spanish dodges.............

Meanwhile, all the Spanish Dodges I know concern knowledge of those rat-runs across the Pyrenees to keep one step ahead of the French blockades: successful at the time but now probably hopelessly out of date!! Robert :sunglasses:

Did Truck Magazine or Commercial Motor ever do a road test on these

archive.commercialmotor.com/arti … -gcw-artic

The Boys Own:
Did Truck Magazine or Commercial Motor ever do a road test on these

One appeared in a Euro Test.

Sent from my SM-T805W using Tapatalk

Hiya,

Saw this one at the Dorset steam fair.

Cheers, Patrick

20160827_160644.jpg

Barreiros BS16 engine currently on a well known auction site.

B16 8.jpg

B16 7.jpg

B16 6.jpg

B16 5.jpg

B16 4.jpg

B16 3.jpg

B16 2.jpg

B16 1.jpg

There were a few in the Pickfords fleet, don’t know how many though…
Didn’t think it was a suitable wagon for doing heavy haulage, but it proved otherwise…? :unamused:

Cheers, Patrick

the yellow wrecker in harrys photos is still about in dorset on the rally scene, as seen here being recovered at the beulieu bash by steve butler of Wimborne, and is owned by john foster

Just come across this video of a last-of-the-line Barreiros, with the Berliet cab:

has anyone got any pictures of any of these regardless of who they were owned by? my mates dad loves them so i was hoping to build a selection of pictures to show him!!

any would be great!!

Barreiros

images.google.co.uk/images?um=1& … rch+Images

Not a bad old lorry really, a bit underrated think myself. I ran one from brand new in the 70’s . Ended up selling it to the driver who used it to pull for Hills of Botley, Hants. The driver lived at Bishops Waltham and was called Jock Marshall. If anyone knows him then he may have some photos 'cause he absolutely loved the old beast. Myself , I never did photos. I didn’t really like lorries that much, to me they were just there to do a job. Now is a different story and I wished I had taken camera with me to record things to share with others. I’m afraid all I have is in-house memories to relate.

What a mine of information you are ■■■. Sorry TIR. I hope that when I’m as old as you I know half as much :smiley: :smiley:

What do you mean Charlie ? You know half as much already !!!

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm 'cause I can do silent…

I thought the title was about using Pesetas in a uk phone box :stuck_out_tongue:

Here’s a few Euromat :slight_smile:

charlie one The older we get the better we were… :laughing:

cheers lemonmouth, im sure this guy must have had one/driven one many years ago, im on a stealth mission to find out…

great pictures, got any more?