Brittish Road Services Bolton Depot

Hi im looking for information on drivers who worked at BRS Kay St, Bolton in the late 60’s around 1968/69.
Also if any one has pictures of the trucks that operated out of kay st at that time?

Trying to find information about my father who was killed in an accident in 1969 driving for BRS Bolton. (Wilfred “Wilf” Boardman) Think it was around Oxford.

Thanks
Andrew Boardman

Hi Andrew,
There is a BRS thread on this forum,it has dropped off the 1st page of threads,but I’m sure some of the ex BRS drivers will answer your question,regarding your late Dads tragic accident.viewtopic.php?f=35&t=32044
Cheers Dave.

Thanks Dave for you help

Regards
Andrew Boardman

boardy77:
Thanks Dave for you help

Regards
Andrew Boardman

No problem Andrew,none of the regular ex BRS drivers appear to be online tonight,but they will be on again fairly soon.
Cheers Dave.

Dave the Renegade:

boardy77:
Thanks Dave for you help

Regards
Andrew Boardman

No problem Andrew,none of the regular ex BRS drivers appear to be online tonight,but they will be on again fairly soon.
Cheers Dave.

:laughing:
They are all on dodgy nights out Dave.

Hi Andrew .My Dad was a driver at the BRS Depot in Kay Street Bolton (Now B&Q) but more like the mid 1970s .My uncle Neil Wright was the chief engineer and about 15 years ago i contacted him for some photos as my Dad had died a few years prior however i got no response which is a shame ,I spent many good times in that yard sitting in various wagons waiting for the old man to come out of the office these being Scammell Crusaders /Guys/ Seddons / They even had a Scammell Constructor as a breakdown Truck .When i left school and entered the Construction Trade i Returned back to the Depot to build an Extension to the Workshop and still didn’t take any photos (Due to Age or thinking they would be there forever ) which i must say even after 30 years i am still cheesed about it ! Anyway the reason for this tale is that i also have over the years looked out for photos and information on this Depot but its like it never existed .so good luck with your search and if i also pick anything up i will pass on . Kind Regards Mike.

hiya,
Not from the Kay St depot but a next door neighbour Blackburn BRS depot, and did get into Bolton depot on the odd occasion but this was in the mid 60s, lots of Leylands and AECs in those days, still a few drawbar outfits knocking about then knew lots of drivers from there in those days but for the life in me can’t remember one name now so my friend i’m as much use to you as a chocolate fireguard sorry.
thanks harry long retired.