Speed limits on a66

paul@midway:
So whats the point of starting the topic then , were you dropped at birth ?

:laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Well I can’t make any sense of any of it but if he was exceeding the speed limit then he’s likely to get a NIP, some reward points and have his pocket lightened. :laughing:

I got done on the A66 on Jan 26th 2003,at the point where the last section of dual cabbageway ends,coming form Penrith end,near Barnard Castle.

I was doing 53mph,and was actually slowing down,in readiness for the long single cabbageway section from there,to Scotch Corner.

The (zb) was sitting on the other side of the road,on a concrete patch,and he did me for being 3mph over the limit,on a section of road where I was legally entitled to do 50mph.

3 points and £60 seemed a bit harsh,and perhaps I could have fought it,due to the small amount in question,but you can guess the Police would have won anyway.

Ken.

just a small language edit :wink: mm

Quinny:
I got done on the A66 on Jan 26th 2003,at the point where the last section of dual cabbageway ends,coming form Penrith end,near Barnard Castle.

I was doing 53mph,and was actually slowing down,in readiness for the long single cabbageway section from there,to Scotch Corner.

The (zb) was sitting on the other side of the road,on a concrete patch,and he did me for being 3mph over the limit,on a section of road where I was legally entitled to do 50mph.

3 points and £60 seemed a bit harsh,and perhaps I could have fought it,due to the small amount in question,but you can guess the Police would have won anyway.

Ken.

Quinny did he do you on the spot i.e. follow you and stop you or did you get the NIP in the post?

editing the quote see above mm

I got the NIP,via work.

Ken.

repton:

paul b:

LIFESABITCH:
NO he says that the road is 40 usually but temporary 40 signs are in place and he thinks they are doing him for 49 IN a 30 because he thinks where the speed limit is reduced to 40 from 60 then the hgv limit is 30 …I think :unamused: :unamused:

surely he means they’re doing him for 39 and is assumiing it’s a reduced speed limit for the roadworks, wich it isn’t. if he were doing 49 he’d have got done weather the roadworks were there or not!

Either that or he thinks they’re doing him for “49 in a 30” when in fact they’re doing him for “49 in a 40” although in practice I can’t see what difference that would make anyway, either way it would surely be a fine and 3 points…

Paul

So maybe he’s thinking the NIP is (technically) wrong and he should get off it that way i.e the mistake is saying he was in a 30 zone when actually he was in a 40 zone??!!

All he has to do is go to court and say “M’lud, it wasn’t a 30 zone I was doing 49 in, but a 40 zone that I was doing 49 in!!” To which the judge will say “Thankyou very much for that addmission of speeding by at least 9 mph. Here’s some points and fine!!”

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

And still less confusing than the original post!!! :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

HEs GUILTY MLORD :unamused:

P.S. if he cant do the time......................dont do the crime

I think you are all wrong.

What happened was (and anyone who has seen Jethro will know just how to say that phrase) the road in question was in fact the A66 between Vieillevigne and Pamiers in France and so the speed limit, which was 60 km was read on a UK speedo at 40 but 49 would have been Ok if it had been in Kilometers because a temporary limit was in place for the seasonal crossing of small, crippled, amphibians on their way to a new age mating ritual (which also explains the existance of the camera car which was their filming their journey) was 30 which, of course, is 50 kilometers per hour so 49 is fine :smiley: So that’s all Ok then. Err… isn’t it?

However the great question that still remains is: If it takes an man a week to walk a fortnight, how many apples in a bunch of grapes?

My head hurts now :cry:

David Miller:
I think you are all wrong.

What happened was (and anyone who has seen Jethro will know just how to say that phrase) the road in question was in fact the A66 between Vieillevigne and Pamiers in France and so the speed limit, which was 60 km was read on a UK speedo at 40 but 49 would have been Ok if it had been in Kilometers because a temporary limit was in place for the seasonal crossing of small, crippled, amphibians on their way to a new age mating ritual (which also explains the existance of the camera car which was their filming their journey) was 30 which, of course, is 50 kilometers per hour so 49 is fine :smiley: So that’s all Ok then. Err… isn’t it?

However the great question that still remains is: If it takes an man a week to walk a fortnight, how many apples in a bunch of grapes?

My head hurts now :cry:

Glass or two of vino with lunch was it? :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Glass or two of vino with lunch was it?

Well just one or two - only to be sociable you understand :blush:

David Miller:

Glass or two of vino with lunch was it?

Well just one or two - only to be sociable you understand :blush:

Of course. :wink:

LIFESABITCH:
Maybe you would like the dumbass to come and let you educate him…not far away my friend :smiling_imp:

Cool. I could find out who he is and forward my concerns to the Traffic Commissioner who could then hold their own enquiry into his standards.