Cant get insurance

Ive made some enquiries with a local company to drive some tippers for them on an ad-hoc basis but the broker has come back to the employer and told them that the insurers will not cover a “risk” who has not held the required licence for at least two years?

Seems a bit of a poor show considering I have passed the required tests yet obviously lack the experience?

Is this a common thing accross the industry?

Its been suggested that I try to find a driver training programme ? Seems a lot of hoops to jump through.

Hi TheEnforcer

You will see that from the many posts on here that it is common and new drivers do find it difficult to find work due to the insurers not covering unless the licence has been held for over two years

saying that there is people who will take newbies on you just have to find them your best bet is to sign on with an agency who find you work but a lot have to work the way up its all the luck of the draw , I have been trying to look for the ad hoc work and have found the same problem i finally went into an agency this morning and luckily i knew the girl who was signing me on and looks like i will get some work as she knows a place that will take cat c new drivers so sometimes its a case of right time right place dont get to disheartened just get a thick skin and a break will happen

good luck

Jen x

The insurance company that covers the drivers where i work at a skip company will not insure drivers unless they have at least 2 years operating a skip truck. Luckily ive been driving them for 7 years but i have heard that new drivers will have to go on a skip loader course before they can operate a skip truck.

Looks like my boss will struggle for drivers in time.

Archie

Jennie:
Hi TheEnforcer

You will see that from the many posts on here that it is common and new drivers do find it difficult to find work due to the insurers not covering unless the licence has been held for over two years

saying that there is people who will take newbies on you just have to find them your best bet is to sign on with an agency who find you work but a lot have to work the way up its all the luck of the draw , I have been trying to look for the ad hoc work and have found the same problem i finally went into an agency this morning and luckily i knew the girl who was signing me on and looks like i will get some work as she knows a place that will take cat c new drivers so sometimes its a case of right time right place dont get to disheartened just get a thick skin and a break will happen

good luck

Jen x

Think of the positives; experienced truckers like me don’t stand a snowballs chance of pulling a boss’s daughter. Whereas a newbies (being young) chances are dramatically improved. So go for the gal & you will probably get a shtonking truck given to you from a grateful Dad. Has Stobart any daughters? Do your research & come up with a plan.:smiley: