South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

Great S&K pictures.

I’ve had a tip off from Y111 RDF that theres something familier on the cover of this months T&D magazine.
Neil.

cover.jpg

mechanic77:
Great S&K pictures.

I’ve had a tip off from Y111 RDF that theres something familier on the cover of this months T&d magazine. .
Neil.

hi neil,
congratulations and good effort rowly mate :sunglasses: .that 141 deserves to be on the front cover of t&d.cool s&k pics,sgates87,thanks.
regards andrew.

s gates 87 well done cracking s and k pics pity more cardiff and surrounding hauliers pics not on here regards rowland

Evening Gentlemen, always a good read! Andrew, Chase Commercials, in particular C209KAX, the T600, ended up as my motor, full story on the Kenworth thread. I really must get the time, and equipment to get some of my photographs on these threads!! I`ve had some smashing deals, with super people, in Wales, loads and loads of happy memories!! Part of my family still live around Newport, originally came down from Bilston, when Lysaghts relocated, became RT&B, and the Orb, well that works has real family connections! Thanks, and cheerio for now!!

Saviem:
Evening Gentlemen, always a good read! Andrew, Chase Commercials, in particular C209KAX, the T600, ended up as my motor, full story on the Kenworth thread. I really must get the time, and equipment to get some of my photographs on these threads!! I`ve had some smashing deals, with super people, in Wales, loads and loads of happy memories!! Part of my family still live around Newport, originally came down from Bilston, when Lysaghts relocated, became RT&B, and the Orb, well that works has real family connections! Thanks, and cheerio for now!!

hi saviem,
i thought i had read on here somewhere that you owned that t600.it would be great to see your pictures.this mack was seen at truckfest 1990?when she was new,the welsh connection is that a west wales operator had this mack after paul maggs and has recently sold it to trucknet member hailwood.an awesome machine :sunglasses: .she had full uk type approval.

mechanic77:
As mentioned by Rowland heres my two latest modelling projects which I finished today. They are 1-50th scale conversions based on Corgi models.

I chopped, recabbed and painted them to represent a Scania 81 and Magirus Deutz operated by Catnic steel lintels of Caerphilly. The models were handed over to their new owners in Caerphilly tonight [both ex Catnic drivers with connections to the particular trucks] Hope they enjoy them. Heres some pictures,
Neil…

well done niel mate cracking job.

mechanic77:
Great S&K pictures.

I’ve had a tip off from Y111 RDF that theres something familier on the cover of this months T&D magazine.
Neil.

well done rowley mate you deserve it regards martyn.

A late 1980’s line up, After re-locating from Atlantic Trading Estate to their current premises on David Davies Road. Nice Scanny 112 :smiley:

hiya,
Love the 88s drove several of the early jobs both day and sleeper cabs the ones I drove had the top of windscreen mounted air operated wipers a bit of a nightmare when the motors were getting on a bit ie’ bits dropping off when traveling, if in use of course usually the main drive rod dropping down and trying to spear your fingers usually when in hurry up mode. when was the electric bottom of screen wipers introduced?? I still say they was the best motor of the day, I loved em’
thanks harry long retired…