South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

oiltreader:
A couple all credit to Richard Says for the photos.
Oily

Hi all,
Thank you Oily.Really good of you to share these photos.
Big thanks to member,Bookworm.Mike kindly called me earlier this week to pass on the sad news that Stan “The Stroke” Morris had passed away,aged 91.Stan worked for Joint Motorways when they bought out Will.Hall Transport From Heol-Y-Cyw In 1968.I knew Stan all my life,He worked incredibly hard and for many years was in charge of the Joint Motorways shunters and their loading in The Abbey.Which given the colourful nature of some of the Abbey shunters meant that there was never a dull moment.Everyone in the job,in our area knew and liked Stan.After retirement from Joint in 1994,He took up wood carving and used to show me some of his creations.Stans funeral is 19/11/20 @ 13.00 at The Gospel Hall Lias Road Porthcawl,The burial is 13.45-14.00 at Porthcawl cemetery.Current Covid numbers restrictions do apply.R.I.P. Stan,I will never forget how you and your old mate Billy Hathaway R.I.P. once loaded 14 Halewoods each and then went and tipped two of them…
Regards Andrew.

Hi all,
Here’s Dai Hawkins’ AEC Mammoth Major and Tony Morgan’s beautiful Kenworth…

Hi all,met the legend punchy Dan today he was loading out of formation furniture which has gone bust on Bridgend ind est I called in to have a chat he was showing his skills at roping and sheeting his van was there as well

22850E12-D2A4-4815-9165-43409D76D9C7.jpeg

54009E67-DF21-451E-82C3-99F20FCB36DB.jpeg

A8CA063E-C9B6-40ED-A188-0C1772DF89AE.jpeg

6218E7A3-BDDC-4ADF-A9D5-FCDAD76436BF.jpeg

pete 359:

oiltreader:
A couple all credit to Richard Says for the photos.
Oily

Hi all,
Thank you Oily.Really good of you to share these photos.
Big thanks to member,Bookworm.Mike kindly called me earlier this week to pass on the sad news that Stan “The Stroke” Morris had passed away,aged 91.Stan worked for Joint Motorways when they bought out Will.Hall Transport From Heol-Y-Cyw In 1968.I knew Stan all my life,He worked incredibly hard and for many years was in charge of the Joint Motorways shunters and their loading in The Abbey.Which given the colourful nature of some of the Abbey shunters meant that there was never a dull moment.Everyone in the job,in our area knew and liked Stan.After retirement from Joint in 1994,He took up wood carving and used to show me some of his creations.Stans funeral is 19/11/20 @ 13.00 at The Gospel Hall Lias Road Porthcawl,The burial is 13.45-14.00 at Porthcawl cemetery.Current Covid numbers restrictions do apply.R.I.P. Stan,I will never forget how you and your old mate Billy Hathaway R.I.P. once loaded 14 Halewoods each and then went and tipped two of them…
Regards Andrew.

Thanks for the txt the other day ,you summed it up in one with the abbey ,a good bloke who knew his stuff ,rip Stan no arguments with uncle norman up in the trailer park in the sky

Hi all,
Some black and white South Wales images here…

F2D43217-C027-4D0D-A70B-E40B84907215.jpeg

Hi all,
A few more here:

1. A pair of Stadium Plant from Skewen.
  2. A MACK from Walls Recovery at Tredegar Park.
  3. A Ralph Jones Transport FL,along way from South Cornelly.
  4. A Leyland DAF 80 series wrecker owned by Krislyn Motors Gowerton.

Hi all. Well Andrew, I read the Le Grande Mack article but was disappointed to see little detail given to your tractor. The main story being about Mack’s V8.
Once you have it finished, would it be possible to get photos of the project as it progressed.
Thanks Paul.

Paul John:
Hi all. Well Andrew, I read the Le Grande Mack article but was disappointed to see little detail given to your tractor. The main story being about Mack’s V8.
Once you have it finished, would it be possible to get photos of the project as it progressed.
Thanks Paul.

Hi Paul,
Tbh I did question why they sent people along,to do the article,so soon ? Heavily stripped and in grey 2K primer,there wasn’t really too much to look at imo.Though I’m told they plan a follow up article,once the restoration is finished.I have hundreds of images of every stage.Here are a couple of recent ones…

74D5EF10-937D-464B-9E52-6B14272A5D11.jpeg

Hi all,
A few here of WYNNS,for a change? And from Gwynne Bowen,ATX 1J, reputed to be the first 240 Gardener powered Foden unit?

Hi Andrew. Thanks for posting photos of the Magnum in progress. The red chassis is going to stand out a treat.
I can’t imagine the amount of work you put into your projects. You do excellent work.
Regards Paul

Hi Andrew, Magnum looks to be coming on, not that we would expect anything less :smiley:
Look forward to seeing progress…mine is still in the paint shop :open_mouth: , bit to do when it comes out
SBF10

steelboyf10:
Hi Andrew, Magnum looks to be coming on, not that we would expect anything less :smiley:
Look forward to seeing progress…mine is still in the paint shop :open_mouth: , bit to do when it comes out
SBF10

Hi Paul/Graham,
Thanks very much for those kind words.Lets hope to be at some events in 2021…

I wonder what services this is :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Just found this on baglan fb some shunters from the abbey ,martin and dicky,the one in denim is shakey,one in the back is Kevin carsley

Lance Biscomb:

I think it is lancaster

Clive…

Lance Biscomb:

Good morning M8,
There was a restaurant up there,when I was a kid.When are we on the lash again?,last time I was in a pub,was with you and Parky,in March!
Regards Andrew.

pete 359:

Lance Biscomb:

Good morning M8,
There was a restaurant up there,when I was a kid.When are we on the lash again?,last time I was in a pub,was with you and Parky,in March!
Regards Andrew.

Apparently they shut the restaurant as there was asbestos present in the building,
The Magnum is coming along nicely Andrew, lets hope you will have a few shows to take it to next year, Cheer’s Pete

Hi Andrew, bit before your time but a stop for many a South Wales driver between home and London, on the old A40, the Last Chance at Wheatley, also the Windrush a bit more popular and The Tower at Stokenchurch.
Oily

oiltreader:
Hi Andrew, bit before your time but a stop for many a South Wales driver between home and London, on the old A40, the Last Chance at Wheatley, also the Windrush at Witney a bit more popular and The Tower at Stokenchurch when on the A40 through Oxfordshire.
Oily

Noticed the furniture truck days of Bridgend nice old pic of days long gone

Double post :blush: