South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

Y111RDF:
Looks to be in really good find from the photos Sammy Dog, look forward to seeing it on the show circuit.
Regards
Ryan

pete 359:

daiecho143:

mechanic77:
All the best to Sammy dog today, big day as he and Pete359 have gone to pick up another classic truck for South Wales.
Neil.

hope all go,s well cant wait to see the photo,s

hi all,
earlier this morning,near windrush a40.sammy dog’s 1735 :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

hi ryan started on her yesterday stripping out interior so we ve made a start see you next season now cheers martyn.

Hiya Martyn,I was sat watching the evening news and when I saw the shots of that caravan site down your way I thought,bloody hell,Martyn could have be sat in his underpants on the verandah having his 10th can one minute and then the next minute sat on the beach exclaiming " thats what I call a nice drop of Lager Boyo" !! main thing though,no one hurt !! Cheers and best of luck with the “project” mate. Dennis.

sammy dog:

mercman123:
Hi Martyn have you decided which colour you are going too paint it old or new Joints ? Tony

hi tony its probably going into new colours due to age of the merc.

Hi Martyn yes i think that would be good but its your truck . Tony

Bewick:
Hiya Martyn,I was sat watching the evening news and when I saw the shots of that caravan site down your way I thought,bloody hell,Martyn could have be sat in his underpants on the verandah having his 10th can one minute and then the next minute sat on the beach exclaiming " thats what I call a nice drop of Lager Boyo" !! main thing though,no one hurt !! Cheers and best of luck with the “project” mate. Dennis.

havent seen the news today dennis so excuse my ignorance anyway its a bit cold now for the pants and notted hankey .
im working untill 9 tonite anyway thanks for the good luck message cheers martyn.

hi all,
here’s a couple of yanks i saw,with a welsh connection in truckfest southwest 1990.firstly a kenworth owned by chase commercials,they bought and sold many yanks over the years :sunglasses: .

Thanks a million to Neil [mechanic77] what a lovely surprise turning up at my house with two cracking models of Catnic lorries. A Scania for me and a Maggie deutz for Dai echo, its already in my truck cabinet with pride, chuffed to beans with it ,thank you. Regards, Rowland

As mentioned by Rowland heres my two latest modelling projects which I finished today. They are 1-50th scale conversions based on Corgi models.

I chopped, recabbed and painted them to represent a Scania 81 and Magirus Deutz operated by Catnic steel lintels of Caerphilly. The models were handed over to their new owners in Caerphilly tonight [both ex Catnic drivers with connections to the particular trucks] Hope they enjoy them. Heres some pictures,
Neil…

rward:
thanks a million niel mecanic 77 wat a lovely surprise turning up at my house with two cracking models of catnic lorries 1 scania for me and a maggie deutch for dai echo its already in my truck cabinet with pride chuffed to beans with it thank you regards rowland

a very nice suprise thank you very much neil “mecanic77” me and young dai over the moon

This is what they started out as:

hi all,
cool models neil mate,well done.here’s a couple more of chase commercials’ kenworth’s.

Some pictures of a well known South Wales haulier that has recently celebrated its 40th anniversary.