Should have gone with mr loophole

nightline:
Why would you report someone or something that had nothing to do with you
Why would you want to get involved
What would you get out of it
As for making the world a better place it’s a load of crap or doing your duty is a load of crap just mind your own business
As long as it don’t involve you give it a wide berth and mind your own business
Once a rat always a rat

Little scenario for you… You are walking a long a quiet unlit street when you hear screaming. You see a guy trying to ■■■■ a young female. NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU SO JUST WALK ON BY.

Or you see an old lady getting mugged in the street but nothing to do with you so you give it a wide berth and ignore.

Well sorry I would get involved in both cases and if that makes me a rat then so be it.

There is a very obvious joke there ^^^^^ but I’ll show a little maturity and resist. :wink:

Mr Beckham was seen using a handheld mobile device at knee level, according to the BBC report. Who’s going to see that in (albeit slow) moving traffic? Truck driver maybe? Who knows.
My personal opinion is that it’s a bit crappy for someone to dob him in to the police for it but on the other hand, using a phone whilst driving truly IS a very common cause of road collisions (damage-only to fatals), that’s just a fact I’m afraid. He’s clearly done it and he’s been man enough to take it on the chin.
I’m intrigued to see that his Barrister told the Court " Mr Tyrrell told the court that Beckham found driving a relaxing pastime"…he was in Central London ffs, who finds driving in Central London a relaxing pastime? :laughing:

the maoster:
There is a very obvious joke there ^^^^^ but I’ll show a little maturity and resist. :wink:

Good of you not to…interject…here.

the maoster:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
its not so much fun when they make it too easy… :wink:

jakethesnake:
Seriously though, of course I see the difference. It’s just that the snake does not bother me as much (it does you) as someone breaking the law and through their selfish arrogance could go on to kill or injure some innocent person.

Also in my opinion if a driver phoned up to complain about the actions of another driver I doubt very much whether he stressed he wanted no repurcussions would have any great effect.
I am sure the TM would take his own appropriate actions.

Well thank Christ for that, you see the difference at last !

Potential balls ups and law breaking on the road does not ‘‘bother’’ me as such. Maybe it annoys me yeh sure, but we’re going around in circles :unamused: when I say again… It is not my responsibility to do anything about it, there are blokes out there who get paid for that who wear blue uniforms, so the busy bodies should either officially join them or shut the ■■■■ up.

As for the case concerning me, maybe you’re right, the TM would do whatever, but maybe take what I said into consideration…tbh I don’t really care, it was my way of making myself feel better about going against my own code of doing things, and at the risk of sounding childish :blush: at least that driver was aware I was ‘looking for him’ , as it was my ‘‘little girl’’ he put off the road, to make the ■■■■ think about it, and at the same time maybe next time he would think twice if a same scenario occured.

I thought the same thing as Maoster btw :smiley: , but that’s a whole different ball game, if you step in you are helping a victim, I’d go as far as saying if you had anything about you, in those type of situations it is actually your responsibility as a human being, where as if you report somebody for a traffic offence you are interfering in something which does not concern you… which is not your responsibility.
:bulb:

Have we finally put this to bed or what? :smiley:

jakethesnake:

nightline:
Why would you report someone or something that had nothing to do with you
Why would you want to get involved
What would you get out of it
As for making the world a better place it’s a load of crap or doing your duty is a load of crap just mind your own business
As long as it don’t involve you give it a wide berth and mind your own business
Once a rat always a rat

Little scenario for you… You are walking a long a quiet unlit street when you hear screaming. You see a guy trying to ■■■■ a young female. NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU SO JUST WALK ON BY.

Or you see an old lady getting mugged in the street but nothing to do with you so you give it a wide berth and ignore.

Well sorry I would get involved in both cases and if that makes me a rat then so be it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i fully agree with you on the above points.
i know i posted before about this but a perfect example for me was a while ago late one evening as i was waiting for a bus with about 20 or so other late night passengers.
straight across the road from us,a group of thugs were abusing and kicking lumps out of an old lady in a shop doorway for about 10 minutes before taking her handbag and removing her ■■■■■,then walking off laughing.
we all stood around watching her lying there and apparently lapsing in and out of consciousness as she basically bled to death,and to my great surprise,not one single person went to her aid whatsoever…absolutely scandalous!!!

Almost rob almost. Although I don’t entirely agree with you I can see your point. One last question for you if you don’t mind before I go.

You see a fellow driver who you think may be under the influence of drink or drugs. Now from what you have said it’s got nothing to do with you and as there are no police around you will just ignore it knowing full well he may wipe an innocent family out further down the road. Of course he may not. (on this occasion)

A driver with a phone in his hand is the same as a driver under the influence (potential killer) maybe even more so than someone who has had a few pints but we all ignore it because it’s got nothing to do with us knowing full well the potential consequences?

