South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

Mordav Coal Atkinson from Dyfed. (Adrian Cypher photo.)

wales mordav.PNG.jpg

DEANB:
Mordav Coal Atkinson from Dyfed. (Adrian Cypher photo.)

Hi Dean,
Thanks for the Adrian Cypher Mordav photo,Ade took some brilliant photos from that spot over the years.Here is a JCY registered AEC delivering another load of welsh tinplate to Vauxhallā€™s at Luton,courtesy of the legend that is,Peter Daviesā€¦

Mr cooper thereā€™s something obout f89s donā€™t you think :regards Rowley,

rward:
Mr cooper thereā€™s something obout f89s donā€™t you think :regards Rowley

Good afternoon Rowly,
Totally agree,one of,if not THE most iconic truck ever built,by swedenā€™s premier truck manufacturing brand,VOLVOā€¦
Regards Andrew.

Just stumbled across this on Flickr (ā€œAtkinsonā€ was mis-spelled!):

319611_121838714581369_3063212_n by David Harrison, on Flickr

The caption reads:

YWN 905J, ATINSON 180 Gardner 4X2 Artic, D.AUSTIN JONES OF Crofty, The Gower

I think this is a Jensen truck of Tri-ang toys who i believe had a factory in South Wales.

DEANB:
I think this is a Jensen truck of Tri-ang toys who i believe had a factory in South Wales.

Hi ā€œDEANBā€ itā€™s a Merthyr Tydfil Reg donā€™t know but someone will were in Swansea changed to corgi ? . Now in China Iā€™m not sure .

Triang trucks loading up also wynns photo

image.jpeg

I worked for triang46 years ago although airplane hanger full of toys loading lorries I caught the manager taking ā– ā– ā– ā–  coz I worked so hard that was it fiddle time now every one was at it in Merthyr Tydfil when they got caughtevan local coppers and judge involved bloody mayhem my old man had 18 m0nths teaching for harassing I good write some stories about that place regards rowly ps I had 2 years suspended

rward:
I worked for triang46 years ago although airplane hanger full of toys loading lorries I caught the manager taking ā– ā– ā– ā–  coz I worked so hard that was it fiddle time now every one was at it in Merthyr Tydfil when they got caughtevan local coppers and judge involved bloody mayhem my old man had 18 m0nths teaching for harassing I good write some stories about that place regards rowly ps I had 2 years suspended

Hi Rowly,
We were recently talking about iconic trucks,do you recall this one? From Risca.Cant say I doā€¦

rward:

Hi rowly have kept my eyes open for a air con havenā€™t seen one transcon anywhere do see volvos ,there used to be a bloke lived by the 465 at govilon he used to have a transcon parked in his drive donā€™t know what heā€™s done with it now cheers John

rward:

Classic, well I guess thereā€™s no careful in Caerphilly! Couldnā€™t resist that one, sorry! Caerphilly boys hey!

Paul

Quality a bit iffy but very old magazine.

Valley Carriers from 1966.

wales valley  66 psw.PNG

pete 359:

rward:

Hi Rowly,
We were recently talking about iconic trucks,do you recall this one? From Risca.Cant say I doā€¦

Hi Andrew
This transcont replaced a 4x2 Scammell Crusader day cab and was itself replaced by a 4x2 Seddon Atkinson. Colours were red and white They were based in Risca carrying out plant hire and lowloader work , the yard was in the path of the Risca bypass and subsequently moved to one of the old council yards in Risca to enable the bypass to be built. This photo was taken at the top of Brookland road in Risca. The railway is on the drivers side on top of the banking behind the newly placed fence posts and to the left of that was the site of Rom River. Behind the Transcont was railway embankments which had a line into the steelworks and Birds scrap processing the embankments were removed as can been seen in the picture and a road now leads to and past the site of Risca and Pontymister Railway station. Last time I saw this transcont was on Penarth road Cardiff in a dealers for sale along time ago.
regards

Tony

Yes I do remember the transcon from fiscal heavies but I know nothing about them regards rowly

I ment fiscal heavies sorry regards rowly

Hi all,
A couple of J.R.ā€™s here,first is Courtesy of Colin Knapp and the second black and white image,I think weā€™ve seen previously? I found that onlineā€¦

3EC4D9DA-D1B2-4B31-BF91-62B36685FCE4.jpeg

41C6E5E4-3A72-4B55-9382-A200440D688F.jpeg

Hi all,
Courtesy of Pete Smith,a C.J.Williams Magirus Deutz From Chepstow.Thanks for the pm mate.

32EFA3A1-2066-4E44-8B59-6CA89A0F3C6D.jpeg

Hi all,
Half a dozen here,courtesy of Chris Richards.Cardiff Transport and a Ken Jones seen at Magor and also two of R.G.Milesā€™ā€¦

Morning Andrew,
Cracking photoā€™s from Chris mate, canā€™t compete with those!
One of P M Rees, N.M.P, I remember Reeā€™s coming into to EMR (Coopers) at Smethwick for the tin can bales for Port Talbot, it was once a Joints backload, probably 10 a day in there at one time, Cheerā€™s Pete