John Cunningham
Ian Thain
Joe Bagnell (Zack Dingle)
Ian White
Cecil Robinson
Ricky Watson & his Son
Yan Duda (Polish)
Thomas Legunis (Lithuanian)

I believe There was a good looking lass that worked for John for awhile, sadly I never met her.

Hi it Ken fraggle1 keep in touch love d workings with you

Heysham docks 2003 ish

I moved over to Ireland in 1993 and settled in Navan Co Meath mainly because the family of my lass lived there, which meant that she would have people around her while I was on the road.
I first started for Flying Giraffe who ran out of “Red Cow” Dublin, which was run by an Englishman Derek and his Irish wife Collett (spelling), it was a great friendly company running groupage to and from the UK.
After about 6 months of flying around (no pun intended) I manage to join Sherlock Transport Services from Gainstown, Navan, Co Meath, I could take my truck home and it was only a couple of miles away.
Sherlock Transport was run by John Sherlock from a farm in Gainstown owned by his dad Pat, a well known and liked wool and hide merchant. Sadly Pat died in July 2011 RIP.
Our main task was delivering Envelopes for Trimfold in Trim throughout the UK, we also delivered hides to Clonmel, Waterford and Wool to mainly Bradford/Dewsbury area where Pat Sherlock was thought of very highly and because his wool was of such good quality, Sherlock trucks were always brought out of a queue to be unloaded first, some drivers drove in Europe and Quality Kitchens were brought over to Ireland from Italy. I did mainly UK and Irish work, although John Sherlock did take the ■■■■ from time to time, lol I did enjoy the work and of all the companies I worked for in the 48 years I spent as a driver, he was one of the best.
I’ve lots of stories to tell, but that’s for the future. Any drivers from Portway etc who used to travel on Irish Ferries, Stena, Seatruck, Merchant Ferries and P&O, especially running out on a Sunday night to Heysham, lets hear from you. John McNally (Beano)