Splitter boxes and training

Rememer;“If you cant find it,grind it” :laughing:

Made a big goof today. Thought I was in my old motor and needed to drop half a gear to maintain speed up Windy Hill so down with the button, dip clutch, let clutch back in, rrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEE :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: [ZB] :exclamation: DIP CLUTCH QUICK :blush:

No splits on the Volvo 8 speed box, and that was the range change I was flicking. 8th into 4th at 50mph isn’t recommended :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Rescued it in time before the engine and gearbox got too excited and catapaulted me throw the front screen fortunately :laughing:

Rob K:
Made a big goof today. Thought I was in my old motor and needed to drop half a gear to maintain speed up Windy Hill so down with the button, dip clutch, let clutch back in, rrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEE :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: [ZB] :exclamation: DIP CLUTCH QUICK :blush:

Nice one !!! Done ot loads of times myself !

It’s those three over three things that get me.

Those three over three things, Alan, are probably the Eaton Twin splitter thingies :open_mouth: . See the posts above. Like everyone else, the first few times I drove one it was (er) interesting. Once you get to know them, they are a fantastic box.