Shit RDCs

Mans gotta get paid innit.

I honestly could not do rdc work, it would be completely torturous to me to be locked in a canteen amongst a group of usual type of drivers. I would be clawing at the door to get out. I understand people need to earn a living but that to me would completely finish me off.

DonutUK:

robroy:
Yeh■■?. No [zb]? :smiley:

Ok, I don’t get paid for breaks, so if I had ‘‘just cracked on home’’ I would have had 45 mins taken off the time I had worked.

I just do this job for one reason boys, and I’m an arsey (and greedy) ■■■■■ to boot…hope that clarifies. :bulb: :smiley:

But you’re going to be stopped 45 mins regardless?

So if you take it on the bay, you’re going to get stopped it…or if you take it on the way home you’re going to get stopped it…but on the bay you’d be home 45 mins (at least) earlier…?

If the break is for recuperation then, I would argue, a plastic seat in an environment that is not relaxing fails to be recuperative but in a cab with my own choice of amusment in a seat or bunk is. It’s the petty small minded nature of these restrictions that is the issue.

Someone in the past has engineered a solution out of all proportion to the problem. It shouldn’t be beyond the whit of man to engineer a solution that is appropriate.

Of course that would need a desire to actually act in manner compatible with all the corperate BS, fluffy PR words so often spouted.

I take me hat off to the boys and girls who subject themselves to RDC hell every day.
I’ve literally done a handful of modern RDC drops over my whole driving life and i hated every bloody one except Marks and Sparks at Lutterworth who had nice friendly people on the desk, that place was a breath of fresh air.

It reminds me of school in some ways, as you enter you leave your coat on the peg, but in RDC land every bugger who works there has to leave their brain on the peg instead.

I’m hearing the masked ball music from Kubriks_Eyes Wide Shut movie[the one resembling a typical soiree,chez redshield]…maybe i’m over reacting :angry:

I don’t know what’s worst about these places. The petty-minded H&S garbage, the dim-witted bell-ends who believe that the act of unloading some pallets is akin in complexity to open heart surgery, or (last but certainly not least) listening to the ubiquitous foul-mouthed cretin whose V8 has been chipped to 1,000bhp, dictates to the TM that he is finished by dinner on a Friday, just missed the Herald, and was the first one through the window of the Iranian embassy. Whoops, nearly forgot. And is also clearing a grand a week on general haulage.

Many of the people found in an RDC deserve each other. For everyone else, visiting them is a terrible way to waste your life.

DonutUK:

robroy:
Yeh■■?. No [zb]? :smiley:

Ok, I don’t get paid for breaks, so if I had ‘‘just cracked on home’’ I would have had 45 mins taken off the time I had worked.

I just do this job for one reason boys, and I’m an arsey (and greedy) ■■■■■ to boot…hope that clarifies. :bulb: :smiley:

But you’re going to be stopped 45 mins regardless?

So if you take it on the bay, you’re going to get stopped it…or if you take it on the way home you’re going to get stopped it…but on the bay you’d be home 45 mins (at least) earlier…?

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I’m glad I wasn’t the only one.

robroy:
Ok, so I’ll try and explain again. :unamused:
Let’s say for easiness the job took 5 hours including sat in that crap hole (say what you like that time is work time, so I want paid for it)
So I book 3 quarters of that time as a ‘break’ I get paid 4 and a quarter hours… losing 45 mins pay.!!

I take my 45 on way home I get paid the full 5 :sunglasses: . :bulb:

They let me away with Jack [zb], that is how they are, so I reciprocate…ie reap what you sow. :bulb:

Arsey? Petty? Awkward? …yeh maybe all 3, but as I said I work only for the money not to pose about in a big truck/big trucker stylee.
Does that clarify ?

Pulling teeth or what. :wink: :laughing:
Sorry guys…bad day. :blush:

So you’ve been at work for 5hrs 45 mins after taking break on the way home…and still only getting paid for 5 hrs…?

DonutUK:

robroy:
Let’s say for easiness the job took 5 hours including sat in that crap hole (say what you like that time is work time, so I want paid for it)
So I book 3 quarters of that time as a ‘break’ I get paid 4 and a quarter hours… losing 45 mins pay.!!

They let me away with Jack [zb], that is how they are, so I reciprocate…ie reap what you sow. :bulb:

Arsey? Petty? Awkward? …yeh maybe all 3, but as I said I work only for the money not to pose about in a big truck/big trucker stylee.
Does that clarify ?

So you’ve been at work for 5hrs 45 mins after taking break on the way home…and still only getting paid for 5 hrs…?

Never understood that mentality, last job a route driver would never take a break waiting or on a bay, I’d take a break whenever possible/sensible. Salaried job, I’d finish 2-3 hours earlier on the same route, we’d take home exactly the same amount each month, I’d do significantly less hours to achieve this amount, but he held to his principles!

DonutUK:

robroy:

Does that clarify ?

Am I being wound up here or what? :smiley:
I work for a crap firm who do not pay during breaks.
I needed a break by law so rather than book a moody one when I was in effect working so therefore loose 45 mins pay, I booked a legit one later on,.and caught up with a bit of kip. :bulb:
Yeh swings and roundabouts, but suffice to say I felt better about it rather than lose (an admittedly paltry amount of) pay.
Just to reiterate… they penny pinch me so I try and ‘‘get my own back’’ no matter how petty you may think that is it suits me. :wink:
Is it really so hard to understand bud?

Vid:

DonutUK:

robroy:

Does that clarify ?

Never understood that mentality, last job a route driver would never take a break waiting or on a bay, I’d take a break whenever possible/sensible. Salaried job, I’d finish 2-3 hours earlier on the same route, we’d take home exactly the same amount each month, I’d do significantly less hours to achieve this amount, but he held to his principles!

