South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

scania81:
Ron Evans would have drove this 1 also Chris 143.
2 were a lot later sprayed up in the new colours and had the back to front gearbox .
Post more as the weeks go on .
Dai

Hello Dai that would have been the ZF back to front box would it ?

scania81:
1 for Chris 143,Dai pages 81.The only 81 to arrive that year and soon after Dai went onto VLJ 649X 82M sleeper that ended its days on the driving school.The 40 footer looks long without the side guards.

Dai didn,t they have two 111 sleepers also JDW reg Roy something maybe from the rhondda cant remember who was on the other one . Cheers Ian .

Ianto full pelt:

scania81:
2 were a lot later sprayed up in the new colours and had the back to front gearbox .
Dai

Hello Dai that would have been the ZF back to front box would it ?

Hi all,
I am guessing the primitive gear linkage was the reason why the shift pattern was the wrong way around.I suppose it was fine in a left hand drive truck?
Regards Andrew……

Ianto full pelt:

scania81:
1 for Chris 143,Dai pages 81.The only 81 to arrive that year and soon after Dai went onto VLJ 649X 82M sleeper that ended its days on the driving school.The 40 footer looks long without the side guards.

Dai didn,t they have two 111 sleepers also JDW reg Roy something maybe from the rhondda cant remember who was on the other one . Cheers Ian .

hello ian, steve parry had one and roy Pudsey had the other roy had an accident in his on the m62 it was away being repaired for months geoff

Geoff54:

Ianto full pelt:

scania81:

hello ian, steve parry had one and roy Pudsey had the other roy had an accident in his on the m62 it was away being repaired for months geoff

Hell of a memory Geoff . Thanks Ian .

scania81:
Dai

Yes Dai he did have one of these briefly
I think surfer had it, my old man had a marathon
Then for a bit and then the red Daf
Cheers Chris

Hi all,
Great to see the BRS photos and read the memories.Here are a few of OWENS all courtesy of Chris Richards.A very big player these days,I’m guessing 200 plus on the road?All these are from 1992.

D244BAA3-9A27-4BAD-A52B-2D9BAD5922E7.jpeg

97FA5ADB-D607-4512-AB35-95BDDC24A652.jpeg

Hi all,
Lew Lewis’ big DAF,seen at Short Bros.former yard at Taffs Wells…

Hi all,
A couple courtesy of Chris Richards from May 1992,a well sheeted Mansel Davies FL10 at Cardiff West services.

Another courtesy of Chris Richards.

pete 359:
Another courtesy of Chris Richards.

Mike Evans ,myfanwy that was his ,he was still driving last year for Newport Galv ,I think he is retired now

Hi all,
Couldn’t resist posting this pic an old Fenders driver posted on Facebook…once an household name in south Wales.
Regards Mark

marktaff:
Hi all,
Couldn’t resist posting this pic an old Fenders driver posted on Facebook…once an household name in south Wales.
Regards Mark

A FHK with the three man cab, better for the removal lads than the FFK two seater of course.

Pete.

windrush:

marktaff:
Hi all,
Regards Mark

A FHK with the three man cab, better for the removal lads than the FFK two seater of course.

Pete.

Hi Pete,
How could you tell the two models apart…was it the grills on the front of the cab ?
Because i remeber back in the day most of the others Fenders had were two seaters but different grill to this one here in the pic.
Regards Mark

Andrew,type in truckers delights of 1995 on you tube joints on the coldra coming of the 449 John also trunk road to Wales 1996 excellent sound of joints merc with tandem trailer looks like Cody is driving it there’s good video clips on there

marktaff:

windrush:

marktaff:
Hi all,
Regards Mark

Pete.

Hi Pete,
How could you tell the two models apart…was it the grills on the front of the cab ?
Because i remeber back in the day most of the others Fenders had were two seaters but different grill to this one here in the pic.
Regards Mark

Hi mark,nice pic how was your ferry crossing :smiley:

smallcoal:

marktaff:

windrush:

marktaff:
Hi all,
Regards Mark

Pete.

Hi Pete,
Regards Mark

Hi mark,nice pic how was your ferry crossing :smiley:

Hi John,
Ferry crossing always pretty good mate…can’t say much for the food on board mine…always cold and bland mate…Brittany ferries…won’t hold a candle to P & O mate…how’s things with you mate…been keeping an eye out for you on the road…seen plenty of Clark’s trucks but no you mate.
Regards Mark

Hi mark,I’m ok thanks,glad you had a good trip I do look out at any Robbins I see what reg is yours so I know I’m on west wales Monday I got pump over in hansons Swansea cheers John

smallcoal:
Hi mark,I’m ok thanks,glad you had a good trip I do look out at any Robbins I see what reg is yours so I know I’m on west wales Monday I got pump over in hansons Swans
ea cheers John

Hi John,
I’m driving a 64 plate Daf CF mate…off to Northwich Cheshire tommorow mate…this is mine mate.
Regards Mark