South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

DLJ 904Y from the rear with Swindons roadtrain.

Dai was the flkeet number RSG332 A south Wales motor ?

Bridgend ,F464 RHT .

DLJ 903Y .

M236 BMR.

JDW 297W , DEPOT ? Dai ?

Hi all,
Continuing with the welsh BRS theme,does anyone know which depot this was? My guess is Cardiff,a few welsh motors in shot…

Hi all. Andrew, I can’t believe its nine years since Dave started this thread and you got involved. I went through some early posts the other day and could remember them clearly. Chris Webb, Pete (windrush) and Ianto some of the early fans and still post today.
Mental when you think about it especially as I forgot to get home for dinner on time earlier today!

Cheers, Paul

JAKEY:
DAI, great photos of the Brs wagons , the white fleet colours were by favourite of the Brs colours , you say you still have your dads last tacho ,what run did he do on his last trip ?

Afternoon Jakey that 112 was not his motor but they started a afternoon shift that went on a rota for the night men to take turns.He worked there just under 23 years but was the junior night man so took more then is fair share.You may run 2 trips to B Tissues Yate[it became a Gloystarne depot] and then back load berger paint from bedminster and then shunt trailers from llandow to the yard.Then another afternoon you would tip Mc gregor cory distribution Cross Keys and tip a load of rockwool at warrens of Bridgewater.You just used what motor was in the yard at the time and cleaned up the work from the day shunters.
Dai

JAKEY:
JDW 297W , DEPOT ? Dai ?

This 81 was Cardiff based.I remember the Alexon job and had a phone call 1 sunday evening just before christmas to do a trailer change at Milton
Keynes.You were given a lock to go around the trailer pin and many driver would be covered in grease but was in a secure compound with a valuable load on.
Dai

pete 359:
Hi all,
Continuing with the welsh BRS theme,does anyone know which depot this was? My guess is Cardiff,a few welsh motors in shot…

You are 100% correct Andrew this is a great period shot of ferry road with the old depot code.
Thankyou for sharing.
Dai

MFS at Maltby,part of Glass Glover Group,had loads of Scania 81s.They were ok for overnight store deliveries but no guts in em at all,I always looked for summat different when on trunk,like a 112m.The gearboxes were 8-speed splitters and it took me ages to stop double declutching when I started there in 1978,having come off AECs and Marathons.Anther annoying thing was the delay in brakes releasing when taking handbrake off,I used to hold wagon with deadman at lights etc…I was eventually allocated a SA400 with 240 Gardner,no other driver wanted it,they didn’t like the arse about face gearshift pattern. :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

Paul John:
Hi all. Andrew, I can’t believe its nine years since Dave started this thread and you got involved. I went through some early posts the other day and could remember them clearly. Chris Webb, Pete (windrush) and Ianto some of the early fans and still post today.
Mental when you think about it especially as I forgot to get home for dinner on time earlier today!

Cheers, Paul

Hi Paul,
Hope your well mate,must be 7/8 years ago we met up,the Peterbilt has been gone coming up for four years! We all miss Dave the Renegade ,the man who started this thread and became a good friend of mine.Yes I know what you mean.where have all of those years gone!
Regards Andrew.

scania81:

pete 359:
Hi all,

You are 100% correct Andrew this is a great period shot of ferry road with the old depot code.
Thankyou for sharing.
Dai

Hello Dai,
Thanks very much,there were a few transport companies on Ferry road back then,as your probably aware.the area is totally unrecognisable now.My old mate Philip “STAN” Evans,whose late father Sid drove for J&M found this photo recently .Looks like Bob Pearce sitting in the chair,he had ODW 118R new,their last new F88.

Hi all,
A few here from John Raymond’s fine 80’s fleet…

Love the John Raymond photos.

Morning Andrew,
A couple of Owens found on their Twitter page,

On route to south wales, 1992?, in the FL

014r0afh0dy3.jpg

Ex Shotton Steel Sed Atki, at the top of Aston Hill heading for the yard

on the sugar loaf?