Exactly …SALARIED job, mines per hour rate. :bulb:

DonutUK:

robroy:

Does that clarify ?

The point though, is that he’s been paid for the length of time that the job took.

Since he’s going to get his break stopped whatever he does he should get to choose when and how in his working day that “no pay” time takes place.

If his firm didn’t stop paying him for his break, as if he has a choice of being anywhere else or doing anything else during that stoppage :unamused: then I’m sure he’d cover the RDC hell time on break.

slowlane:

DonutUK:

robroy:

Does that clarify ?

The point though, is that he’s been paid for the length of time that the job took.

Since he’s going to get his break stopped whatever he does he should get to choose when and how in his working day that “no pay” time takes place.

If his firm didn’t stop paying him for his break, as if he has a choice of being anywhere else or doing anything else during that stoppage :unamused: then I’m sure he’d cover the RDC hell time on break.

youtu.be/qatIhuyyDV4
Thanks mate. :sunglasses: :smiley:

robroy:
Got coerced into a run up to a supermarket RDC Glasgow this morning when I got back to yard…I was caught at a weak moment on the phone yesterday. :unamused:
Got there and I looked forward to an hour’s kip on the bunk on the bay, …but no you guessed it, I’m sat on a [zb] plastic chair watching some crap on telly instead. :smiling_imp:
I tried to reason with the guy on the counter being very friendly, and said ‘‘Any chance of handing keys in and going for a kip mate’’ offered to drop airline, drop legs or even drop trailer, (or any other [zb] way he could stop me from moving off)…but no, not a [zb] chance.

I’ve been here 1 and half hours and counting, trying to keep a low profile sat in a corner, trying to look unfriendly, and make my body language say to others… ‘’ [zb] off, Don’t talk to me, I don’t want to hear your made up bs’’ :smiley: …although I can still hear some of it. :unamused:

I don’t usually do this type of crap work, (thank Christ) and I know some of you lads will be used to it, and take all that crap for granted, but I mean ffs,.I had zero intention of moving off the bay, so what IS the problem.
(I know the answer btw, knob heads in the past who have pulled off, but Jeez. :unamused: )

So I still need to take a 45 now later on, instead of just [zb] ing off home. :unamused: :imp:
[zb] RDCs you can keep them. :smiling_imp:

Was that Bellshill?

robroy:

DonutUK:

robroy:

Does that clarify ?

I needed a break by law so rather than book a moody one when I was in effect working so therefore loose 45 mins pay, I booked a legit one later on,.and caught up with a bit of kip. :bulb:
Yeh swings and roundabouts, but suffice to say I felt better about it rather than lose (an admittedly paltry amount of) pay.
Just to reiterate… they penny pinch me so I try and ‘‘get my own back’’ no matter how petty you may think that is it suits me. :wink:

Nothing ‘moody’ about booking a break when sat in a waiting room watching TV, listening to bullshine, browsing the phone etc etc…

Don’t get me wrong, I understand the mentality of ‘you’re stopping me the time so I’m ■■■■ well going to have the time”…but in reality you haven’t gained anything…you’ve still lost 45 mins pay in relation to how long you’ve actually been at work. Just seems very pedantic on a Saturday when surely most of us have got better things to do.

Maybe it’s because we only run in occasionally on Saturdays and as it’s less than 4.5 hrs we don’t get stopped our break.

DonutUK:

robroy:

DonutUK:

robroy:

Does that clarify ?

Nothing ‘moody’ about booking a break when sat in a waiting room watching TV, listening to bullshine, browsing the phone etc etc…

Don’t get me wrong, I understand the mentality of ‘you’re stopping me the time so I’m ■■■■ well going to have the time”…but in reality you haven’t gained anything…you’ve still lost 45 mins pay in relation to how long you’ve actually been at work. Just seems very pedantic on a Saturday when surely most of us have got better things to do.

:neutral_face: Aye ok mate.
Tell you what, we’ll just leave it at that then eh? :neutral_face:

I would have had a nap when I was being unloaded.

DonutUK:

robroy:

Does that clarify ?

Thats exactly how I read it as well.

Trickydick:

DonutUK:

robroy:

Does that clarify ?

Jeez…Don’t believe this is still running. :open_mouth: :smiley:
What’s so ■■■■ hard to grasp here with some of you, or is it ‘Let’s wind Rob up and act dumb day’’ :smiley:
Are we sat comfortably…here goes.
I got paid for every minute I worked.
Did not book a false break sat waiting where I could not call it ‘free time’ and lose 45 mins pay, without a break/much needed kip.
Had a statuory legal break away from a working environment (ie waiting room craphole) instead of getting 45 minutes shaved off my working time for a break,…and finished my day refreshed after a good half hour’s kip on my bunk and 15 mins having a coffee. :sunglasses:

Like I said …pulling teeth. :smiley:

robroy:

Trickydick:

DonutUK:

robroy:

Does that clarify ?

Jeez…Don’t believe this is still running. :open_mouth: :smiley:
What’s so [zb] hard to grasp here with some of you, or is it ‘Let’s wind Rob up and act dumb day’’ :smiley:
Are we sat comfortably…here goes.
I got paid for every minute I worked.
Did not book a false break sat waiting where I could not call it ‘free time’ and lose 45 mins pay, without a break/much needed kip.
Had a statuory legal break away from a working environment (ie waiting room craphole) instead of getting 45 minutes shaved off my working time for a break,…and finished my day refreshed after a good half hour’s kip on my bunk and 15 mins having a coffee. :sunglasses:

Like I said …pulling teeth. :smiley:

I thought you said earlier on you were going to leave it there :grimacing: