Can You spot Us

Just a quick one.
You Guys,(and Gals) Who have been driving artics for many years,can You spot Us newly passed class 1 drivers.If so,what gives Us away?
Ive only been driving mine a couple of months now,confidence is sky high,but wondering if I’m still driving it like a newby.I can’t tell from where I sit.

You’re given away by the big smile you have on your faces :smiley:

When you get out, it’s a dead give away-
Because you’re Mum hasn’t tied your shoe laces up. :laughing:

You need to develop the world owes you a living attitude most of the older drivers on here exhibit, otherwise it’s a dead giveaway your a newbie.

You’re under 21… Wasn’t allowed until recently! :slight_smile:

“■■■■■■■■■■■■ drivers”

driving with hi viz on ,driving for royal mail,not flashing anyone in…

It’s way you try to reverse in to a space between 2 lorries on your blind side with many shunts when you could just drive straight in to another,no offence ment at you personally.

Dan Punchard:
It’s way you try to reverse in to a space between 2 lorries on your blind side with many shunts when you could just drive straight in to another,no offence ment at you personally.

So that was you sat there? :blush:
Guilty m’lud

OTS:
You’re given away by the big smile you have on your faces :smiley:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
That’s so true!
Mario :wink:

It’s mainly confidence and the flashing in thing.

newbies are easy to spot, they don’t drive around with a cuppa in one hand ,butty in the other and sporting life propped up on the steering wheel and lap top on the dash playing ■■■■ :laughing:

Even though you’re on hourly pay you’re back at the yard for 1 o’clock moaning about the money…

My boss has just taken on an 18 year old and he was smiling ear to ear when he got out of a superspace last night
I don’t even think he wanted to go home :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

tonyb70:
My boss has just taken on an 18 year old and he was smiling ear to ear when he got out of a superspace last night
I don’t even think he wanted to go home :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Just make sure the power socket is working… :smiley:

Most of the above really.

coffee,time,mart:
…confidence is sky high…

That’ll soon be knocked out of you one way or the other. Either a cyclist, VOSA, Audi Driver (not all of them though), Shunt bump, near miss, accident (heaven forbid) or getting it stuck.

Once that happens you’ll fit right in!!! :wink:

mezzzz1211:
newbies are easy to spot, they don’t drive around with a cuppa in one hand ,butty in the other and sporting life propped up on the steering wheel and lap top on the dash playing ■■■■ :laughing:

I never read sporting life, don’t like betting on geegees

mb14:
driving with hi viz on ,driving for royal mail,not flashing anyone in…

I have never done any of those things and I am 38 years in the game :laughing:

I find the easiest thing to spot is the new driver is looking in the wrong mirror or hung out of the door unaware of what the trailer is doing :stuck_out_tongue:

Ejoyed reading these replies,some good and funny ones.
With Me though,I think the only thing that gives Me away is the reversing,but I am getting there with that.Ive been driving a rigid 8 years for the same gaffer,then both the class1 drivers are coming up to retirement age so I was put through to drive the artics.
But I am the poor rooky Who drives a 9 plus 10 car transporter with its overcab peak that sticks out 6 foot everytime I turn the unit.Everytime I reverse onto a someones premises,theres allways a lampost rite where I don’t want it.Fun,games and all that…Martin…thanks for replies…

coffee,time,mart:
Ejoyed reading these replies,some good and funny ones.
With Me though,I think the only thing that gives Me away is the reversing,but I am getting there with that.Ive been driving a rigid 8 years for the same gaffer,then both the class1 drivers are coming up to retirement age so I was put through to drive the artics.
But I am the poor rooky Who drives a 9 plus 10 car transporter with its overcab peak that sticks out 6 foot everytime I turn the unit.Everytime I reverse onto a someones premises,theres allways a lampost rite where I don’t want it.Fun,games and all that…Martin…thanks for replies…

Artic transporter with peak your first artic?..R E S P E C T

Hardly ever see one now.