Shropshire Hauliers,

How is the FH coming on :sunglasses:

A series

Glad to see your still here F10 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Lance Biscomb:
Glad to see your still here F10 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Ay yes Lance, just on tacho break from the job… hope all good with you, see the trucks from time to time around Northants. :smiley: :smiley:

Any of you International truckers got any pics of, Swains of Stretton, Lloyds of Ludlow or Cadwalladers and any other of the Shropshire Hauliers to go on here. Apologies if this has already been done.
Cheers Dave.

Just thought of another Grocott, or Gro- continental from Prees.

Hi Dave
Being just over the boarder in Wales, Millingtons at Tybroughton the actual address is Whitchurch Shropshire I hope this will count.The first one you might have seen elsewhere on here.

ME days for Chapman +Ball in 1976

The same truck after ME days painted in our colours, and that was me when i had hair.

One of our 140s used for europe work which we did for 10 years.
When i get some spare time i will post some more.
Regards Keith.

Cadwallader, This motor went on continent

dessert driver:
Hi Dave
Being just over the boarder in Wales, Millingtons at Tybroughton the actual address is Whitchurch Shropshire I hope this will count.The first one you might have seen elsewhere on here.

The same truck after ME days painted in our colours, and that was me when i had hair.

Regards Keith.

Hi Oxo3,
Being over the border doesn,t matter, post em on here, good to see all the different trucks.
Cheers, Dave.

Dave the Renegade:

dessert driver:
Hi Dave

Regards Keith.

Hi Keith,
Being over the border doesn,t matter, post em on here, good to see all the different trucks.
Cheers, Dave .

oxo3:
Cadwallader, This motor went on continent

Hi Oxo3,
Quite a few drivers from Knighton drove for Cadwalladers in the 70’s on continental, Dave License and a few more.
Cheers, Dave.

Theres some Caddies motors if you click on this link Dave

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=13771&hilit=cadwallader

nianiamh:
Theres some Caddies motors if you click on this link Dave

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=13771&hilit=cadwallader

Cheers Nianiamh,
Just had a look on the link, had seen some of those before. I have a print of one of Dee Valley’s Foden coming under an aquaduct on the A5 in the 50’s. Will have some more pics to post on some of these threads again in a few days, some of my old mates are digging them out.
Cheers, Dave.

More Millingtons

SFA 254W 141 LHD ex Taylers Lichfield

OVM 399R 141 double drive ex Tayers Lichfield 4 wheeler rebuilt by us and converted to DD,photo taken on last trip to europe at Reims 1986

MIL 1430 143 LHD double drive T cab which belonged to my brother Robert (The Heavey Mob), he imported this truck after the company was split up 16 years ago following the death of our parents. It had a long chassis and came with a tipping body and drag couplings. the body could be quickly removed to reveal a fithwheel plate for use as a unit.
Regards Keith.

Hi Desert - where did the Scania 110 CDM752J originate?

Re:- Shropshire Hauliers, does anyone remember D & N Morgan of Craven Arms?

rapidgem:
Hi Desert - where did the Scania 110 CDM752J originate?

Re:- Shropshire Hauliers, does anyone remember D & N Morgan of Craven Arms?

I remember D & N Morgan, packed up about thirty years ago, Martin Price ran half a dozen or so artic bulk tipers out of their yard at Craven Arms for a few years.
C J Morris runs a tidy fleet of Scania’s from Longlane ,Craven Arms now. Don,t know if he’s ever run abroad, he was on containers now tankers and curtainsiders.

Hi rapidgem
CDM752J was brought new by my father Peter Millington Christmas 1970/71 from B+W Moters Scania Agents when they were in Wolverhampton.I think it was £5500 chassis day cab. We converted it to sleeper in 1977 by cutting the back off and grafting the rear of a damaged Bowkers Of Blackburn cab to it. Then in about 1979/80 removed the origanal engine after 1 million miles and fitted a second hand v8 140 engine but left the 110 badge on, made a few people look I can tell you. I cut it up in about 1987, made a trailer dolly for a local farmer out of the rear end and set fire to the cab.sorry now :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

A couple more from Shropshire.

Not sure if this is the same “Edwards” from Market Drayton

Not an old one. Alick Archer runs his fleet from Leintwardine on the Hereford - Shropshire border.

Another of Archers in the yard.