South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

Hi all.
Andrew great old photo’s. Looking at the BRS Ebbw Vale yard, looks as if Morgans of Cwm may well of had it after them. It looks like a shale tip from Cwm colliery. I’ll ask my friend Ray who along with his father and uncle worked for BRS many years ago.

Regards Paul

A few welsh motors ! :wink:

A02489.JPG

A02506.JPG

A03418p.JPG

Hi Pete, This Crown Cork Foden photo looks like an official Foden one taken at their usual photo shoot location at Elworth. Note what looks like one of their own works fleet on the right and the sloping bonnet line of a new look Foden bus or coach on the left of your photo. Interesting that Crown Cork became connected to Metal Box Co in later years and are still in existance in the Middle East producing drinks cans.
Cheers, Leyland 600.

A few Photos of BRT International.

Hi all,
For sheer presence and a quality look,i always used to admire the W.G.Davies fleet…

pete 359:
Hi all,
For sheer presence and a quality look,i always used to admire the W.G.Davies fleet…

I like the way the radio has been put in at least he got sounds :slight_smile: is that the one with the speaker on top of it

Paul John:
Hi all.
Andrew great old photo’s. Looking at the BRS Ebbw Vale yard, looks as if Morgans of Cwm may well of had it after them. It looks like a shale tip from Cwm colliery. I’ll ask my friend Ray who along with his father and uncle worked for BRS many years ago.

Regards Paul

Hi Paul,
I also thought that looked like the shale tip at Cwm.I think Morgan’s yard was home to the BRS,many years ago? I remember only too well going through the centre of Cwm with Joint,when travelling between Newport and Ebbw Vale.No bypass back then.
Here’s a couple more from Crown Cork Tredegar…

pete 359:
Hi all,

Great shot Andrew ! Now there is a young Fella that’s proud of his motor and he isn’t that old by the look of him and a credit to him ! He probably would have to have had the speaker fitted to the back of the cab behind his head in order to hear the “crackle” :wink: Cheers Dennis.

A few more of Ebbw Vale. One shows the street outside if that helps

Hi all, Andrew thanks for your reply. Tidderson, the pick up truck looks as if its an Austin but the model escapes me. My father had the van version and was his first vehicle which he used as a mobile butchers shop.
I have a photo of it somewhere!

Regards Paul

Paul John:
Hi all, Andrew thanks for your reply. Tidderson, the pick up truck looks as if its an Austin but the model escapes me. My father had the van version and was his first vehicle which he used as a mobile butchers shop.
I have a photo of it somewhere!

Regards Paul

Was it a “Devon” or a “Somerset” Paul ? Cheers Dennis.

The pickup and van versions were just marketed as A40’s.

Pete.