South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

Hi Andrew, I see local to you Prichards have packed up, and had an auction on site…saw this gem in the auction, a brand new ERF…not sure what you would do with it…I knew a bloke who would ! kelv.

carimage.jpg

p

carimage (1).jpg

Bought in 2001

carimage (2).jpg

steelboyf10:
Hi Andrew, I see local to you Prichards have packed up, and had an auction on site…saw this gem in the auction, a brand new ERF…not sure what you would do with it…I knew a bloke who would ! kelv.

If it hasn’t been registered ? Then it could be the only 68 plt ERF around then get it working

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

steelboyf10:

Tbh Steelboy,
your probably nearer to me than Pritchard’s m8!That ERF is going to be very difficult to register now,no brand support for build information and compliance documents,not a euro 6 compliant vehicle.Difficult to see what could be done with registering that,legally,lol.
regards Andrew.

pete 359:

steelboyf10:

Tbh Steelboy,
your probably nearer to me than Pritchard’s m8!That ERF is going to be very difficult to register now,no brand support for build information and compliance documents,not a euro 6 compliant vehicle.Difficult to see what could be done with registering that,legally,lol.
regards Andrew.

Will it have to go straight into preservation Andrew ? Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

pete 359:

steelboyf10:

Tbh Steelboy,
regards Andrew.

Hi Dennis,
IMO there’s not a chance of legally,managing to even register it,for work or play.I went through the mind numbing painfully long process of IVA with my Merc,when I registered that,three years ago.Not an insurmountable process Tbf,though that brand are still in existence and could at a cost,supply documentary evidence of my trucks compliance when manufactured to our wonderful? European standards and type approval.
Regards Andrew.

I think this Borderer has survived into preservation?

pete 359:

Bewick:

pete 359:

steelboyf10:

Tbh Steelboy,
regards Andrew.

Hi Dennis,
IMO there’s not a chance of legally,managing to even register it,for work or play.I went through the mind numbing painfully long process of IVA with my Merc,when I registered that,three years ago.Not an insurmountable process Tbf,though that brand are still in existence and could at a cost,supply documentary evidence of my trucks compliance when manufactured to our wonderful? European standards and type approval.
Regards Andrew.

Morning Andrew,
I suppose your Merc would have had an age related IVA?
The company I worked for imported a Scania Vactank from Holland, still have the headache from sorting the paperwork out for that! Cheer’s Pete

pete 359:
I think this Borderer has survived into preservation?

Hi Andrew,
A couple of pics of the Atki, (N.M.P’s)
She must be one of the last Borderer’s to be registered, was she stored in JR’s barn and forgotten about?! Cheer’s Pete

pete 359:

steelboyf10:

Tbh Steelboy,
regards Andrew.

is it not Prichards in Pontypool near Robs yard, Rob told me it went for 3 x its value…so £300! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

steelboyf10:

pete 359:

steelboyf10:

Tbh Steelboy,
regards Andrew.

is it not Prichards in Pontypool near Robs yard, Rob told me it went for 3 x its value…so £300! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hi m8,
My mistake ,I did wonder?That ERF afaiaa was From the Tredegar/Ebbw Vale area.Sherpa Steve told me about it,a while back now,part of a large collection of ERF.A big thank you to another member on here,Pete Smith kindly sent a BRS book to me.Theres a couple of old Cardiff motors in there.I think the T Reg Atki was bought new by Trevor G.Phillips and registered years later,a lot of companies did that back then…
Regards Andrew.

pete 359:

steelboyf10:

pete 359:

steelboyf10:

Tbh Steelboy,
regards Andrew.

Hi m8,
My mistake ,I did wonder?That ERF afaiaa was From the Tredegar/Ebbw Vale area.Sherpa Steve told me about it,a while back now,part of a large collection of ERF.A big thank you to another member on here,Pete Smith kindly sent a BRS book to me.Theres a couple of old Cardiff motors in there.I think the T Reg Atki was bought new by Trevor G.Phillips and registered years later,a lot of companies did that back then…
Regards Andrew.

No problem Andrew, glad you liked it! Thanks for the info on the Atki, that has to be the last one registered surely? Nice to see she has survived, Pete

Hi all,
A great photo of a fairly new Transcon from Nessbert’s of Cardiff.I think the photo was taken by the late Martin Phippard,whom was a good friend to me and many others,r.i.p.The photo was sent to me by Nick Garlick.

Hi all,
Aberthaw based KCS have just put this next generation,25th anniversary R450 on the road.

Good looking 450 there! That is one good puller. Got a friend from Finland that drive Finland-Sweden with a S450 and full loaded 64000kg from there and back. Not always. 64000kg but always over 55000kg and the fuel is 43/100km witch i think is awsome. Everybody els is having 500 and more and them weights and not evan close to his fuel figurs. So i can just imagine what it will do with max 44000kg.

Danne

Hi all,
A BRS Newport depot D series.

Hi all,
I found this photo online,Hoover at Merthyr.Anyone recognise any faces?

pete 359:
Hi all,

Hi Andrew.

That photo was taken on the last day before BRS took over the fleet. Photo by John Pearce. I had left by then. In the middle is Johnny “Spotless” Williams. He is still with us but not in the best of health. Driver on the right, as we look at it, became an owner driver. I cannot remember his name but he lives in Penydarren as I do. The other one I have no idea.

abtfinman:

pete 359:
Hi all,

Hi Andrew.

That photo was taken on the last day before BRS took over the fleet. Photo by John Pearce. I had left by then. In the middle is Johnny “Spotless” Williams. He is still with us but not in the best of health. Driver on the right, as we look at it, became an owner driver. I cannot remember his name but he lives in Penydarren as I do. The other one I have no idea.

Hi Allen,
Thanks,I thought you might know mate.Do you still attend Abergavenny steam fair mate? I’ve not been for a few years.
Regards Andrew