There’s something not right I fear.

PS I am not a grass but society is wrong somewhere.

jakethesnake:

Almost rob almost. Although I don’t entirely agree with you I can see your point. One last question for you if you don’t mind before I go.

You see a fellow driver who you think may be under the influence of drink or drugs. Now from what you have said it’s got nothing to do with you and as there are no police around you will just ignore it knowing full well he may wipe an innocent family out further down the road. Of course he may not. (on this occasion)

A driver with a phone in his hand is the same as a driver under the influence (potential killer) maybe even more so than someone who has had a few pints but we all ignore it because it’s got nothing to do with us knowing full well the potential consequences?

There’s something not right I fear.

PS I am not a grass but society is wrong somewhere.

You just love your hypothetical situations backed up with a sting in tail type worst case scenario don’t you.
Ok, not exactly an everyday event, well never happened to me in last 30+ yrs or so anyway, so not really sure how I’d react, I’d probably say something to them I reckon, who knows.

The closest to that was on the night ferry, the morning after, where I’ve seen lads who worked on the same co who have pulled off the boat and had a couple of hours on the quay having a kip, I’ve maybe said to one in the past suggesting that, I can’t recall, but that’s as far as it goes.

As for a driver holding the phone being the same or worse :open_mouth: as a driver running ■■■■■■ ? :open_mouth: …Nah that’s complete crap mate, and you know it.
Any official statistics on any subject (that I take with a bucket of salt but you apparentlly do not) are there to prove any desired point, and are massaged thus to achieve that . :bulb:

I don’t hold a phone, as I don’t want to be nicked, …but I drive with one hand more often than not…it’s what I do, I still use a 80s style steer knob (that nobody on here likes apparentlly, …but I do.) and I’ve driven 1000s of safe uneventful miles that way over the years.
I also simultaneously listen to the radio when driving, or sometimes I’m engrossed in listening to a talking book…ie the self same routine as concentrating on a hand held phone conversation.
You can say wtf you like Jake, but it’s humanly impossible to concentrate totally 100% on driving for 9/10 hours a day, so the amount of ■■■■ that happens whilst doing so, depends on how well (or otherwise) you are able to deal with outside distractions.
Again…we both see the same things entirely different. :smiley:

Yep we sure do but at least you have the common courteousy to give an answer back where as some on here make a comment then don’t or can’t back it up.

jakethesnake:

Yep we sure do but at least you have the common courteousy to give an answer back where as some on here make a comment then don’t or can’t back it up.

Wow ! …No argument on my last post??,
Am I led to believe that after reading it you found that you actually agree with all of it after all ? :sunglasses:

As Brian Clough once said to one of his players…something like.
‘‘So this is how it works young man, we’ll both discuss this, and make our points, then shortly after that we’ll both agree that I’m right’’ :sunglasses:
:laughing:

i’m sorry rr I was with you most of the way till you mentioned a steering knob,(no pun intended :wink: ) but I’ve got this picture of you now in goat skin clogs and a wallet with a long chain on it… :laughing: :wink:

m.a.n rules:
i’m sorry rr I was with you most of the way till you mentioned a steering knob,(no pun intended :wink: ) but I’ve got this picture of you now in goat skin clogs and a wallet with a long chain on it… :laughing: :wink:

:blush: Still use the wallet on chain mate :blush: :laughing:
No goatskin clogs, but still with the Dutch clacks. :smiley:
In fact I’m just an 80s throwback, …but unable to cultivate a mullet anymore. :laughing:

good on ya mate, happy to see the transport antiques roadshow is still going strong… :smiley:

dieseldog999:
holy topic change batman…i wonder where this will go now? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Hmmm, I’m thinking thread lock once the mods awake from their opium induced coma :smiley:

the maoster:

dieseldog999:
holy topic change batman…i wonder where this will go now? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Hmmm, I’m thinking thread lock once the mods awake from their opium induced coma :smiley:

It appears that poster has made only two posts on the forum both of which are identical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the maoster:

dieseldog999:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
he would have gotten away with it as apparently the wife only realised she had been assaulted after the 2nd time as the first time she thought it was her hubby…until he started ploughing her again 10 mins later… :slight_smile:

dieseldog999:

the maoster:

dieseldog999:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
he would have gotten away with it as apparently the wife only realised she had been assaulted after the 2nd time as the first time she thought it was her hubby…until he started ploughing her again 10 mins later… :slight_smile:

blueovalcraig:

the maoster:

dieseldog999:

It appears that poster has made only two posts on the forum both of which are identical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And it’s the truth.

:smiley:

toonsy:
Surely a Bentley would have Bluetooth as standard? :laughing:

I was just thinking about that myself.