Hart Transport Braintree's Finest Haulage company!

Evening all, some photos of dad’s finest fleet… If anyone has some memories or stories about him would love to hear them…good or bad…haha

F88 bucket of…

The man himself

Wouldn’t pull a black man off your mother

Best truck ever made…evidently…

Spanking new MAN pictured in Berlin. Went off the clock down the corridor…

Proper motor…

Family photie

7th 2033 in England…bought from Biss vehicles

image.jpg

Bought chip as chips from ERF salesman… Roger ? Can’t remember his name but he caught a cold with this one…haha

i like the man himself in those overalls , look at the patina on them , you could go swimming in them and not get wet , lol

rigsby:
i like the man himself in those overalls , look at the patina on them , you could go swimming in them and not get wet , lol

There was a valid reason for that Rigsby.

Tubby was an avid lover of whisky, and i mean SERIOUSLY so, he used to drink it neat out of an old tea mug. It mattered not what name / brand it was, whatever the local Tesco’s had on special or any bottle one of the drivers was foolish enough to leave laying in their cab. So, the heavily greased overalls kept his bodily evaporation down to a minimal level and as such the blissful effect of the whiskey lasted much longer !!!

Tubby was another of lifes great characters, i have many a happy memory of times involving him.

Steve.

In earlier days Tubby was in partnership with a chap called Wally Scrivenor, they traded as H & S Tpt.

I wondered at the time why it was H & S ( Hart and Scrivenor ) and not Scrivenor + Hart International Transport, as that would of had a little ‘twist’ to it !!

Steve…

You are correct on both counts Mr Gray !!

The Foden is sign written with h&s. I’ll post one of it in Braintree carnival…probably the wrong way round as can’t seem to get the fotos on straight…mind you makes the number plates harder to read, not such a bad thing hey !!

Brahma of a motor

Braintree carnage

image.jpg

Another carnival !!

image.jpg

And another!

image.jpg

Nice to see a couple of the pictures up the right way, they were making my neck ache…anyway, never knew him, but knew the company, and often saw the trucks around.

Braintree’s Finest Haulage company !

Thought that was Mr Prince :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: