Selbys garage (woodhouse)

longpod:
did lee have the 54 plate foden before? glad to see somebody else still running a few fodens.

Yes that’s right mate he did.

gickniff:
0124:D :smiley: Here’s a few photos of Selbys artics , I hope to post a few of the 8 wheelers soon.

A up Nick. is the Dodge in the picture the one you was on about recently mate■■? :smiley:

ERF Lover:
Some great pics on this thread. I remember them well and used to see them on a regular basis when I rode shot gun with my uncle from mountsorrel on Elliott’s. hope you have more pics to post :smiley:

i remember Elliott’s from my time in 'Sorrell,some good lads on there.Big Charlie and ‘Doreen’ are two that spring to mind.

tango boy:

gickniff:
0124:D :smiley: Here’s a few photos of Selbys artics , I hope to post a few of the 8 wheelers soon.

A up Nick. is the Dodge in the picture the one you was on about recently mate■■? :smiley:

On a different post Tim its a black and white photo and you can’t quite make out the name on the door. Its on Selbys garage (woodhouse) old trucks.

carryfast-yeti:

ERF Lover:
Some great pics on this thread. I remember them well and used to see them on a regular basis when I rode shot gun with my uncle from mountsorrel on Elliott’s. hope you have more pics to post :smiley:

i remember Elliott’s from my time in 'Sorrell,some good lads on there.Big Charlie and ‘Doreen’ are two that spring to mind.

Haha, as far as I know Big Charlie still working for him but not sure about ‘Doreen’? Walter used to run out of there too and Roy. Doreen was noticeable with the name on the front and the white mirror caps and bumper ends (attached pic)
Do you remember Dave Turton? He ran out of there too ‘Octopus’ cb handle.

Great thread and keep the pics coming :smiley:

image.jpg

ERF Lover:

carryfast-yeti:

ERF Lover:

Haha, as far as I know Big Charlie still working for him but not sure about ‘Doreen’? Walter used to run out of there too and Roy. Doreen was noticeable with the name on the front and the white mirror caps and bumper ends (attached pic)

Roy…that was 'Doreen’s name! lol.-can’t remember Dave Turton by name.was that Leyland ex-Redland?

carryfast-yeti:

ERF Lover:

carryfast-yeti:

ERF Lover:

Roy…that was 'Doreen’s name! lol.-can’t remember Dave Turton by name.was that Leyland ex-Redland?

It was his name and Doreen his wife, but there was another Roy too.
As far as the Leyland goes I’m not sure. Dave is my uncle and I have posted a pic on another thread with him in it so you may recognize him??
This is a fantastic thread and its good to see Selby’s still keeping the tradition of there colours. They always looked the part :slight_smile:

Here’s a few updated photos we’ve now got 3 iveco’s and a renualt.

Pedlar still driving then Gickniff :astonished: i thought that old Mod retired years ago :confused: :laughing:

carryfast-yeti:
Pedlar still driving then Gickniff :astonished: i thought that old Mod retired years ago :confused: :laughing:

Ha ! No chance mate although he’s 65 next sept 2014 and he’s not done his dcpc So I reckon he’ll be done then !

Nice pics mate.

How many Fodens are still on the fleet?

Cheers
Mark

roadcommander2:
Nice pics mate.

How many Fodens are still on the fleet?

Cheers
Mark

There are 5 left mate

Here’s a couple taken up at anfield

SAM_1253.JPG

SAM_1257.JPG

The smartest wagon on the fleet is the Renault :wink: :laughing:

breedy:
The smartest wagon on the fleet is the Renault :wink: :laughing:

Ha!

Lee may have told me to say that, but you’ll have to ask him

how long have selbys been going?

robinswh:
how long have selbys been going?

They have been in the village of wood house eaves for near on a century according to Barry selby in one guise or another they started in haulage in the early to mid fifties they went limited in around 1960.

gickniff:

Did they nick owt offa the waggon mate■■? :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

tango boy:

gickniff:

Did they nick owt offa the waggon mate■■? :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ha! No although the locals looked alright the security staff looked dodgy :smiley: