Shit RDCs

Can see both sides of this.
Yes technically he hasn’t gained anything money wise as he’s out 5.75 hours instead of 5 but at the same time, if he’s sat in a ■■■■■■ waiting room then its hardly a place for relaxation and its a long way from Glasgow down to Newcastle so having a break on the bunk, in the cab would be a “real” break. I have in my head, based on the description, he was at Sainsburys east Kilbride which is probably on the top 5 worst rdcs in the UK list so it would feel like work not being able to relax properly which creates a tired and not fully concentrating driver which is exactly why legal breaks were introduced in the first place.
So yes, he’s increased his working day but he’s not just “had some time out of the cab” which is basically what an rdc room feels like even if it is technically a break as he’s not driving.

Cant believe this is still going :wink: :laughing:

You should try being stuck in a waiting room for over 8hrs, then you know your patience is tested.

robroy:
Sat beside a Stobby driver now, [zb] very poor second. :unamused:

It wasn’t Dozy was it ?

robroy:
I take my 45 on way home I get paid the full 5

Only 5hrs pay??
Surely you should be getting 8hrs minimum pay :sunglasses:

peirre:
You should try being stuck in a waiting room for over 8hrs, then you know your patience is tested.

robroy:
Sat beside a Stobby driver now, [zb] very poor second. :unamused:

It wasn’t Dozy was it ?

robroy:
I take my 45 on way home I get paid the full 5

Only 5hrs pay??

Ohhhhhhhhhh…Noooooooooooooooo !! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Regards. John.

peirre:
Only 5hrs pay??

For anybody who aint bored ■■■■ less with this thread,.and for anybody who is still (bizzarelly :laughing: ) interested…
The 5 hour thing was used as an example to try and clarify and simplify a point…while banging my head against the wall. :smiley:

I actually started at Lancaster after a 15 hour day previous, fighting through Bank hol wk.end traffic,.with a 9 hr reduced rest.
Up to Carlisle change trailers, up to Glasgow.(2 and half hours to tip :unamused: ) and back down, (with my break) dropped trailer, phoned the Mrs, quick truck wash.

(Btw to backtrack a bit…While sat in my plastic hard assed chair in rdc, I was on T.net,.a couple of Whats apps to a couple of mates, then on You Tube ■■■■■■■ after Holly Willoughby, read part of Friday’s Sun, scratched my arse picked my nose, went for a quick Jimmy… etc etc.)

So total hours for day was about 11 hours or so.

Nice day, about 18 degrees C, traffic not to bad,.and I was wearing denim shorts, blue polo, Calvin Klein undercrackers, (or was it George at Asda) .accessorised with a …(.incidentally very cool) pair of shades. :sunglasses:

Think I’ve covered everything, do get back to me if anybody requires more detail on this riveting subject. :laughing:

robroy:

peirre:
Only 5hrs pay??

For anybody who aint bored [zb] less with this thread,.and for anybody who is still (bizzarelly :laughing: ) interested…
The 5 hour thing was used as an example to try and clarify and simplify a point…while banging my head against the wall. :smiley:

I actually started at Lancaster after a 15 hour day previous, fighting through Bank hol wk.end traffic,.with a 9 hr reduced rest.
Up to Carlisle change trailers, up to Glasgow.(2 and half hours to tip :unamused: ) and back down, (with my break) dropped trailer, phoned the Mrs, quick truck wash.

(Btw to backtrack a bit…While sat in my plastic hard assed chair in rdc, I was on T.net,.a couple of Whats apps to a couple of mates, then on You Tube ■■■■■■■ after Holly Willoughby, read part of Friday’s Sun, scratched my arse picked my nose, went for a quick Jimmy… etc etc.)

Nice day, about 18 degrees C, traffic not to bad,.and I was wearing denim shorts, blue polo, Calvin Klein undercrackers, (or was it George at Asda) .accessorised with a …(.incidentally very cool) pair of shades. :sunglasses:

Think I’ve covered everything, do get back to me if anybody requires more detail on this riveting subject. :laughing:

While you were sat on that plastic chair, did you take any coffee?
Sugared or not? Milk or dairy substitute or bla… umm… natural?
What`s your caffeine and calorie intake daily?
:smiley:

I’d have done the same as you Robroy.
Whilst on remand in the holding cell it would have been work mode, and after being released into relative freedom (enjoy it’s fast disappearing) would have taken a break where and when it suited me.
Oh and i’m salaried.

Being an ex tanker driver , I totally cannot understand anyone who near daily goes through this RDC ■■■■■■■■, it needs someone to pay a fancy solicitor to prove it is not good for health and well-being and mental state to be subjected to this torture. What does it take to lock of an airline and leave you where you belong…in a cab with coffee, ■■■■ and somewhere to rest.
They are just jealous in my opinion !!

robroy:

peirre:
Only 5hrs pay??

For anybody who aint bored [zb] less with this thread,.and for anybody who is still (bizzarelly :laughing: ) interested…

Did you not have a hat to go with them shades? It would have added +10 cool points, clean shaven or stubble/beard. I need to draw an image in my head!

Ghiabox:

robroy:

peirre:
Only 5hrs pay??

Did you not have a hat to go with them shades? It would have added +10 cool points, clean shaven or stubble/beard. I need to draw an image in my head!

Ok, unbelievably handsome and rugged, cap (baseball not cloth btw :smiley: ) sometimes on, (either right way or back to front depending on how cool I want to look) head shaved to an inch of it’s life, goatee beard trimmed to perfection, in fact an all round fine figure of cool trucking manbeast,.and simply loved by the laydeeeez. . :sunglasses:
Aging slightly, but hey…you can’t have everything. :laughing:

:unamused: :unamused: :smiley:

Offers Robroy…

A cup of tea and a foot stool.

robroy:

Ghiabox:

Ok, unbelievably handsome and rugged, cap (baseball not cloth btw :smiley: ) sometimes on, (either right way or back to front depending on how cool I want to look) head shaved to an inch of it’s life, goatee beard trimmed to perfection, in fact an all round fine figure of cool trucking manbeast,.and simply loved by the laydeeeez. . :sunglasses:
Aging slightly, but hey…you can’t have everything. :laughing:

:unamused: :unamused: :smiley:

Sound like Brad Pitt

You haven’t lived til you’ve spent ten hours in Iceland Swindons waiting room. Yes, 10 hours…

3 wheeler:
Being an ex tanker driver , I totally cannot understand anyone who near daily goes through this RDC [zb], it needs someone to pay a fancy solicitor to prove it is not good for health and well-being and mental state to be subjected to this torture. What does it take to lock of an airline and leave you where you belong…in a cab with coffee, ■■■■ and somewhere to rest.
They are just jealous in my opinion !!

Reckon there’s more than a grain of truth right there chap.They need to share the misery of these festering,spiritually disembowelling,gangrenous circles of hell,right across the board.

switchlogic:
You haven’t lived til you’ve spent ten hours in Iceland Swindons waiting room. Yes, 10 hours…

That is just totally out of order and has crossed the line by about 7 hours from being reasonable to totally unacceptable.
No doubt you will get some dumb assed heroes that would book that ‘‘time off’’ as reduced daily rest and crack on to another complete shift. :unamused:

As 3 wheeler said, something should be done from a legal perspective.
Where tf is H&S when you need it, how can a 10 hour wait in a dirty uncomfortable craphole waiting room be condusive with health, driver’s welfare and well being.

Those bastds just treat drivers with zero thought, or consideration, and should be sorted one way or another.

I reckon I’d last no more than a fortnight doing that type of crap everyday, before I was totally ■■■■■■ off with it.

The old chestnut/myth and unlikliehood of ‘‘Drivers sticking together’’ is deffo needed here to put an end to this abuse, but we all know that won’t happen. :unamused:

Seeing as I’ve never done this RDC stuff (only been passed cat c two month) why do they take your keys off you? Surely its in your best interests to keep hold of your own keys to prevent any theft of personal belongings etc and seeing as you’re responsible for that vehicle you should have the keys…

switchlogic:

The last time I was there I took my paperwork in and Angie told me to sit in my lorry and she’d send someone out to me when they required me on a bay. Obviously I immediately suspected a trap, but no, good to her word after 50 mins or so I was directed to a bay and only then sat in the hospitality suite for 30 mins or so. Deeply suspicious.

Here’s what they do at the RDC i worked at, driver backs into an assigned bay, drops trailer and parks tractor unit in designated tractor parking area. Driver can stay in the break room where there are vending machines and a telly and b/s with his buddies about his super trucker accomplishments or stay in his tractor where he’ll be called on the cb when empty or a yard jockey will come over and tell him. No showers but restrooms are kept clean. :astonished:

Last non-Amazon RDC i was at a few years ago, john lewis MK. very clean tidy and capeted lol

So you’ve been at work for 5hrs 45 mins after taking break on the way home…and still only getting paid for 5 hrs…?
[/quote]
if he had taken his break on the bay he would only have been paid 4.15 hrs, or he may not have been paid at all. if he had his tacho on break for 5 hours, his boss could argue that he had a 5 hour break. he could have buggered off into glasgow and done some shopping.