South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

Her you go DAI,

JAKEY:

Thankyou for the picture Jakey,E593 LTC was driven by Clive Williams, aka the Mouse.He transfered from thorn contract in Cardiff.
The last week before christmas i tipped Aberdeen with this motor fri the 22nd of dec 89 after already done 2 londons and 3 drops Glasgow.
The British Coal deal in my opinion was political and the contract was given out because the end was near.
Lots of the 8 wheelers were on their last legs and cost a fortune to repair,but done me a favour.
When they recruited lots of experienced drivers declined the jobs when told if their truck fell into disrepair there was a chance of being laid off.
I took the bull by the horns and took a chance and always carried night out gear.
Up tower colliery 1 day there was a message to ring the yard,by the late evening i was in Ipswich and never looked back.
Dai

smallcoal:

pete smith:

Hi Pete,that was when it was a proper steel works all different generations of family working there not like when they were taken over the heart went out of it,Paul John regarding pontlottyn they didn’t last long when they were going Bradley used to have them running with drums on the headboard one got stopped by vosa they dipped the drum he was using aircraft fuel as it was cheaper all his trucks were confiscated ,he didn’t like spending I will find out more as my mate drove for him cheers John

Hi John. I think that was Clive, not Colin and a separate company. Clive did time for that, he never had the work ethic of Colin or his parents. It wouldn’t surprise me if they ran into trouble as it was a big step up from the family tipper business.

Paul

Thank you Dai, thank you for the great words , it looked like The moose" kept her clean ?

Paul John:

smallcoal:

pete smith:

Hi Pete,that was when it was a proper steel works all different generations of family working there not like when they were taken over the heart went out of it,Paul John regarding pontlottyn they didn’t last long when they were going Bradley used to have them running with drums on the headboard one got stopped by vosa they dipped the drum he was using aircraft fuel as it was cheaper all his trucks were confiscated ,he didn’t like spending I will find out more as my mate drove for him cheers John

Hi John. I think that was Clive, not Colin and a separate company. Clive did time for that, he never had the work ethic of Colin or his parents. It wouldn’t surprise me if they ran into trouble as it was a big step up from the family tipper business.

Paul

Hi Paul,yes you are right it was Clive he thought he was clever but it came back to bite him :laughing:

smallcoal:

pete smith:

Morning John,
Like so many companies nowadays they have had the heart ripped out of them and the bean counters call it progress, Cheer’s Pete

N.M.P, off FB.

Crusader loading in the Orb, off ebay.

Crawley Engineering from Llanelli, off e bay

hi, haydn castle scammell crusader.

Hi all,
Great photos and memories being shared here,Thanks to Pete for the pm’s and thanks also to king of the Paul C.Gee collection DeanB, for kindly emailing me recently.Daibootsy good to see you on here again mate.Keep them comings boys!
regards Andrew.

Griff Fender.

pete 359:

Would that Atky have had the 8LXB engine or the big ■■■■■■■■ grille badge looks like it may have had the 8LXB ! and double drive Eaton bogie ? Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

pete 359:

Would that Atky have had the 8LXB engine or the big ■■■■■■■■ grille badge looks like it may have had the 8LXB ! and double drive Eaton bogie ? Cheers Dennis.

Hi Dennis,
I wouldn’t know tbh,though someone on here will.I guess a straight eight 240 …
Regards Andrew.

Hi all,
I found this on Facebook.sorry to whoever took,this brilliant photo.A big company in their day.

Not sure if this has been posted before Andrew, did search google! Is that one of Morris Brothers parked next to it? Cheer’s Pete

2660ca0745bfe525848bb9ff793a9e31.jpg