossessed from Leedale lol small world I’m unfortunately living in Ripley lol. Always wanted to get on to tippers but never have haha

Don’t wait for agencies.

There’s plenty of class 2 multidrop & other types of work available. I’m not saying that’s what you want to do, but, if it gets your foot through the door, & a step on the ladder to get experience that will take you further at some stage into a more preferable job, then it may be worth doing.

I’ve learned something today. You actually need a licence for tippers!? :stuck_out_tongue:

You need a certificate (formally know as an EPIC ) certificate to carry minerals mined from quarries but you don’t need a certificate or licence to drive tippers if you are carrying things like top soil or rubble.