South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

hi all,
I can always remember seeing WYNNS as a kid and being spellbound by their sheer presence.

pete 359:

Nice shots there “pete” The Commer is a 1945 Reg, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

pete 359:

Nice shots there “pete” The Commer is a 1945 Reg, Regards Larry.

hi larry,

thanks,i wondered about that motor being a commer? here,bearing the colours of the welsh flag,a cracking trio of “old skool” south wales motors.

hi all,
courtesy of the Paul C.Gee collection.As soon as i saw this old photo thats been very kindly shared,i just had to post it here.Joint had two of these ERF’s brand new,GTH 285N and TBO 694N,though they later bought quite a few used A series.

pete 359:
hi all,
courtesy of the Paul C.Gee collection.As soon as i saw this old photo thats been very kindly shared,i just had to post it here.Joint had two of these ERF’s brand new,GTH 285N and TBO 694N,though they later bought quite a few used A series.

Hi Andrew I can’t make out the reg on that any idea who driving it and the location it is nice to see one in motion in a photo ,didn’t they end their lives in the abbey the two you mentioned cheers John

smallcoal:

pete 359:
hi all,

Hi Andrew I can’t make out the reg on that any idea who driving it and the location it is nice to see one in motion in a photo ,didn’t they end their lives in the abbey the two you mentioned cheers John

HI JOHN,
TBH,I can’t tell which one it is in that brilliant photo and trust me,i have looked.Back in 1974 when they were both brand new,Dai edmunds had GTH and shrewsbury based Warwick Gittins had TBO.I’d guess? the location as being somewhere between the coldra and Ross?
regards Andrew.

It’s a great picture, but I think the legs could have done with a couple more winds on the handle, and as for the roping & sheeting…

kmills:
It’s a great picture, but I think the legs could have done with a couple more winds on the handle, and as for the roping & sheeting…

hi,
yes,i would agree with all of that,lol…

Dai Echo has sent me these pictures to put on of the Scania he has recently been given to drive at Hicks transport, Newport.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

mechanic77:
Dai Echo has sent me these pictures to put on of the Scania he has recently been given to drive at Hicks transport, Newport.

Hi Neil, I’m glad you put these on I thought I was going senile when I seen dai echo in a scania and not a merc cheers John :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

mechanic77:

hi neil,
thanks for the photos. Dai told me recently that it’s HICKS’ first scania since this 111,which sank on the zenobia on its first ever trip.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Punchy Dan:

HI DAN,
The red 290 VOLVO in your first photo was owned then by E.R.Clissold of abergavenny.later owned restored and rallied with steve smith from widnes truck dealers, smith bros.more recently sold to craig mccallum i think? here courtesy of the Mark S Bailey collection a Sammy Rees scammell routeman driven by long serving employee Peter Richards.

2017-07-14 17.49.54.jpg

hi all,
courtesy of the Mark S Bailey collection an NCB DODGE heading into swansea.

2017-07-14 17.51.25.jpg

pete 359:

Punchy Dan:

HI DAN,
The red 290 VOLVO in your first photo was owned then by E.R.Clissold of abergavenny.later owned restored and rallied with steve smith from widnes truck dealers, smith bros.more recently sold to craig mccallum i think? here courtesy of the Mark S Bailey collection a Sammy Rees scammell routeman driven by long serving employee Peter Richards.

Hi Andrew ,I forgot to Thankyou for your assistance,Darren changed the broken trailer spring and got the driver on his way by the next afternoon so Thankyou Dan .

Punchy Dan:

pete 359:

Punchy Dan:

HI DAN,

Hi Andrew ,I forgot to Thankyou for your assistance,Darren changed the broken trailer spring and got the driver on his way by the next afternoon so Thankyou Dan .

hi dan,
your very welcome,i was with darren yesterday at work,he’s a great guy and has kept me and many others going over the years!
regards andrew.

hi all,
via DEANB and the Mark S Bailey collection.a RHYD-Y-POLON Atki.

MARK S BAILEY 3.jpg

hi all,
again courtesy of the Mark S Bailey collection,a john t evans marathon.A big firm for many years.

MARK S BAILEY 4.jpg