South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

Some more truck show

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Gotta love it haven’t you, weeks of nothing but sunshine, blue skies and heatwave and then the day of the Porthcawl show, it absolutely ■■■■■■ it down with rain all day…

Was thinking of popping along this year but tbh I forgot it was on.

Reef:
Gotta love it haven’t you, weeks of nothing but sunshine, blue skies and heatwave and then the day of the Porthcawl show, it absolutely ■■■■■■ it down with rain all day…

Hi reef ,a good turn out was had even though it rained it didn’t put people off ,if it wasn’t for Darren,Andrew and all the drivers we wouldn’t have events like this ,Andrew and some others came up with idea 4 years ago done it in 3 weeks notice had a good few turn up and it has grown every year and the money raised is for charity so a big thanks goes to all ,it’s held over the weekend which is good so next year should be even bigger :smiley: :smiley: John

Heres one for you chaps ! :wink:

Click on pages twice to read.

smallcoal:

Reef:

Hi reef ,a good turn out was had even though it rained it didn’t put people off ,if it wasn’t for Darren,Andrew and all the drivers we wouldn’t have events like this ,Andrew and some others came up with idea 4 years ago done it in 3 weeks notice had a good few turn up and it has grown every year and the money raised is for charity so a big thanks goes to all ,it’s held over the weekend which is good so next year should be even bigger :smiley: :smiley: John

Hi all. John, glad to hear it was a good turn out despite the weather. Nice shot of Dai Echo’s Scania and young Dai’s Renault. Did Rowly have a motor or two there?

Paul

Paul John:

smallcoal:

Reef:

Hi all. John, glad to hear it was a good turn out despite the weather. Nice shot of Dai Echo’s Scania and young Dai’s Renault. Did Rowly have a motor or two there?

Paul

Hi Paul no he didn’t have any of his trucks there dai only had two there I thought he would have put the catnic scania as well cheers John

Bit off topic,but a bit about the Severn Bridge.

(Click on twice to read)

DEANB:
Bit off topic,but a bit about the Severn Bridge.

(Click on twice to read)

Hi Dean,
Thanks very much for sharing the seven bridge article.Its amazing how traffic volumes have increased over the years.These days there are plenty of times that both bridges can’t cope,especially if there’s a big event on in Cardiff.

EFE762D2-9550-43F2-85FB-62E89742C36E.jpeg

I spied this rare day cab FH in Bridgend recently.

I thought it was an intresting article Andrew.

Click on page for better view.

Nice pic of a Blueline Atkinson. :smiley:

Advert for J & P Bevan who supplied it.

DEANB:
I thought it was an intresting article Andrew.

Click on page for better view.

Nice pic of a Blueline Atkinson. :smiley:

Advert for J & P Bevan who supplied it.

I remember my dad having one on blue line if I remember right I don’t think like it much

Hi all,
Thank you Dean for kindly sharing more South Wales transport history.I found this shot earlier today,on an ASTRAN forum on Facebook.Two of J&M are in the background, In the days of German transit permits being scarce,Theyve caught “The Rattler” From Cologne to Munich.Id say that’s the late Sid Evans in STG 993M pulling a Rentco tilt and behind is Bob Pearce in ODW 118R with a J&M tilt.

C186F80F-768D-4095-A55A-F18995BA5665.jpeg

N.M.P

Hi all,
Around 50 years difference between these two,Porthcawl carnival images.I can be seen in the left hand side of both cabs…

pete smith:
N.M.P

Brilliant motors I had d75 ngn never let me down them ct wagons never give up

image.jpeg

Glyn S John.

Click on page once.

DEANB:
Glyn S John.

Click on page once.

Hi Dean,
I wasn’t wasn’t even aware that Glyn S.John were running back then! Thanks very much.I found this AEC cattle truck photo on Facebook,looks to me like W.Speak from Llanybydder on the cab door of a 1950’s? Mammoth Major?

5F83A1E3-1F24-44F8-84F1-C484A2DD52B0.jpeg

pete 359:

DEANB:
Glyn S John.

Click on page once.

Hi Dean,
I wasn’t wasn’t even aware that Glyn S.John were running back then! Thanks very much.I found this AEC cattle truck photo on Facebook,looks to me like W.Speak from Llanybydder on the cab door of a 1950’s? Mammoth Major?

The Glyn S John pic was from 1965 chap ! :wink:

pete 359:
Hi all,
Around 50 years difference between these two,Porthcawl carnival images.I can be seen in the left hand side of both cabs…

Hi all, Andrew great photo’s there. It was always a good day helping with the carnivals.

Paul

Paul John:

pete 359:
Hi all,

Hi all, Andrew great photo’s there. It was always a good day helping with the carnivals.

Paul

Hi Paul,
Thanks for that mate.Here is an F89 from Welsh International.Possibly one of the last motors that they ran? Below that image,is my old mate Alun Griffiths’ ex Welsh International F89…