South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

Funnily enough steelboyF10,I wondered the same thing!

hi all,
courtesy of Mark S.Bailey,a new looking s80? FODEN heading towards swansea.

IMG_1367.JPG

pete 359:

Fuel tanks off a Leyland and it looks like a Leyland front axle, wonder if it is a Marathon chassis with Foden cab?

hi all,
courtesy of the Mark S Bailey collection,a T.Richard Jones marathon,they run VOLVO’S now,based i think? in ammanford.

2017-07-14 20.57.42.jpg

pete 359:
hi all,
courtesy of the Mark S Bailey collection,a T.Richard Jones marathon,they run VOLVO’S now,based i think? in ammanford.

Hi Andrew they are based in Bettws Ammanford

pete smith:

pete 359:

Fuel tanks off a Leyland and it looks like a Leyland front axle, wonder if it is a Marathon chassis with Foden cab?

Being on an ‘X’ plate, wouldn’t it have been a T45 Roadtrain??, the bumper and headlights look similar too…

kmills:

pete smith:

pete 359:

Being on an ‘X’ plate, wouldn’t it have been a T45 Roadtrain??, the bumper and headlights look similar too…

Hi,
I think you’re right.someone created a mongrel,a Foden cab on a Leyland chassis.
Regards andrew.

Hi all,
Courtesy of the Mark S.Bailey collection,the one and only Tony Morgan MACK.looks like Howard and big Doug? In the cab.At the dip before the last down hill stretch into Bridgend…

IMG_3114.JPG

hi all,
i never knew WYNNS had an S80 FODEN.

pete 359:
hi all,

Ex Wrekin Roadways Telford ,probably based at Stafford ,regards Keith .

kingswinford kit:

pete 359:
hi all,

Ex Wrekin Roadways Telford ,probably based at Stafford ,regards Keith .

HI KEITH,
Thanks,i did wonder about that tbh.I remember the scammell’s,lol.

IMG_5296.PNG

Hi all,
This coming weekend is the annual porthcawl truck gathering.run by a team of very enthusiastic volunteers,whom are hoping to raise more money for charity.the venue is salt lake car park opposite the main entrance to coney beach fun fair.This locally owned Tomb Raider DAF will be there.

TOMB RAIDER.jpg

Punchy Dan:

pete 359:

Punchy Dan:

HI DAN,
The red 290 VOLVO in your first photo was owned then by E.R.Clissold of abergavenny.later owned restored and rallied with steve smith from widnes truck dealers, smith bros.more recently sold to craig mccallum i think? here courtesy of the Mark S Bailey collection a Sammy Rees scammell routeman driven by long serving employee Peter Richards.

Hi Andrew ,I forgot to Thankyou for your assistance,Darren changed the broken trailer spring and got the driver on his way by the next afternoon so Thankyou Dan .

hi dan is that you in the middle your lot are in classic truck cheers John

image.jpg

Porthcawl Truck Gathering already has a huge presence in Porthcawl. Just drove past tonight and there must be 60 - 70 trucks turned up already. Well done you guys for making the effort and those of you who are going to Porthcawl tomorrow, the sun will be shinning for you and it’s a free show, but please support the charity generously.

Hiya John yep guilty as charged ,hope it reads ok ,it’s very difficult knowing what to say to reporters and then watching how they interpret it ,cheers Dan .

Hi dan this is the cover yes it is a good read mate cheers John

image.jpeg

Hi all,
My very good friend and member here,SteelboyF10 had a brilliant idea recently.last Friday was the 10th anniversary of a very sad loss to the regulars on the truck show/road run circuit.John Ward from oadby Leicestershire suddenly passed away during September 2007.too mark this SteelboyF10 thought of The John Ward memorial run to my home town of porthcawl.A few of us met up at schifnal Shropshire on Friday night and then in beautiful weather on Saturday had a great run down the A49 to Leominster and over the Brecon Beacons for porthcawl.A brilliant idea graham,thanks to all for a great weekend!
P.s. How do you rotate photos?

hi all,
now that i am awake,after a very heavy weekend.a few from the john ward memorial run and porthcawl truck gathering,an outstanding weekend.

ward10.jpg

ward9.jpg

ward8.jpg

ward7.jpg

ward6.jpg

ward4.jpg

ward2.jpg

ward1.jpg

Hi Andrew

Cracking pictures…I cant believe how alike Fred is to Wardy…could be brothers!
Even enjoyed fixing the F10 in a bazar way…can still taste the clutch fluid :wink:

pete 359:
hi all,
now that i am awake,after a very heavy weekend.a few from the john ward memorial run and porthcawl truck gathering,an outstanding weekend.

Who is that dodgy looking bloke in the shorts?!