So which driver are you?

Bit of fun really, but it appears that drivers could be distracted before mobile phones and drive badly before Auto-boxes. :laughing:

youtube.com/watch?v=sa29WIOoD1M

Ha,picked up countless amounts of young ladies hitching in 70’s.Had some great fun but always kept my eyes on the road. :wink:

That guy didn’t do his checks after he got back in the truck from the cafe (not even sure he locked the door). Isn’t he worried about young lady refugees hiding themselves under the axles trying to escape from the ravages of Barnsley?

Copper doesn’t have a hi-vis - and just stands in the middle of the road!? Hope he signed a long risk assessment to do that job. Even the men from the Ministry have white hi-vis and are remarkably clean.

There was space in the layby without a single truck from Iran or Outer Mongolia having their weekly rest.

I was going to day this is totally fabricated but then they started elephant racing up the hill - normality is restored then.

Btw, where are all the artics or were those not invented?

surprised this wasn’t used on any of the DCPC courses I’ve been on :stuck_out_tongue:

There was one video about posture/eating habits etc that wasn’t a million miles away!

jakethesnake:
Ha,picked up countless amounts of young ladies hitching in 70’s.Had some great fun but always kept my eyes on the road. :wink:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
that was in the days when they werent all psychopathic nut job alcoholic junkies or used as bait to get you to stop and be robbed by the junkie boyfriends hiding 100 yards dwn the road like nowadays.

dieseldog999:

jakethesnake:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
that was in the days when they werent all psychopathic nut job alcoholic junkies or used as bait to get you to stop and be robbed by the junkie boyfriends hiding 100 yards dwn the road like nowadays.

So you’ve met Mad Mary from the M6 then?

Mazzer2:

dieseldog999:

jakethesnake:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

So you’ve met Mad Mary from the M6 then?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
and her cousins. :wink:
in more recent years that old doll from stranraer that hangs about the teapot while her man hides in the bushes watching has been entertaining. :open_mouth:

Love that video ,it made me think back to just the mid 80’s when I was going home on leave ,as I drove along the A66 which didn’t have so much dual carriageway at the time and truckers used to always indicate left to let you know you can overtake ,it was like an unwritten rule …I don’t know if it still happens …As an old scrote they where the type of truck I had as a toy .I still prefer the look of them to the modern kit

Not a lot has changed then

dieseldog999:

jakethesnake:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Probably right, I certainly would not stop for anyone now!

jakethesnake:

dieseldog999:

jakethesnake:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Probably right, I certainly would not stop for anyone now!

I still do, especially round these parts public transport non-existent so if you’ve not got a car or it’s not on the road you have to walk.

Over the years given a lift to many people who were just getting to and from work and it works both ways, people have given me a lift when I’ve had to walk, the last time was when I was walking back from the station (2 miles) after dropping my car off for service and MOT. It had started to ■■■■ down with rain and an old chap stopped and gave me and another lad who happened to be walking a lift, even though we were both already soaked.

Neither.

jakethesnake:

all I ever gave a lift to were tradeplaters who wanted to tell me their life story or borrow the cab phone,never again

norb:
Love that video ,it made me think back to just the mid 80’s when I was going home on leave ,as I drove along the A66 which didn’t have so much dual carriageway at the time and truckers used to always indicate left to let you know you can overtake ,it was like an unwritten rule …I don’t know if it still happens ….As an old scrote they where the type of truck I had as a toy .I still prefer the look of them to the modern kit

I found when driving in Ireland on the wide sections of single carriageway with hard shoulders lorries and cars travelling slow will keep over to the left so can be overtaken easier. 99% of the time the vehicle going past you will flash the hazards, and if vehicles are coming the other way they normally move over for more space, and know one beeps their horn, flashes lights or upload their dash cam ‘near miss’.