South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

Glyn John Seddon Atkinson.

seddon wales glyn john ppg.PNG

Smallcoal
Hi John
The Leyland Comet outside the Last Chance belonged to Glyn Day from Bridgend .
He did a lot of work for Christie Tyler iirc. I stopped there myself back in the day.
Cheers, Allan

Mrsteel:
Smallcoal
Hi John
The Leyland Comet outside the Last Chance belonged to Glyn Day from Bridgend .
He did a lot of work for Christie Tyler iirc. I stopped there myself back in the day.
Cheers, Allan

Hi Allan,thanks for confirming that I was wondering who they were ,did you see the shunters pic I put up right headers they were ,who was you driving for back in that day cheers john

pete 359:

steelboyf10:
Hi Andrew, Magnum looks to be coming on, not that we would expect anything less :smiley:
Look forward to seeing progressā€¦mine is still in the paint shop :open_mouth: , bit to do when it comes out
SBF10

Hi Paul/Graham,
Thanks very much for those kind words.Lets hope to be at some events in 2021ā€¦

Lancaster Services, On a Sunday afternoon it would become the distribution centre for Christie Tyler and other furniture drivers heading north of the border, we would all tip out and share amongst each other so that we wouldnā€™t be following each other around Scotland, especially Aberdeen, Inverness, Elgin, Peterhead etcā€¦ meet up in Leigh on a Tuesday night to swap all the paperwork back before heading for home Wednesday and turn around back north! Probably saved a shed load of fuel between us all!

pete 359:

steelboyf10:
Hi Andrew, Magnum looks to be coming on, not that we would expect anything less :smiley:
Look forward to seeing progressā€¦mine is still in the paint shop :open_mouth: , bit to do when it comes out
SBF10

Hi Paul/Graham,
Thanks very much for those kind words.Lets hope to be at some events in 2021ā€¦

Lancaster Services, On a Sunday afternoon it would become the distribution centre for Christie Tyler and other furniture drivers heading north of the border, we would all tip out and share amongst each other so that we wouldnā€™t be following each other around Scotland, especially Aberdeen, Inverness, Elgin, Peterhead etcā€¦ meet up in Leigh on a Tuesday night to swap all the paperwork back before heading for home Wednesday and turn around back north! Probably saved a shed load of fuel between us all!

Smallcoal
John,
That was a long time ago, could well have been D.M Edwards of Pontycylun. As you know iā€™ve had a few jobs over the years.
Cheers, Allan

Taken up in cullimores today ,complete rebuild by the owner Mike ,two steel pipes on the back really throaty sound the chassis is a tractor unit which he used he builds trucks from scratch he got scania parts if anyone interested (rowly) :laughing: :laughing: :smiley: I got his number so pm me I will give it to you

Hi smallcoal I PM you donā€™t know if you got in crap at message sending thanks regards rowly

Hi all,
Everything you see in these pictures,went for scrap,earlier today.The land has been sold for housingā€¦

3929708D-5099-4551-9EFA-3882A71281B7.jpg

11481255-2A58-46BC-A74D-D5BFD95D692C.jpg

C2361424-E7D8-4878-87E3-A734D999D0B6.jpg

A7E17704-BAFD-4E77-A87A-E788C5EF066E.jpg

B5EB0CAC-BC8B-4F4E-A543-1248F8F59F61.jpg

B6A24879-BA85-496D-9CCB-44610EA4E223.jpg

4E386BD7-AE3A-4E6A-8948-7D7423E87EF0.jpg

Hi rowly mate have sent you a pm

Hi Andrew,is the garage still there or has he sold the lot for development

Hi all,
Some lovely old photos here.Starting with The B.S.C. Orb Line up from many years agoā€¦

267490A0-AD59-45B2-8400-EA9948BAFE60.jpeg

0D18E86C-75F8-411D-AEFA-96EFE028D967.jpeg

All credit to Richard Says for the photos on the Donny Bypass.
Oily

Wales Richard 49963428146_fee09debec_k.jpg

Wales Richard 50084914167_6fcc556331_k.jpg

Iā€™ve been at Pontlliw today next to Walters Shame I didnā€™t have time to go have a nosey although I thought I spotted a blue ERF artic going in pulling a red scrap tipper ?

oiltreader:
All credit to Richard Says for the photos on the Donny Bypass.
Oily

Hi Oily,
Thanks for sharing those pictures.
Regards Andrew.

Punchy Dan:
Iā€™ve been at Pontlliw today next to Walters Shame I didnā€™t have time to go have a nosey although I thought I spotted a blue ERF artic going in pulling a red scrap tipper ?

Hi Dan,
That blue Olympic you saw is owned by A.J.T. Recycling,they are clearing the site.525 in her,I think? Below is the Philippines version of Pontlliwā€¦

C51C9D9F-0A7F-4085-A064-B6F8464B2F09.jpeg

Hi all,
Some more South Wales motors.

45A8DC1D-E585-41BA-9B76-2E2FE76F44A0.jpg

pete 359:

Punchy Dan:

Hi Dan,
That blue Olympic you saw is owned by A.J.T. Recycling,they are clearing the site.525 in her,I think? Below is the Philippines version of Pontlliwā€¦

Rush Green here we come :smiley: Lets get to the PHILIPINESE :laughing: :laughing:

pete 359:

Punchy Dan:

Hi Dan,

Hi Andrew it did sound a bit deep :sunglasses: but you never know it could of been a noisy L10 so a waste of a good photo :laughing: if Iā€™d have known it was PROPER Iā€™d definitely had gone round :wink: ,why are they clearing out ? Looks like I was too late then :cry: cheers Dan .

Punchy Dan:

pete 359:

Punchy Dan:

Hi Dan,

Hi Andrew it did sound a bit deep :sunglasses: but you never know it could of been a noisy L10 so a waste of a good photo :laughing: if Iā€™d have known it was PROPER Iā€™d definitely had gone round :wink: ,why are they clearing out ? Looks like I was too late then :cry: cheers Dan .

Hi Dan,
Checked earlier with the owners son,it is a 525.Afaiaa,the whole site is to be cleared.This beautiful piece of South Wales haulage nostalgia was found thereā€¦

72E4215B-977A-4FE7-9B2A-E28DB283B463.jpeg