South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

Here courtesy of Bryndon Evans,a shot of his father standing by an ergomatic owned by John Jones of Llanmorlais…,

pete 359:
Here courtesy of Bryndon Evans,a shot of his father standing by an ergomatic owned by John Jones of Llanmorlais…,

Thats a cracking photo Pete, Keep them rolling, Rgards Larry.

Hi Allen,
Thanks,I thought you might know mate.Do you still attend Abergavenny steam fair mate? I’ve not been for a few years.
Regards Andrew
[/quote]
Yes, still do Abergavenny. Just come back from Welland. Been a member of the Ross on Wye Steam Club for 30 years.

Regards

Alyn

abtfinman:
Hi Allen,
Thanks,I thought you might know mate.Do you still attend Abergavenny steam fair mate? I’ve not been for a few years.
Regards Andrew

Yes, still do Abergavenny. Just come back from Welland. Been a member of the Ross on Wye Steam Club for 30 years.

Regards

Alyn
[/quote]
Here is a picture of the foden resprayed at Swansea depot when they were near the railway station and a ford box van of leo,s household furniture.
Dai

IMG_5003 (1).JPG

Dave the Renegade:
Does anyone remember the south wales hauliers, such as Entress, Morfa Transport, Blue Line, Slver Roadways etc
This thread is now in the capable hands of pete 359 ( Andrew ) ex Joint Motorways driver.

Hiya Dave just having a look on Trucknet I have not been on for a long time and i am remembering my days as a Driver. I Worked for Myatts Transport Barnsley Sth Yorks used do a lot of South Wales. The names on long lost Hauliers brings back memories of return loads we never can back empty looking down the list I remember seeing all of them but one firm we had few loads of was T.J.E Price from Wentloog Rd Cardiff A couple of us owd drivers have a pint and use some diesel in the pub Good luck pal.

Ray Leggy:

Dave the Renegade:
Does anyone remember the south wales hauliers, such as Entress, Morfa Transport, Blue Line, Slver Roadways etc
This thread is now in the capable hands of pete 359 ( Andrew ) ex Joint Motorways driver.

Hiya Dave just having a look on Trucknet I have not been on for a long time and i am remembering my days as a Driver. I Worked for Myatts Transport Barnsley Sth Yorks used do a lot of South Wales. The names on long lost Hauliers brings back memories of return loads we never can back empty looking down the list I remember seeing all of them but one firm we had few loads of was T.J.E Price from Wentloog Rd Cardiff A couple of us owd drivers have a pint and use some diesel in the pub Good luck pal.

Hi Ray,Dave passed away not so long ago Andrew took this thread over ,Dave was well liked mate just thought you want to know cheers John

smallcoal:
Hi Ray,Dave passed away not so long ago

Surprisingly it’s been just over two years now, not correcting you John I was just surprised when I checked that’s all.

At a guess a total of around 750hp on tap between all 3 motors?

Reef:

smallcoal:
Hi Ray,Dave passed away not so long ago

Surprisingly it’s been just over two years now, not correcting you John I was just surprised when I checked that’s all.

Good god that long only seemed like the other day a good bloke was Dave rip mate ,thanks for that

scania81:

abtfinman:
Hi Allen,
Regards Andrew

Regards

Alyn

Here is a picture of the foden resprayed at Swansea depot when they were near the railway station and a ford box van of leo,s household furniture.
Dai
[/quote]
Thanks for that.I wondered what happened to them. Not my favourite motor by a long way.

Scania R580 - E W Thomas Transport - (S80EWT):

Illtyd Thomas ERF.

Hi all,
Just returned from a great weekend at Hereford Truck Show.Twelve months after Kelvin Powell passed away,his dying wishes of what he wanted to happen with his ERF have come to fruition.Our good friend Stuart Payne from Cardiff now owns her and has made a great job of restoring this truck.

Hi all,
Courtesy of retired haulier,■■■■ Westcott from Porthcawl.A couple of Westland Coal lorries.There was a lot of coal moved by road around South Wales in those days…

Andrew King’s Merc was a regular sight on the coal…

Morning Andrew,
I think Ryan’s had a place at the top of Thorns road Quarry Bank, near where the Merryhill Centre is now,
Another couple of Wynns for you, the bottom pic is on the A449 by the Merc garage in Wolverhampton, Cheer’s Pete

Spencer Chilcott and Bill James[rip] finishing off a load of finished goods at hanger 2 llandow.
The F86 was ex Harris Economy [PAE 69P] and i done a few trips in it driven by Brian[Batty] Towell before he went on Rockwool.
Dixcel was the B.Tissues brand and there are no shrink wrap around the boxes.
Dai

Hi all,
I saw this picture on Facebook.Aosta Italy many years ago and the pair of red F88’s that are parked together are pulling tilts with W.I.T.S. written on them.Welsh International Transport Services of Cardiff…

That’s a great pic - I wonder who drew the short straw and took the A series ERF to Italy?

Some pics from porthcawl truck show

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg